Last years team vs this years team
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Last years team vs this years team

Last year at this point we were 28-28 this year we're 28-28 and please don't bring up the " we have a coach right now ". . . it doesn't matter if we do or if we don't coaching has nothing to do with it. it's the roster nothing has changed from last year to this year we're still poor on defense did anyone see how many lay-ups we gaved up against the Celtics? it won't be long until this team decides to pack it in and quit IMO the roster has caught up with this team.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject:

Looks practically the same to me. Thank God Chucky is gone.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject:

At this point Chucky will be useful
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject:

Kobe is playing much better this year than last if its any consolation.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
Kobe is playing much better this year than last if its any consolation.

It's not Kobe it's the roster thats what the thread is about and of course the same crappy record as last year boy that 10M contract Buss gaved to Phil sure did give us a impact NOT
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject:

at this point last year the injuries killed it. But for the most part it's the same team.
Warm Fuzzies
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject:

I think if we had Kobe this year with last years team we'd be doing better, but that's not the case. I think some losses this year were for us to learn, dont know if this team is old/mature enough to realize that sometimes that you can a lot more from a loss than you can a win. Besides Kobe I dont know if anyone else on the Lakers hates to lose. They seem to be ok with it, or not good enough to make a change.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject:

You can choose to see the Lakers in a negative light, but last year's schedule was very light in the first half of the season. The Lakers have played a tougher schedule this year. It's not as bad to close this season. The Lakers have new players who are growing into their roles and learning the triangle. This season will provide a foundation upon which to build. Ronny Turiaf and Andrew Bynum are barely getting started in the NBA. They hold promise for the future. Another scorer is developing in Brian Cook. The Lakers are investing minutes in developing young players. It does mean the Lakers will lose some games due to inexperience, but the playng time invested today will result in a payoff down the line.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject:

I feel so dissapointed man, i can't stand us being a mediocre team for god's sake Mitch do sum !!!!!!!!!
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject:

which is why I wanted to see what phil could do with that team...giving away caron and chucky for kwame was a big mistake...it's what I thought at the time, that we were going to regret it, but that's not the only thing. giving up kareem rush and jumaine jones for 2nd round draft picks was moronic as well. :roll:
dadamookie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
which is why I wanted to see what phil could do with that team...giving away caron and chucky for kwame was a big mistake...it's what I thought at the time, that we were going to regret it, but that's not the only thing. giving up kareem rush and jumaine jones for 2nd round draft picks was moronic as well. :roll:

The Lakers could have gotten by with Cook and Turiaf at the PF spot.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject:

dadamookie wrote:
karlmalonefan wrote:

The Lakers could have gotten by with Cook and Turiaf at the PF spot.
and LO, like we are now...we gave up too much talent for kwame.
LucasWhite
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject:

We have more CBA players than any team in the league, and Mitch says he "likes our young players". I hope he was talking about the 25+ bunch that includes Mihm and Odom because the bench is a total joke and they will always be a total joke.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject:

Devean and, Cook are on that bench... A couple of our most productive guys. The Lakers are in a lightweight funk. Don't give final judgement on them from this last two games...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject:

Last year's team had more offense but virtually NO defense at all.

This team has less offense, but believe it or not they actually have some defense.

Not enough, but it's still there. They take too many nights off, but when they actually want to play defense they have done well (Against Sacto)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject:

if not for injuries we end with probably same record. Our defense isnt THAT good, so we were better last year. That teams beats us. This year we at least have direction. Right? and are even further removed from Shaq and colorado debacle.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

This team has less offense, but believe it or not they actually have some defense.

Not enough, but it's still there. They take too many nights off, but when they actually want to play defense they have done well (Against Sacto)

Yep! This team can actually buckle down on defense like last night from the middle of the 3rd period on. Last year this game would have been a repeat of the Clippers game.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject:

If Lakers kept Butler instead of Odom, this years team would be better than last year's team
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Laker Lurker wrote:
If Lakers kept Butler instead of Odom, this years team would be better than last year's team
Really? who would do the rebounding? who would initiate the offense? LO leads the team in rebs and assists... :roll: actually if they had kept last years team intact and made minor tweaks, we would have a been better than last year's team.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Yawn... but yet our so called improved defense has us in the same funk hole like last year so my freaking point is what has changed? answer is nothing but crap.
Philostrator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject:

It just proves that Phil Jackson isn't the answer for this team.
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

All I know is last year we were able to beat the hawks and the celtics at home. So much about " the most of the games left are home games"
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Philostrator wrote:
It just proves that Phil Jackson isn't the answer for this team.

No it just means he sucks leading a non-championship team ladies & gentleman Phil Jackson is a overrated coach and it shows how much he brings to this team which is "NOTHING".
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject:

that's like comparing day old dogcrap to 2 day old dogcrap.
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:
Really? who would do the rebounding? who would initiate the offense? LO leads the team in rebs and assists... :roll: actually if they had kept last years team intact and made minor tweaks, we would have a been better than last year's team.

Year To Date Stats
---------------------min----- fg%-----reb---asts----to------stls--blks--ppg
Caron Butler------34.7-- 44.3%-----5.9----2.4--- 2.2---- 1.6---0.3--16.7
Lamar Odom------39.4---44.9%-----9.3----5.4---2.6-----0.9---0.9--14.0

Lakers differential is 1.3 pts. if Butlers 2.7 ppg over Odoms is added to 1.3, the laker differential would be 4.0. Only the Pistons, Mavericks, Suns, Spurs, and Heat have point differentials greater than 4.0- with the Heat having the lowest at 4.2. Lakers would be expected to be top 3 in the Western Conference with this differential behind only the Suns.

Check:
Applied specifically to the Lakers, would Butler's 2.7 points over Odoms ppg have affected the Lakers record? The Lakers lost 5 games by 3 points or less. If they had won these games, they record may have been 33W-23L or good enough for 5th place in the Western conference.

Butler on the Lakers would probably have produced better results than Odom on the Lakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: