WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS 2020 DISCUSSION - Lakers vs Nuggets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Did the Lakers really pass on Jokic for Julius Randle? 😝 Thanks Mitch and Jim! I’m sure had he fallen past 45, we’d take him at 46 instead of Clarkson. 🙄

On a serious note, I can’t believe someone this great dropped down to 41.

I was just thinking about this last night. You know how when we look back at drafts, we'll say this guy or that guy should have been the #1 pick... Well, is Joker the lowest "Should have been #1" pick ever at 41? Well, I guess we could argue him or Embiid.

Can't fault the Lakers, everyone missed, including the Nuggets, they took Nurkic at 16 first, then they took Jokic later in the 2nd rd. Nurkic is not a bad player. That was a homerun draft for them.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Did the Lakers really pass on Jokic for Julius Randle? 😝 Thanks Mitch and Jim! I’m sure had he fallen past 45, we’d take him at 46 instead of Clarkson. 🙄

I was just thinking about this last night. You know how when we look back at drafts, we'll say this guy or that guy should have been the #1 pick... Well, is Joker the lowest "Should have been #1" pick ever at 45? Well, I guess we could argue him or Embiid.

Can't fault the Lakers, everyone missed, including the Nuggets, they took Nurkic at 16 first, then they took Jokic later in the 2nd rd. Nurkic is not a bad player. That was a homerun draft for them.

I was just trolling Jim and Mitch fans. Jokic would be out if the league had he come to the Lakers. Madsen would had bodied him in the workouts. Byron would have called him soft. He would have two broken ankles, but been day to day with Vitti and Nunez. Magic would had traded him for a mop and laughed at him with Stephen A Smith. John Black would had leaked something to Woj. Good times.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I was just thinking about this last night. You know how when we look back at drafts, we'll say this guy or that guy should have been the #1 pick... Well, is Joker the lowest "Should have been #1" pick ever at 45? Well, I guess we could argue him or Embiid.

I was just trolling Jim and Mitch fans. Jokic would be out if the league had he come to the Lakers. Madsen would had bodied him in the workouts. Byron would have called him soft. He would have two broken ankles, but been day to day with Vitti and Nunez. Magic would had traded him for a mop and laughed at him with Stephen A Smith. John Black would had leaked something to Woj. Good times.

Lonzo, Randle, wow, Lakers f**d up with their draft picks. Then again, what about these zingers: Ginobili (57th overall), Rodman (27th overall), Tony Parker (28th)...
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

Pretty crazy that Jokic was drafted at 41, didn’t look like a guy who had a bad attitude, maybe it was weight issue related.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Lonzo, Randle, wow, Lakers f**d up with their draft picks. Then again, what about these zingers: Ginobili (57th overall), Rodman (27th overall), Tony Parker (28th)...

I don't think any team should he expected to get the best player in the draft every year. Heh. It's not like they missed on Jordan. I can live with missing on a all star. But it would be brutal to have passed on the elites.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Lonzo, Randle, wow, Lakers f**d up with their draft picks.

High picks in almost annually weak drafts. Unfortunately we needed a PG when we did and Lonzo was there. What's worse than that is doing what NY did by signing Randle to a ridiculous salary.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

High picks in almost annually weak drafts. Unfortunately we needed a PG when we did and Lonzo was there. What's worse than that is doing what NY did by signing Randle to a ridiculous salary.

That's because Magic took Byron's word about Russell and was determined to trade him. I'm sure they were also enticed by Lonzo, and having secured the 2nd pick, they confidently traded Russell. So the NEED was purposely created. So it wasn't as if they wanted Tatum, but needed a PG. They never looked at Tatum. Plus, haven't we learned by now the best thing to always do is draft BPA?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

That's because Magic took Byron's word about Russell and was determined to trade him. I'm sure they were also enticed by Lonzo, and having secured the 2nd pick, they confidently traded Russell. So the NEED was purposely created. So it wasn't as if they wanted Tatum, but needed a PG. They never looked at Tatum. Plus, haven't we learned by now the best thing to always do is draft BPA?

the show time era OG had cost us Portzingas as well. remember they instructed Madsen to bully Pork during pre-draft workout to see how "tough" this Euro was. well i guess they were half right, Pork is now injury prone LOL
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
SAS is predicting that the Nuggets will win game three. We got this in the bank now. I'd wish for Barkley to predict the same thing, but that would be gluttony.

Think everyone is predicting Nuggets...

Lakers better not let go of the gas. I actually can see Nuggets trying to blitz the Lakers from the start to try and get a big lead before halftime... they have to be tired of always playing catch up...
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

the show time era OG had cost us Portzingas as well. remember they instructed Madsen to bully Pork during pre-draft workout to see how "tough" this Euro was. well i guess they were half right, Pork is now injury prone LOL

Yes, they had a legitimate concern there - but I'm not convinced that they put the right emphasis on the injury concern in light of the modern game.
oahu96819
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

romanaztec wrote:
Play Joker straight up. Don't double him, double murray.

IMO JaVale McGee can challenge his shots, not get pushed around too much - Jokers a load - allowing some weak side help when he goes up. I like McGee's game, he runs the floor well, blocks shots, rebounds. I agree, once Murray gets going, that team can run.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Jokic was a 2nd round pick. Foh, every team missed on him in the first round. He would have had zero rope with Byron at the helm. This hindsight silliness needs to stop, ESPECIALLY when we're talking about picks where virtually every team is basically throwing a prayer up hoping even a rotation player is drafted. Stop it already.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Really don't like when smalls switch on to Joker. He'll just back them in and force the double team.
Rather another big slide over if Murray passes to Joker right after the screen and our C can't recover.

I know Vogel hates defending pick and roles with 3 defenders. But it is what it is.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
SAS is predicting that the Nuggets will win game three. We got this in the bank now. I'd wish for Barkley to predict the same thing, but that would be gluttony.

Lakers better not let go of the gas. I actually can see Nuggets trying to blitz the Lakers from the start to try and get a big lead before halftime... they have to be tired of always playing catch up...

Do they think this game is actually in Denver? The nuggets couldn’t win game 2 even with the Lakers shooting terribly and literally handing the ball to them.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Do they think this game is actually in Denver? The nuggets couldn’t win game 2 even with the Lakers shooting terribly and literally handing the ball to them.

Critics gonna critique
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Through 2 games, the Lakers have been whistled for 58 fouls, to Denver’s 48. Nuggets have attempted 61 FT’s, and LAL 56.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Malone: "Our group still believes. We were right there. We should have won that game in our opinion. Anthony Davis made a great shot give him credit, but we have confidence we can beat this team."

Malone with a D’Antoni like quote.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject:

You trail for most of 2 games and have the nerve to say you should have won.

Delusional

If anything we tried to give the game away
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
You trail for most of 2 games and have the nerve to say you should have won.

Delusional

If anything we tried to give the game away

Much like with HOU, have to shut these guys up on the court. They won't stop chirping before then.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Malone: "Our group still believes. We were right there. We should have won that game in our opinion. Anthony Davis made a great shot give him credit, but we have confidence we can beat this team."

Malone with a D’Antoni like quote.

except i take Malone's words more seriously than MDA's
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject:

More running... Nuggets game 3 adjustment
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Ok Nostradamus, what happens next?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Ok Nostradamus, what happens next?

If Lakers stop settling on long jumpers and start attacking the paint like Denver’s been doing, Lakers should win.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject:

LeBron has to be injured. He has been terrible since halftime of Game 2
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 19 of 27
Jump to: