***QFTOS: CLIPPERS vs. NUGGETS - Round 2, Game 7 [09/15/2020]***
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject: ***QFTOS: CLIPPERS vs. NUGGETS - Round 2, Game 7 [09/15/2020]***

PRE-GAME:

Quote:
No excuses. Now or never. Win or go home. No more second guessing. This is it. Put everything on the line for a date with the Lakers. Play for the full 48 minutes and we win.
GO CLIPPERS!!!

Quote:
Ezpz. Gonna be a repeat of Game 1.

Quote:
DUE OR DIE

Quote:
C'mon guys win this. I don't want to see LeBron in Finals.

Quote:
I got Covid symptoms bad but a negative test (getting another test tomorrow since the symptoms are so bad).

So, I’m cancelling my entire schedule and staying in bed until I recover.

Don’t call me a doctor but I’m sure a win here will eliminate some of my symptoms

Quote:
We need a performance from Kawhi tonight like LeBron in Game 6 against the Celtics in 2012. This is why we traded all those picks, we need MVP Kawhi to win this in spite of Doc.

Quote:
I’m calling it. George has a bad shooting game, Denver takes the lead going to 4th but starts playing not to lose. Lou Will gets hot, Clips tighten the defense, Kawhi with dagger pull ups, Clips win.

Quote:
It’s very possible Jokic finally gets cold from shooting from the perimeter...Grant is due tho, but so is Lou... Law if averages in play

Quote:
It feels like we’re on fan death row- dead fans walking. Hopefully I’m wrong

Quote:
We can't expect Denver to play as poorly in the first half as they have the last two games. One HUGE thing we need tonight is for Bev to stay out of **** foul trouble.

Quote:
i fully expect doc and montrezz to ruin any semblance of lead we have in the 3rd quarter.

the hope is that we build something like a 45 point one so it doesn't even matter.

FIRST HALF:

Quote:
Here comes Trez. No adjustments once again for the third straight game. Can't wait to see how the homers defend this.

Quote:
awful call

Quote:
That was BS

Quote:
seems like doc's plan is to keep playing harrell (puke) but deal with it by making kawhi/pg the switch guy

Quote:
as i say that montrez gets the ball in the paint, bobbles it, and turns it over

fantastic

Quote:
Shamet makes it while hobbled after missing almost everything, good man

Quote:
Shamet getting injured just now is why you close the series out in Game 5 and avoid playing any more games than you have to. Hell, that entire first quarter the team took off in Game 2 is looming large now.

Quote:
Playoff P is taking the night off

Quote:
What scares me isn't even the score, it's the fact that zero adjustments were made. You'd think Doc would be coaching for his job right now, but instead it's like he knows his job is secure no matter what, so he doesn't have to change anything.

Quote:
At least the score is tied because Kawhi was 1 for 4 and PG was 1 for 7 for 5 points combined. The others HAVE to step up this game because they've done nothing the past couple of games

Quote:
No kawhi yet full Jokic show in display. Still we are even bc some role players decide to show up a little.

Quote:
Harrell and Lou turning up so far but a lot of game left and it’s all about the second half

Quote:
Glad to see the others finally acting like they know how to play basketball

Quote:
Lou has been good tonight, hope he can keep it up.

Quote:
Low-key hoping we don't get TOO big of a lead.

Quote:
We're not going to let up in this one

Quote:
Oh no I think Doc might go heavy handed. We have to find a way to win

Quote:
The refs disgust me just letting Jokic take Zubac out the game like that.

Hold your whistle there.

Quote:
Michael Porter has a very smackable face. Guy just looks like a dbag

Quote:
Jokic is a great player, but it's just so hard to respect this blatant flopping.

Quote:
They said the refs are favoring the Clippers on the GB...lol

Quote:
Wow ok this game the refs are being extra

Quote:
really, really, really dumb foul by george

Quote:
Today's league is so disgustingly soft. I blame Harden for ruining the league with his flopping. Now we have a league full of Hardens.

Quote:
wow pat beverley watched each of his game 6 fouls FOUR times what a hero

how about you go watch every single foul of the playoffs about 10 times each

Quote:
Kawhi did not need to force that one though

Quote:
Murray is killing us. Fight on though

Quote:
This isn’t the best lineup we need more size and defense

Quote:
montrez missing key box outs over and over. what is this guy doing in the game

Quote:
This was a terrible lineup

Quote:
horrible and merciful end to the half. i mean there's no way we aren't in a decently sized hole if there is still 5 more minutes to play in the 2nd quarter.

awful lineup to end it. i'm so over this.

Quote:
The faults of single game +/-, Jamal Murray is -4, but you switch his minutes with any other guard on their team, and they are probably something like -16 in those same minutes

Quote:
I wonder if Murray can keep this up for an entire game, I don’t think so but obviously it could still happen

Quote:
A combination of Kawhi, PG and PB need to be on the court every minute of the 2nd half.

Quote:
Kawhi forced it and the lineup was doomed to fail. We needed to go deeper into the bench to balance offense and defense

SECOND HALF:

Quote:
Why do they keep attacking on Millsapp? He's their best defender with Grant. Lou-Kawhi-Morris All of you are that stupid?

Why ask for a screen from Jokic's man and make that jokic guy on foul trouble is beyond me. They are doing the same thing to us with Harrell.

Quote:
Doc is being an idiot again. Green lineup was working, he decides to go back to trezz.

Quote:
There’s no excuse to lose this game at this point btw.

What’s Larry The Cable Guy say?

Quote:
I've never seen a team in more desperate need of an actual coach than this one. Seriously, just imagine what they'd look like with Spo or Stevens. It's depressing.

Quote:
Jokic is the best player in the series. Not Kawhi.

Quote:
Oh nice, Reggie's in. Just what we need, someone who can't play defense.

Quote:
We are playing in an empty stadium, but ironically could you imagine the silence now if it was a full stadium in LA???

Quote:
The difference is the Nuggets aren't missing at all, and we're missing all those damn layups and inside shots

Quote:
The difference is the Nuggets have a coach and we don't.

Quote:
Are Morris 1 on 1s gonna put Denver away?

Quote:
I am starting to resign myself that it’s going to a close ending which basically means 50/50...

Quote:
Team looks defeated since giving up the big lead

Quote:
If that Murray 3 went in I would have given up

Quote:
Once again, another predictable outcome. Trezz wants to go one on one, and then gets stuffed.

Quote:
Trezz tried to go 1 on 1 with jokic again because doc put him him.

Quote:
Lol at theyre making em n we arent.

We still doing that it’s a make or miss league BS pur coach says?

Lol, they’re defending the **** out of us and we aint defending them.

Quote:
Maybe that will get them going, don't know what to say

Quote:
Role players kept us in the game, now Kawhi and PG gotta turn it up. They're not doing enough yet

Quote:
Last time I checked, Clippers 6/15 from 3PT, they are 2/8 3PT. Last time I checked, Denver was not shooting that well from 3PT, but they are now at 39.3%. Clippers have given up 29 3PA, they are unable to run guys off the 3PT line

Quote:
I wonder Denver ever feel the game 7 elimination pressure? If not and continue to make shots I don't see we are getting it. They play better basketball and it's their series to lose now.

Quote:
Kawhi doesn't have it tonight either

Quote:
green is the fearless soldier this team needs

Quote:
Why didn't Beverley go quick to get a 2 for 1 situation?

Quote:
Too many white jerseys in the paint getting balls. These guys need to have the quarter of their lives.

Quote:
Kawhi has been trash in this game so far. He's got a whole quarter to redeem himself tho

Quote:
damn we were outscored 28-18 in the 3rd.

Quote:
18 points, 2nd worst quarter of the series so far btw, only beaten by the 16 points in the 3rd quarter last game.

It's actually quite off, Doc used to coach the Lob City rosters to be really good in the 3rd quarter. When their top 4 man unit came in with whomever was with them, they were killer, but the 3rd quarter has been TERRIBLE this series. It's been the lowest scoring quarter in 5/7 games this series assuming they score more than 18 in this 4th quarter.

Quote:
Clips go from +7 to down 7. Trezz not on the floor. Zubac quickly minus-10. Trezz [minus-2] in.

Jokic has only taken two 3s, which he missed. He has 19 rebs and 11 assists and only 12 points.

Nugs by 8 after 3. The hate narrative is bullshtt. We are not losing it, they're winning it. Kawhi is 6-17, minus-9. We only scored 18 in the 4th quarter. [AGAIN.]

Hero time. We need a hero or we die.

Quote:
it's not exactly grim but it's gonna get there if kawhi doesn't start hitting his shots.

Quote:
every single shot matters.

every single TO matters.

you'd think this team gets it. i'm not quite sure it does.

Quote:
Doc is such a **** idiot he’s going to go down sucking off Trez. Malone probably told his guys to let Trez score

Quote:
This is absolutely pathetic, gutless basketball.

Quote:
STOP SHOOTING 3s. ATTACK!

Quote:
Just got home saw we were down 8, Green miss a dunk and the ball get thrown away. Not watching this. Did we blow another lead too!?

Quote:
Man Lou has missed 2 point blank layups. Murray triple. That's game.

Quote:
doc's thing is he wants a gunner on the court on defensive possessions so he can quickly get a shot up if they get the ball back.

which is completely idiotic.

Quote:
Well, I’ma do what I always do....

Watch and wallow in my own piss until the end.
I was a fan yesterday.
I’m a fan today.
I’ll be a fan tomorrow.

Quote:
We’re just cursed. At This point, this is just a joke. I wish the season was just scrapped.

Quote:
i cannot wait for doc and harrell to be gone.

Quote:
Pathetic

Quote:
i'm not sure it will be. but what i will say is i hope management looks at the second 3-1 series lead that's been blown when clips were heavy favorites, and say "yeah we deserve more than this."

Quote:
We have not lost yet. Plenty of time. We need to turn some of these defensive plays into points to get momentum.

Quote:
definitely still time. but if kawhi and pg aren't hitting shots right now, i'm not sure what hope we have.

Quote:
Kawhi and George are a combined 10/33....yea...

Quote:

Quote:
The most depressing part is that we as fans really don't deserve this. We deserve real success for once in our lives, not this pathetic embarrassment. I don't even care about the players' legacies, I care about the people who suffered through the Sterling era, the Lob City meltdowns, only to be "rewarded" with this. It's incredibly unfair.

you deserve nothing lol

you are not a fan

I would never turn my back on you in real life

Quote:
Looking toward the future to keep sanity. New coach new hope. Let Harrell walk or sign and trade, find a defensive backup PG playmaker, get a legit backup wing, develop Zubac as a starter for a entire season.

Quote:
4 points in the 4th, 4 points...wow

Quote:
Kawhi is going to get roasted tomorrow

Quote:
The way Pg&Kawhi played tonight, I just cant wait to mocks all year and I will be enjoy their misery.

Quote:
Wow just when I thought my disappointment in the 2014 A's could not be topped, the 2020 Clippers pull it off. My opinions, do not resign Trez and trade Lou. I'd say get rid of Doc too but are their even any good coaches on the market? Not sure I'd want D'Antoni.

Quote:
Even with a new coach (assuming Doc actually gets fired), I'm scared of what next season is going to look like. This team is going to be the absolute laughingstock of professional sports, which they deserve to be, but I'm worried that it's going to mess with their heads and drag down their level of play all season.

Quote:
If Doc has any self respect he steps down from his role to “spend time with his family”. What a disgraceful era

Quote:
it's over

Quote:
Mike D'Antoni would do a better job than this, and people like to hate on him

Quote:
Doc, Lou and Trezz gotta go, period

Quote:
Nuggets have drawn the Scorpion Fatality, the automatic win, by scoring 100 points. It's a blow out.

Clippers will now have two 3-1 collapses in their belt.

Doc Rivers officially has three 3-1 collapses.

The Clippers will never be trusted in the playoffs again.

And as for my lucky charm post, I feel embarrassed, foolish and ashamed.

POST GAME:

Quote:
Congrats to denver. They deserved this. if doc is back next year, someone arrest him and balmer and file criminal charges. Worst "good" coach in the nba. Look how the heat are playing.

Quote:
That was just putrid.

Doc needs to be fired on the tarmac.

Quote:
Mayne Doc needs to go, maybe not.

How exactly do you coach a game 7 win when your 2 superstars play like garbage?

It's hard to be a Clipper fan.

See you in October 202

Quote:
The only logical explanation I have is that Kawhi, who has played for Pop and Nurse, saw things that made him feel like we weren't winning in the next round. So, he goes through the motions. I never saw him take over tonight.

Quote:
What a waste of a season but it was clear early favoritism and leadership would possibly cost us

Quote:
Lowest scoring quarter of the series in the 4th (15, barely), third lowest scoring quarter of the series in the 3rd quarter (18). This team was an embarrassment, 33 points in the 2nd half. This was a worse collapse than the Lob City vs the Rockets. That team at least had their stars show up for game 7 and dropped 32 points in the 4th quarter as they went down. Pure embarrassment.

Quote:
With everything going on in the country right now there is a 0% chance Doc is let go. It's true.

I don't hate Doc. He seems like a genuinely great guy, but I think as a coach he's more like a Mark Jackson. He helped get GSW out of the gutter then Kerr elevated them to the next level.
Doc helped us get out of the gutter, but the entire lob city era underachieved and now this.

Feel bad for the guy bc I really like him as a human being, but even my cousin who's a die hard Celtics fan said he was happy to see Doc go when he left Boston.

Quote:
Going SEVEN (7) minutes without a field goal in the fourth quarter is poor coaching.

Once we realized the shots weren't falling, couldn't we have just attempted pick n rolls with Trez and Zubacca?
Worst case scenario, Joker gets into foul trouble earlier?
Maybe practice a bit more on cutting to the basket? Our players just stand there and watch our ISO plays.
Unless you're a freak like KD, curry or LeBron, generally speaking, ISO shots are bad looks.

Hot Take:
I believe if we had CP3 instead of PG we would have won this series.

Quote:
How can you say with a straight face that we're a title contender when we can't get past the second round and have by far the worst coach in the league? This is Lob City all over again right now. A few minor tweaks on the margins are not enough to fix this.

Quote:
‪Harrell has to go and Morris have to think on the fit. Next to Zubac we might need a tall lanky defender/shooter. Green can comeback but we need a real backup C. Kris Dunn or Lonzo back PG who can playmake and a wing 2way backup. We might have to pick between Lou Will or ‬Shamet

Quote:
Too furious to even comment on the game. The only hope is that West/Winger are upstairs now and will understand that significant changes need to be made.

We depend way too much on Beverly, an injury-prone, over-30 point guard, and Lou, an over-30 shooting guard who can’t defend. If we can’t find a decent starting point guard, I don’t think it’s crazy to explore starting Shamet there. I also think it’s Trez’s time to go. Marc Gasol was not good in the bubble but I wouldn’t mind him as a backup to Zubac.

Quote:
Kawhi: pay me a lot money, give away several 1st rounders to get Paul George and btw I need load management....
Raised by Pops for a few years
Taken care of by Nurse last year and now Mal- treated by Doc.

Sorry guys, not too exciting. Unsurprisingly, not many Clipper forums. And the subreddit went dark right after the game, so no luck mining there.

But don't worry - I'll be on the look out for VenturaLakerFan's posts and I'll toss them in here as soon as he puts them up!

Until then, UBUNTU!
SuperNutZ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject:

2 guys wrote all that?
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1306083713306984448
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:

And people on this board complain about the AD trade.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Clipper fans tears

"we" before "me"

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject:

YES THANK YOU
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject:

SuperNutZ wrote:
2 guys wrote all that?

RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone really know Clippers fans? Everyone I know that roots for them was by default. They were more Lakers hater than they were clippers fan.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject:

You guys better get on your knees and praise Cutheon. Thanks!
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject:

SuperNutZ wrote:
2 guys wrote all that?

One was VLF?
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject:

RestEasyBlackMamba wrote:
Does anyone really know Clippers fans? Everyone I know that roots for them was by default. They were more Lakers hater than they were clippers fan.

I used to work with one. He was an absolute ass clown. This was during our 2008-2009 run. He was always the biggest Kobe/Laker hating pile of trash. Typical insults, but had zero self awareness about the state of his franchise.

Thankfully he quit, much like his crappy team always seems to do so effortlessly.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject:

DELICIOUS!

Thanks, OP!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject:

SuperNutZ wrote:
2 guys wrote all that?

I’m dead...😂
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject:

1-2-3 Cancun.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers subreddit became invite only after the game, so I can’t see the posts.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Why do Clippers fans hate Montrezell Harrell so much when he was sixth man of the year?

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject:

"Even with a new coach (assuming Doc actually gets fired), I'm scared of what next season is going to look like. This team is going to be the absolute laughingstock of professional sports, which they deserve to be, but I'm worried that it's going to mess with their heads and drag down their level of play all season." He ain't wrong!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject:

That "best team in LA" discussion just got reallly quiet
Smoothness101
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject:

we'll trade you green for Harrell and whatever 1st rder you got left next decade.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject:

"It feels like we’re on fan death row- dead fans walking. Hopefully I’m wrong". Nope, Tonight y'all got the chair.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Why do Clippers fans hate Montrezell Harrell so much when he was sixth man of the year?

He’s a one trick pony on offense. The good teams figured him out and became a discount Julius Randle (who in turn is a dollar store Zion Williamson). Turns the ball over, blows 2 footers, and doesn’t play defense.

6th man of the year awards are becoming more and more useless when guys like Lou Will and Harrell are only winners based on PPG and not on overall impact to the team. Especially when defense is never accounted for.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:

The Thunder have eaten and then got to watch Westbrook and Paul George fall.

Though I wish the Thunder had beaten Houston, the year they had now, combined with all these picks...

Now with all the picks they got for Westbrook....
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

There was one and we all know who it was.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

There was one and we all know who it was.

Just popping in to say hi
Daikatana
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject:

LMAO... I saw this somewhere

Kawhi and PG-13 Honor Kobe by scoring a combined 24 points

HAHAHAHAHA

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: