QFTOS - LA Our Way: Clippers Choke a 3-1 Lead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2114
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:02 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
someone posted this

Quote:
Clipper ships were extremely fast sailing ships developed primarily
by the United States between the 1830's and 1860's. Clippers' did not have
a final definition written in stone, but did share certain characteristics
such as a sharp hull (designed for speed, not for cargo capacity) and a
heavy and lofty square rig.

The origin of the clipper is debatable. Some believe that it was
descended from the French frigate of the late 1700's. Other's believe that
it originated from the early Baltimore clipper's. It is highly probable
that it was designed by many ship builders who combined their experience.

The first American clippers like the Rainbow and the Sea Witch, were
built in New York for tea trades to China. A few years later, the
California Gold Rush was the major concern of such ships. One of the
fastest clipper was the Flying Cloud, which, on her maiden voyage, was the
first ship to sail from New York, around the Cape Horn, and to San
Francisco in under 90 days. By this time period, Yankee ship builders were
building clipper ships for the British, who dominated the rote to
Australia. One of these such people was Donald McKay, who built the James
Baines. Unfortunately, the James Baines ended in a fire at Liverpool.
Later, McKay would build another ship, known as Lightening for James
Baines. The Lightening would race the Red Jacket, a vessel built by George
Thomas. These two ships raced, and the Red Jacket logged 2,020 nautical
miles in six days.

These ships were once great. Now we have larger, stronger, and faster
ships. Once great clippers are now nothing but museum exhibits. The old let
to the new. Even on the ocean, this law follows.


i don't know why but it's (bleep) killing me


The sad thing is at least the Clipper ships were "once" great. 50 years deep and they're still just another NBA team that won't win a Championship.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 837

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:00 am    Post subject:

'LA Our Way'

Can they please remove those (bleep) Billboards Now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 31000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:48 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
someone posted this

Quote:
Clipper ships were extremely fast sailing ships developed primarily
by the United States between the 1830's and 1860's. Clippers' did not have
a final definition written in stone, but did share certain characteristics
such as a sharp hull (designed for speed, not for cargo capacity) and a
heavy and lofty square rig.

The origin of the clipper is debatable. Some believe that it was
descended from the French frigate of the late 1700's. Other's believe that
it originated from the early Baltimore clipper's. It is highly probable
that it was designed by many ship builders who combined their experience.

The first American clippers like the Rainbow and the Sea Witch, were
built in New York for tea trades to China. A few years later, the
California Gold Rush was the major concern of such ships. One of the
fastest clipper was the Flying Cloud, which, on her maiden voyage, was the
first ship to sail from New York, around the Cape Horn, and to San
Francisco in under 90 days. By this time period, Yankee ship builders were
building clipper ships for the British, who dominated the rote to
Australia. One of these such people was Donald McKay, who built the James
Baines. Unfortunately, the James Baines ended in a fire at Liverpool.
Later, McKay would build another ship, known as Lightening for James
Baines. The Lightening would race the Red Jacket, a vessel built by George
Thomas. These two ships raced, and the Red Jacket logged 2,020 nautical
miles in six days.

These ships were once great. Now we have larger, stronger, and faster
ships. Once great clippers are now nothing but museum exhibits. The old let
to the new. Even on the ocean, this law follows.


i don't know why but it's (bleep) killing me



Not too sure about this account of the evolution of naval architecture. The Americans (Humphreys, et al) designed sleek frigates without quarterdecks or forecastles, improving speed and performance. The European powers copied those design features.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18065
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:38 am    Post subject:

BANNERS OVER BILLBOARDS

Trash ass franchise
_________________
#17 FOR KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2001
Posts: 3430

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:56 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
someone posted this

Quote:
Clipper ships were extremely fast sailing ships developed primarily
by the United States between the 1830's and 1860's. Clippers' did not have
a final definition written in stone, but did share certain characteristics
such as a sharp hull (designed for speed, not for cargo capacity) and a
heavy and lofty square rig.

The origin of the clipper is debatable. Some believe that it was
descended from the French frigate of the late 1700's. Other's believe that
it originated from the early Baltimore clipper's. It is highly probable
that it was designed by many ship builders who combined their experience.

The first American clippers like the Rainbow and the Sea Witch, were
built in New York for tea trades to China. A few years later, the
California Gold Rush was the major concern of such ships. One of the
fastest clipper was the Flying Cloud, which, on her maiden voyage, was the
first ship to sail from New York, around the Cape Horn, and to San
Francisco in under 90 days. By this time period, Yankee ship builders were
building clipper ships for the British, who dominated the rote to
Australia. One of these such people was Donald McKay, who built the James
Baines. Unfortunately, the James Baines ended in a fire at Liverpool.
Later, McKay would build another ship, known as Lightening for James
Baines. The Lightening would race the Red Jacket, a vessel built by George
Thomas. These two ships raced, and the Red Jacket logged 2,020 nautical
miles in six days.

These ships were once great. Now we have larger, stronger, and faster
ships. Once great clippers are now nothing but museum exhibits. The old let
to the new. Even on the ocean, this law follows.


i don't know why but it's (bleep) killing me

Right now, these comments about ships are the banner at https://www.reddit.com/r/LAClippers/ It appears that basketball at the moment is just too painful. In particular, in the "About the Community" description, it reads,
Quote:
r/LAClippers is a subreddit dedicated to the discussion of Clipper ships, a type of mid-19th-century merchant sailing vessel, designed for speed.


Last edited by Annihilator on Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 2761

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:31 am    Post subject:

Has Marcellus Wiley said anything
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 41018

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject:

Uncle Dennis prolly on suicide watch!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 2637

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

"When I die I want Doc Rivers to lower the casket, so he can let me down one last time." https://www.reddit.com/r/LAClippers/comments/ito0m6/depressioncollapse_room/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 23922

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject:

Doc owns 3 series in which his teams had reverse sweep from leading 3-1.

Not want to sound mean toward anyone, but, that is a definition of choking. And he is still overrated.

Can he do reverse sweep 4 time from losing 1-3 to redeem himself?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33909

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject:

Kawhi and PG13 combined for a grand total of 0 points in the 4th quarter....now thats just plain bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 30577
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:46 am    Post subject:

What’s funny is that the Clippers had all of those Lob City years as championship contenders while the Lakers languished in the lottery. And at the end of the day, the number of WCF appearances since the 2010-2011 season IS:

Lakers- 1
Clippers - 0
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
XTC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2002
Posts: 5802

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject:

RestEasyBlackMamba wrote:
Has Marcellus Wiley said anything


Probably crying in his beer, he’s inconsolable right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1310

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject:

Looks like Damian Lillard joining QFTOS inviting Pat Beverely to Cancun

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/09/clippers-lose-game-7-damian-lillard-takes-cancun-shot-at-them

Note: Pat Beverly apparently laughed at Lillard after he missed a FT that would have tied the game at the end of regulation in a bubble game. And Beverly disrespected him by telling him on twitter to get ready for Cancun implying their season would soon by over.

No one should disrespect Lillard! And he got the biggest laugh out of it.


Last edited by lar9149 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 108918

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject:

This one feels so good and right.

I feared that we might end up with a Clips/Boston final. Don't have to worry about that anymore.
_________________
4-1
4-1
4-1
4-1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Jul 2020
Posts: 275

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This one feels so good and right.

I feared that we might end up with a Clips/Boston final. Don't have to worry about that anymore.


HEAT/Lakers much easier to stomach for us. The league would prefer Lakers/Celts obviously especially after losing out on the Battle of LA, let's see if the refs help guide Boston in the next one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 12822

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

Boston is without a doubt the worst potential matchup remaining for the Lakers.

They actually have clippers type personnel, but actually play defense.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Jul 2020
Posts: 275

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

Pen Health Update:

Joe Kelly activated after completing his 5 game suspension

C. Ferguson needs an MRI on his elbow so adios 2020 for him and welcome back Scotty Alexander?

McGee and Bazooka are available to close today if necessary with Jansen's issues
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jan 2003
Posts: 3900
Location: The official trout slapper of LG.net

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
'LA Our Way'

Can they please remove those (bleep) Billboards Now


But why? It's still applicable. The Clippers did do it their way. They continue to accept early round exits from the playoffs.
_________________
Don't make me give you a trout slap!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 837

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Boston is without a doubt the worst potential matchup remaining for the Lakers.

They actually have clippers type personnel, but actually play defense.


I think Miami is the tougher matchup against the Lakers

they have many wing guys they can throw at Lebron Including Butler, Iguadala, Crowder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 12822

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Boston is without a doubt the worst potential matchup remaining for the Lakers.

They actually have clippers type personnel, but actually play defense.


I think Miami is the tougher matchup against the Lakers

they have many wing guys they can throw at Lebron Including Butler, Iguadala, Crowder


I think the Celtics wings give Lebron more problems than the Heat wings, but just my opinion.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1995Lakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Posts: 152

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Boston is without a doubt the worst potential matchup remaining for the Lakers.

They actually have clippers type personnel, but actually play defense.


I think Miami is the tougher matchup against the Lakers

they have many wing guys they can throw at Lebron Including Butler, Iguadala, Crowder


I think the Celtics wings give Lebron more problems than the Heat wings, but just my opinion.


I also agree with you that the Celtics will prove tougher. I personally think Miami is another Denver as in a team that we matchup well against but the one player to watch out for against Miami is Dragic: I am sure we all remember 2010 with him and the Machine as well as how he eviscerated the Spurs in the WCSF. He still has the ability to steal at least a game if our guards dont pay attention to him. As for Boston, they have the talent to make it very challenging. But watching Tatum as things get tight, he isnt there yet. Kemba needs to have the series of his life and make us worry about him like we did with Dame, Harden and Murray for them to really scare us and Kemba has not shown that yet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2797

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
BANNERS OVER BILLBOARDS

Trash ass franchise


Are they still covering our banners after all these years? I thought they did it only for a few seasons.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Nov 2019
Posts: 300

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Wow.

Quote:
Colb
@___Colb___
Someone said Steve Ballmer about to gentrify Paul George’s neighborhood and that’s how I know the slander has reached a level we’ve never seen before
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KobeGOATMambaRIP
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 16 Sep 2020
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject:

My apologies if it seems like I'm hijacking the thread. I dont have the privilege to make a new thread but it seems like the Nuggets fans are way overconfident now.

I was in a similar forum and saw this. None of their fans seem worried in the least bit.

Quote:
I am going to say it now, I think we win this in 5 games unless we decide to just give them game 1 like we did with the Clippers, than it is going to be 6 games.


Quote:
They proved they can beat the Clippers, they are capable of beating the Lakers or any team in the NBA. The Nuggets have a chance and as they improve with experience, they are going to go far, if not this season then from here out.


Quote:
Nuggets will defeat the Lakers in 6 games. They're the better and more talented team!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 37370
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Looks like Damian Lillard joining QFTOS inviting Pat Beverely to Cancun

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/09/clippers-lose-game-7-damian-lillard-takes-cancun-shot-at-them

Note: Pat Beverly apparently laughed at Lillard after he missed a FT that would have tied the game at the end of regulation in a bubble game. And Beverly disrespected him by telling him on twitter to get ready for Cancun implying their season would soon by over.

No one should disrespect Lillard! And he got the biggest laugh out of it.


That muppet Pat Bev should have his own hashtag with that big mouth of his yapping all season to everyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB