WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS 2020 DISCUSSION - Lakers vs Nuggets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
32 wrote:
If this series goes 6 games (hope not) I wonder if the league will give them at least Sunday and Monday off. Supposedly the league gave the ECF 3 days off because they didn't want to compete with MNF.

NBA finals are roughly set for Wednesday. The ONLY way it doesn't happen is if either series goes 7. It is extremely important to finish the series off on Saturday, to allow for the most amount of rest.

Otherwise, whether it's 6 OR 7 games...You're talking about just getting the next day off, before the finals start.

Thanks. I didn't know it was set for Wednesday if no game 7's.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
You only improve by fixing what is wrong. Doing more of what is right doesn’t lead to improvement.

I'm a Quality Manager and this is dead on right...!

ISO
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject:

MPJ is hilarious.
His stats this playoffs
18 games played
434 minutes played
157 field goals attempted
90 field goals attempted against Tight or Very Tight defense
16 assists
25 turnovers

The man is a black hole. Hasn't found a shot he doesn't like. Last night he got an open layup because someone stunted the drive and recovered for a kickout. As if MPJ would ever pass.
I hope the secret is out on him. The guy practically never passes. He's out there to get his.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Nuggets point differential after 4 games:
vs. UTA: -48
vs. LAC: -31
vs. LAL: -12

https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/1309482473257082882?s=21

Defense and ability to close games is the difference.

Lakers have trouble blowing teams out because of lack of shooting.

We also have trouble because Vogel makes bad rotation decisions that let other teams back in.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Michael Malone, on if this 3-1 deficit feels any different: “No, not at all. We’ve been here twice, and we’ve answered the call. To be honest, in the second round against the Clippers, they were the odds-on favorite to win the whole thing ahead of the Lakers.”

https://twitter.com/msinger/status/1309539739838615552?s=21

Malone still talking.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Michael Malone, on if this 3-1 deficit feels any different: “No, not at all. We’ve been here twice, and we’ve answered the call. To be honest, in the second round against the Clippers, they were the odds-on favorite to win the whole thing ahead of the Lakers.”

Malone still talking.

Let me guess, this is viewed as a positive thing but Dwight talking ish is negative
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Malone still talking.

Bet Malone wishes he were still facing the Lie and Pandemic P
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

Interesting...Jerami Grant has a 10 milly player option for next year. He is almost certain to decline it for more money.

Hopefully, some garbage heap team breaks the bank for him, n takes him away from the Nuggets.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Malone still talking.

Let me guess, this is viewed as a positive thing but Dwight talking ish is negative

Malone was being interviewed as part of his job. Dwight was, well, being Dwight.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
We are in the Western Conference Finals with a 3-1 lead and people are only focusing on what they feel is wrong. What do we have to do... go undefeated and win every game by 30?

What's wrong with you people?

Folks like you complainers deserve the teams that could barely win 30 games

You only improve by fixing what is wrong. Doing more of what is right doesn’t lead to improvement.

Do you really believe that negative comments on LG lead the Lakers to improve?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
We are in the Western Conference Finals with a 3-1 lead and people are only focusing on what they feel is wrong. What do we have to do... go undefeated and win every game by 30?

As I posted, the Lakers or any other team or player improves by fixing the negatives. You have to admit shortcomings before you can fix them. What is posted here does nothing for anybody, it’s just conversation.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/msinger/status/1309546588168171521?s=21
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:

As I posted, the Lakers or any other team or player improves by fixing the negatives. You have to admit shortcomings before you can fix them. What is posted here does nothing for anybody, it’s just conversation.

Yes, I agree; the response was inadequate. These posts are "just conversation" and thus do not help the Lakers fix "what is wrong." Thus, hoping to help the Lakers' "improvement" is not a good reason to be a "complainer."

If people want to complain, they should just admit that they want to complain and not try to explain it away by saying it will help the team.

Last edited by Annihilator on Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:59 am; edited 2 times in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

Brandon Marshall on FS said it was a travesty for lebron to get 14 free throws in a game after he got 10 in the first 3 games combined....... WTH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Through 4 games, both the Lakers and Nuggets have attempted 113 free throws. The Lakers have been whistled for 109 fouls, and the Nuggets 97.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/1309575196194476032
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Rewatching the game. When Davis went down and started to tie his shoe, you can see Troy Daniels concerned about him while the rest of the Nuggets were going to their bench. Dude still wishes he was with us.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Brandon Marshall on FS said it was a travesty for lebron to get 14 free throws in a game after he got 10 in the first 3 games combined....... WTH

Listening to a Hot Take show with a former Denver Broncos player giving his (bleep) opinion is on you.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Malone still talking.

Malone was being interviewed as part of his job. Dwight was, well, being Dwight.

VLF! Ok, I’ll engage cause I don’t see it the same way. Talking ish been an acceptable part of playing American bball, not sure if it’s been an acceptable part of post game interviews
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:11 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Malone still talking.

VLF! Ok, I’ll engage cause I don’t see it the same way. Talking ish been an acceptable part of playing American bball, not sure if it’s been an acceptable part of post game interviews

Any team with Jamal Murray can’t complain about unsportsmanlike behavior. The End.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject:

I hope this ends in 5. Not only for the Lakers sake, but so I don't have to listen to Chris Webber, Reggie Miller and the other douche again this season.

Where is Kevin Harlan when you need him?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
I hope this ends in 5. Not only for the Lakers sake, but so I don't have to listen to Chris Webber, Reggie Miller and the other douche again this season.

Couldn't agree more. They're brutally awful, how were they chosen to be one of the final 2 broadcasting crews?

What was even more telling is I have watched a few games now with family that don't normally watch much Basketball and they have even mentioned how bad the commentators were
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Malone still talking.

Yeah, he really shouldn't have said that.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
eureca wrote:

Couldn't agree more. They're brutally awful, how were they chosen to be one of the final 2 broadcasting crews?

What was even more telling is I have watched a few games now with family that don't normally watch much Basketball and they have even mentioned how bad the commentators were

They're the worst.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Malone still talking.

100%. Not a smart move.

Malone has surprised me with his talk this series. Might just be that the nuggets have nothing to lose anyway so why not be ultra confident, borderline cocky.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Malone still talking.

100%. Not a smart move.

Malone has surprised me with his talk this series. Might just be that the nuggets have nothing to lose anyway so why not be ultra confident, borderline cocky.

I can picture him and Murray slamming beers late at night together with dart boards up of Lebron and Dwight talking all kinds of trash and giving each other high fives. Sometimes those bro moments leak into the press conferences. It happens.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27
Jump to: