WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS 2020 DISCUSSION - Lakers vs Nuggets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Another series I wish we had Avery Bradley for. I think Jamal Murray will light up KCP for 35+ a couple times.

I've underestimated Denver every series up to this point. I think we should sweep them. But realistically speaking. I guess we win in 6.

Last edited by kikanga on Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Interesting in 2006 we blew a 3-1 lead to the Suns when we could have had a chance to face the Clippers in the 2nd round and now it’s the Clippers who blow a 3-1 series lead and a chance to face us.

Honestly I usually think luck balances out but we were very unlucky in that series because we had outplayed the Suns in Game 6 and left them almost devoid of hope. Just that stupid ass bounce and failure to secure the rebound by Odom and subsequent shot by Thomas immediately jolted them.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject:

I think we can all agree. That 2009 matchup was a far scarier proposition than this one. When we barely scraped by a Yao Ming-less Rockets in 7 by slacking off in road games 4 and 6 whereas the Nuggets with Billups were demolishing their playoff opponents - New Orleans (one game was by a record margin) and Dallas. I remember thinking Kobe cant lose to the inferior Billups twice in a playoff series while being very worried it very well could happen because Chauncey was the piece that had brought the Nuggets playing as they were the best team in the league at the perfect time.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject:

LoL Clippers. They really need to move out of LA/California. They’ll never win anything without a city/state behind them.

Denver is playing out of their minds right now, but I don’t see them winning a game against us. We’ll just trap Murray and rotate Dwight, Davis, and Javale straight up on Jokic - game over. Once we take out Murray, they just don’t have enough left to beat us, even with Jokic. To me Denver is the worst team left in the playoffs (and we’re the best).

Not sure if I want Boston or Miami, but I believe we’ll beat either one. Boston might be the easier path for us and they don’t know LeBron as well.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Interesting in 2006 we blew a 3-1 lead to the Suns when we could have had a chance to face the Clippers in the 2nd round and now it’s the Clippers who blow a 3-1 series lead and a chance to face us.

Honestly I usually think luck balances out but we were very unlucky in that series because we had outplayed the Suns in Game 6 and left them almost devoid of hope. Just that stupid ass bounce and failure to secure the rebound by Odom and subsequent shot by Thomas immediately jolted them.

Hopefully we get to see the battle of LA next year in the playoffs.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Jamal Murray, you proved me wrong.
You did play well against a better defense (clippers compared to the jazz).
But let me introduce you to Mr. Alex Caruso.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

I don’t think many considered Murray a superstar but after 2 fantastic showings in the 1st and 2nd round he is a superstar now.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
I think we can all agree. That 2009 matchup was a far scarier proposition than this one. When we barely scraped by a Yao Ming-less Rockets in 7 by slacking off in road games 4 and 6 whereas the Nuggets with Billups were demolishing their playoff opponents - New Orleans (one game was by a record margin) and Dallas. I remember thinking Kobe cant lose to the inferior Billups twice in a playoff series while being very worried it very well could happen because Chauncey was the piece that had brought the Nuggets playing as they were the best team in the league at the perfect time.

I really dont like JaVale in this series either. I actually dislike JaVale more in this series than I would have against the Clippers. I think small ball lineup and Dwight would be perfect for this matchup.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers had better not take this team lightly. Jovic will give AD problems, and Murray enjoys playing hard against the Lakers. Lakers need to be focused and take care of business. I actually think Clippers would have been an easier team to beat for the Lakers than the Nuggets. But, we'll see.

I'm going with Lakers in 6 (with the Nuggets winning game 1).
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Don't forget the Kwame Brown fly-by
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Dwight Howard as long as he watches his fouls is invaluable in this series and is the perfect guy to put on Jokic with Dwight's strength and defensive intelligence. Then switch with Anthony Davis. JaVale should only play when someone is in foul trouble.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Nuggets obviously have great team chemistry and the Clippers did not. That is a hugely underrated part of winning in the playoffs. A team that plays this well together will be tough to beat.

Last edited by ducasse on Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:

I don’t think many considered Murray a superstar but after 2 fantastic showings in the 1st and 2nd round he is a superstar now.

Not to me.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject:

We have 1 on 1 defenders for Jokic. DO NOT double him. If we've learned anything from this series, don't double him and let him pick you apart.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
We have 1 on 1 defenders for Jokic. DO NOT double him. If we've learned anything from this series, don't double him and let him pick you apart.

JaVale I think will struggle against Jokic or at best do about as well as Zubac did which wasnt great but not as horrible as Harrell. Dwight would guard him best. AD in the smallball lineup will just attack him on the other end and hopefully he carries over the confidence he had against Jokic in the regular season
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Just double Murray and it’s over. They can’t win without him scoring big. Let Jokic get his points with single coverage most of the time.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Worried Frank will make Game 1 another feel out learning experience as well as the guys taking Denver as a weaker opponent thus less focus and effort.

Last edited by MookieBetts50 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:
Just double Murray and it’s over. They can’t win without him scoring big. Let Jokic get his points with single coverage most of the time.

Simple to the point and correct. Michael Porter Jr really needs to develop for them to really pose any challenge to us even in the future
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject:

How crazy is it to think that Jazz were a Conley in and out 3 away from beating the Nuggets at the buzzer?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Startrout wrote:

Simple to the point and correct. Michael Porter Jr really needs to develop for them to really pose any challenge to us even in the future

Not sure I agree. If he can get the ball to Jokic. It's 4 on 3 for Denver in the halfcourt with the ball in Jokic's hands. And that favors them.

I think we should hard hedge. McGee has the foot speed to show and recover. Worst case scenario AD comes over on Joker and McGee scrambles and recovers to Millsap.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:41 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Startrout wrote:

Not sure I agree. If he can get the ball to Jokic. It's 4 on 3 for Denver in the halfcourt with the ball in Jokic's hands. And that favors them.

I think we should hard hedge. McGee has the foot speed to show and recover. Worst case scenario AD comes over on Joker and McGee scrambles and recovers to Millsap.

I would love to see them try to beat us with their role players as we wipe out Murray and neutralize Jokic with 2 of the guys I think actually matchup with Jokic the best in the league: Dwight and AD all the while our defenders are flying around with speed. In all seriousness, playing Dame and Harden was the best practice we could get for guarding Murray
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:05 pm    Post subject:

The last time we played Denver in the WCF we went on to win the championship...in Orlando.

If we beat the Celtics this is the perfect tribute to Kobe.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject:

This isn’t gonna be an easy series but as another poster pointed out in a differnt thread, it might be best for us to not double Jokic and make him be a scorer. It will eliminate a lot of the open 3’s they’ve been getting.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jamal Murray has shot 3/14 against Anthony Davis this season, per the NBA stats site

https://twitter.com/tim_nba/status/1306090968077271041?s=21
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
They are more resilient than some on this forum may want to give them credit. Good depth, veteran experience, solid coaching, a genuine superstar in Jokic, and Murray, who may or may not be an elite second option but is certainly playing like a 1B right now. They can go on some crazy runs.

Really thankful we don't actually have to go to Denver at all. Might be all the homecourt advantage we need.

If we play elite defense from the get-go, Lakers in 5. If we drop game 1, Lakers in 6.

The players and coaching staff earned some goodwill over the past 10 games. At this point, I fully trust them to come up with the right gameplan to slow any team down. Assuming that happens from the jump, 5-game series indeed.

The Nuggets have leveled up, and I love the heart and toughness they've shown in the playoffs, but IMO we match up better with them than maybe every team that was in the Western playoffs other than Utah. That's what I thought going into the postseason, and it still holds true, hot as they are. Also, as many good moments as they've had, they've also laid some complete eggs when they were getting blown out regularly by the Jazz to start that series and several times during the Clipper series. I trust that the Lakers are way more mentally tough than either of those two teams were in choking away in-game and series leads, but let's see what happens.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 3 of 27
Jump to: