WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS 2020 DISCUSSION - Lakers vs Nuggets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I know everyone thinks this will be all Lakers, but beware of a team that has come back from 3-1 in both rounds.

Congrats to the Nuggets though, they knocked off the media darling. Time to spend more $$ Ballmer.

I'd say for the team, this is definitely a series to be cautious in, because the opponent certainly earned and deserves their respect. Like you said, don't overlook a team that has shown it can come back from big deficits. At the same time, as long as we don't drop our guard, I have a hard time envisioning us losing this series, just going by matchups, relative strengths and weaknesses, and how we handled them in the regular season.

Let's just say that there are teams loaded with two-way perimeter firepower that are built to give us fits, one of whom is still playing in the East and one that went home today. The Nuggets don't fit that bill.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Nuggets obviously have great team chemistry and the Clippers did not. That is a hugely underrated part of winning in the playoffs. A team that plays this well together will be tough to beat.

Exactly. Denver had incredible team chemistry and they actually do like playing with each other. Not sure what to think of MPJ's interview about the coaching but doubt that was done out of disrespect
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:39 pm    Post subject:

My impression of Murray when he was clowning Lonzo Ball was that he's just a punk who's picking on someone he knows he's better than, or feels he's better than. These types of bullies come up small when it matters most. That is not the case at all. He can be a punk, but he can back it up as well. New respect for Murray man.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
My impression of Murray when he was clowning Lonzo Ball was that he's just a punk who's picking on someone he knows he's better than, or feels he's better than. These types of bullies come up small when it matters most. That is not the case at all. He can be a punk, but he can back it up as well. New respect for Murray man.

Yeah, I didn't really like him before, but he really seems to have matured both in personality and his play. He might be worth that contract after all.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Dwight-16/AD-28/Morris-4
AD-12/Morris-20/Kuz-16
LeBron-40/Kuz-8
DG-28/Caruso-20
KCP-28/Rondo-16/Caruso-4

1. LeBron-40
2. AD-40
3. DG-28
4. KCP-28
5. Kuz-24
6. Caruso-24
7. Morris-24
8. Dwight-24
9. Rondo-16
Depth-McGee/THT/Waiters
Would like to see our rotation something like this. No McGee.Start Dwight who played really well vs the Nuggets this year. Dwight/AD will allow us not to have to double on Jokic.

KCP/DG/Caruso has been battle tested facing Dame/CJ/Harden/Westbrook. I'm sure the will be ready for Murray.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:06 am    Post subject:

Whatever happens in this series, I can guarantee that the Lakers will not overlook them. LeBron has been on a mission from well before this season started. He realizes that most of his career is behind him and that he doesn't have 5 or 6 realistic cracks at a title left. He isn't taking anything for granted. AD doesn't want to be a guy who never wins a title. They are both highly motivated. This team is motivated as a whole. Vogel was dragged by the media as a second-rate coach and we were clowned for not being able to sign Lue. He is motivated.

If they beat us, it will be a tip of the cap to them. We will not take them lightly.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:14 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Whatever happens in this series, I can guarantee that the Lakers will not overlook them. LeBron has been on a mission from well before this season started. He realizes that most of his career is behind him and that he doesn't have 5 or 6 realistic cracks at a title left. He isn't taking anything for granted. AD doesn't want to be a guy who never wins a title. They are both highly motivated. This team is motivated as a whole. Vogel was dragged by the media as a second-rate coach and we were clowned for not being able to sign Lue. He is motivated.

If they beat us, it will be a tip of the cap to them. We will not take them lightly.

And they won't crack under pressure, either. Go cold offensively and miss shots from time to time? Sure. But they won't be a team that gets into their own head and combusts like the Rockets and Clippers did in multiple games, playing far below their capabilities. I've seen enough from them this season to feel confident saying that.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:32 am    Post subject:

Nuggets for real. They’ll be tougher for us than the Clippers would have been because they’re resilient and don’t give up and play as a team while the Clippers exposed themselves in both the first and second rounds. Anticipating a competitive six game series for the Lakers.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:33 am    Post subject:

They might win game one then Vogel would come back with his adjustment magic and shut them down the rest of the way. We have AD to handle Joker and KCP to take care of Murray.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:39 am    Post subject:

i dont buy that the nuggets will be tired, they get 3 days off
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:42 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Nuggets for real. They’ll be tougher for us than the Clippers would have been because they’re resilient and don’t give up and play as a team while the Clippers exposed themselves in both the first and second rounds. Anticipating a competitive six game series for the Lakers.

Nuggets are in noway a worse matchup for us. Outside of the Jazz, they're the team I wanted to matchup with more then any other Western Conference Playoff team.

The Nuggets won and showed heart but at no point in these Playoffs have they looked scary or dominant for an entire game. Papa AD about to put the Joker to bed real quickkkkk.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:50 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

Clippers were a bad matchup for us because their strength lies in their big wings.

Nuggets on the other hand, Jokic will be defended by AD for stretches, or even Lebron, and we have a bunch of guards to throw at Murray.

I'm a bit more comfortable facing the Nuggets than the Clippers
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:08 am    Post subject:

Going to be rude awakenings for Jokic going up against AD and our bigs. AD will dominate him both side of the floor. I’m feeling excited. Let’s go Lakers
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:50 am    Post subject:

Job's not finished. Lakers in 6
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:52 am    Post subject:

Picking Lakers in 6 as well
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:00 am    Post subject:

Double Murray, not Jokic.
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:01 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Another series I wish we had Avery Bradley for. I think Jamal Murray will light up KCP for 35+ a couple times.

I've underestimated Denver every series up to this point. I think we should sweep them. But realistically speaking. I guess we win in 6.

Lakers already dealt with explosive scorers with Harden, Lillard. They just need to bring that defensive intensity they closed out the Rockets with and don't blow leads.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:05 am    Post subject:

Less pudgy Jokic is a superstar and is not soft.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:24 am    Post subject:

Leif wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Another series I wish we had Avery Bradley for. I think Jamal Murray will light up KCP for 35+ a couple times.

I've underestimated Denver every series up to this point. I think we should sweep them. But realistically speaking. I guess we win in 6.

Lakers already dealt with explosive scorers with Harden, Lillard. They just need to bring that defensive intensity they closed out the Rockets with and don't blow leads.

Not just about the Nuggets explosive scorers. They are playing relaxed as a team. They are getting quality contributions from role players. Several players have hit big shots, not just Murray and Jokic.

Up to the Lakers to play with intensity for the full 48 mins. Nuggets are inconsistent and have been all season. Lakers defense needs to be locked in and keep them out of their comfort zone. When the Nuggets get in a flow they can be a dangerous team.

This Nuggets team is playoff tested, has good chemistry and feeling overlooked. The Lakers will need to beat them because they will not collapse.

Should be a great series. 8 wins to go.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:29 am    Post subject:

We are better than them, we just need to respect them unlike what the Clippers did. If we play like in the previous we should win in 5 or 6 at most.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:40 am    Post subject:

I honestly don’t know what Vogel’s going to do on defense against their 1-2 punch. The Serbian Tiger is a damn problem. He has the ability to make others around him better. It’s going to take the same very good team defense they’ve played in the first two rounds to beat this team. On the other end, they can’t stop the purple and gold.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
I honestly don’t know what Vogel’s going to do on defense against their 1-2 punch. The Serbian Tiger is a damn problem. He has the ability to make others around him better. It’s going to take the same very good team defense they’ve played in the first two rounds to beat this team. On the other end, they can’t stop the purple and gold.

Go watch tape on how Jokic does when Davis is guarding him. As far as Murray, he's playing over his head and we have multiple guys to chase him around and multiple big men to welcome him to the block party.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject:

The Nuggets also have to figure out how to deal with our 1-2 punch.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Dwight-16/AD-28/Morris-4
AD-12/Morris-20/Kuz-16
LeBron-40/Kuz-8
DG-28/Caruso-20
KCP-28/Rondo-16/Caruso-4

1. LeBron-40
2. AD-40
3. DG-28
4. KCP-28
5. Kuz-24
6. Caruso-24
7. Morris-24
8. Dwight-24
9. Rondo-16
Depth-McGee/THT/Waiters
Would like to see our rotation something like this. No McGee.Start Dwight who played really well vs the Nuggets this year. Dwight/AD will allow us not to have to double on Jokic.

KCP/DG/Caruso has been battle tested facing Dame/CJ/Harden/Westbrook. I'm sure the will be ready for Murray.

You'r 100% right...Jokic backs McGee right under the basket and scores on hi at will....Howard and AD defend him much better and both score on him.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
The Nuggets also have to figure out how to deal with our 1-2 punch.

This is an excellent point.

The Nuggets looked fabulous yesterday but it was against a team that was imploding. In the fourth quarter--when the Nuggets built up that big lead--they only scored 22 points; their offense didn't look nearly as nice as it had earlier. The Clippers, on the other hand, only scored 33 total points in the second half; they played nervous the whole time and couldn't take advantage of the Nuggets offensive woes. Some of the Clippers' shots were absolutely embarrassing. The Nuggets should not expect the Lakers to have the same type of meltdown. The pressure is going to be on the Nuggets to always be at the top of their game. The pressure takes a toll on teams that don't know how to deal with it. The Lakers know how to deal with pressure. In the fourth quarter, the Lakers do some of their best work. A 22-point fourth quarter against the Lakers will most likely lead to a Laker win.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 4 of 27
Jump to: