A Night of Firsts for Ronny Turiaf
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: A Night of Firsts for Ronny Turiaf

Ronny had his first field goal made. Continuation made it his first three point play. He played 14 of his career 32 minutes for the first time in double digit minutes. He had a career high 5 rebounds. He had his first two blocked shots. He brought some defensive intensity. I hope it's the first of many games he comes off the bench to spark the Lakers. He's beginning to show what he did in the SPL. It was a very good night for Ronny.
kb8sunshine
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject:

i am so happy for him, and he played great.
hopefully Phil will take note of that!!!!!!!
LakeLakeLake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject:

He'll eat up Kwames minutes...
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject:

LakeLakeLake wrote:

Definately
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject:

I hope Kwame's paying attention while sitting on the bench to what Ronny's doing on the floor. The difference in their energy is like night and day. To me, Turiaf's play last night was the highlight of an otherwise dismal weekend of basketball.

I remain hopeful that with the development of players like Turiaf, Cook, Bynum, Sasha and Smush, the Lakers will have a pretty decent team in the future. As has been said many times, we are one or two impact players away from being an excellent team. Let's hope Mitch makes the moves in the off-season that he alluded to in his interview.
kobeodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject:

ro-t > mo-t.

well of course, i was just playing around with the names.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject:

Great job by Ronny last night...btw, didn't phil say he was going to play andrew more? since he said that, Drew has gotten virtually no playing time...
dadamookie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject:

Props to Ronny for showing the Lakers how the game should be played.

ElginBaylor wrote:
I remain hopeful that with the development of players like Turiaf, Cook, Bynum, Sasha and Smush, the Lakers will have a pretty decent team in the future.

Couldn't agree with you more. The Lakers have a crop of good young power forwards. Yea, none of them will ever turn out to be KG but Kwame has the size, Cook has the stroke, and Ronny has the mentality. If we could only stick Ronny's brain and Cook's shot into Kwame's body.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject:

Wasn't he refreshing??!!! I just wish he would have anticipated that Smush pass so he could have got a SSSssssssslllllllllaaaaaaammmmm!!

Maybe not though, Ronnie would have just been so overjoyed that he would have had to have been sedated!
I love that guy!

GGGGggggggooooooooooo Ronny!!!
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject:

LakeLakeLake wrote:

Kwame who?
Ozendorph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:

The shot blocks certainly were encouraging. I don't know why they reset the 24 for Boston after one of Ronny's blocks sent the ball out of bounds.
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject:

That guy is just what we needed. He brings so much energy to the team. You can see he is one of the few guys that shows he is blessed to play in the NBA.
lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:

Even D. Green did a good job on Wally last night but most of all Ronnie was very impressive. He need to minimize his cheering so he can save those energy.

Yes, we are definitely one player away.
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject:

I think the fact that he played D....and grabbed boards makes him that much more valuable. I can see him being a powerful rebounder for us, which would make us stronger because with Phil STILL playing Luke there are going to be many of those going around.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject:

Los Angeles Lakers
Turiaf Impresses His Teammates
It was what Ronny Turiaf had waited for, two blocked shots, three points and five rebounds in 14 minutes he will never forget. ... "Like I said when I first got here, I came here to play defense and to hustle," he said. "I just came back from heart surgery. It was a long way, it was a long road. I'm asking for nothing. I'm just trying to step into the lineup, the rotation, try to do something positive." ESPN
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:

Phil showed last night that he will play guys who are playing with intensity, and sit those that aren't. I hope some of the starters took notice. It seemed Smush did, his play in the 4th was probably the best quarter he has had in the past 3 months. I was beginning to push for Sasha starting over Smush.
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
Los Angeles Lakers
Turiaf Impresses His Teammates
It was what Ronny Turiaf had waited for, two blocked shots, three points and five rebounds in 14 minutes he will never forget. ... "Like I said when I first got here, I came here to play defense and to hustle," he said. "I just came back from heart surgery. It was a long way, it was a long road. I'm asking for nothing. I'm just trying to step into the lineup, the rotation, try to do something positive." ESPN

I LOVE this guy's attitude!!!
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject:

Ronny is the real deal. Last night was incredible!
Fansince88
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject:

Ronny was just awesome last night. He should be starting instead of Kwame. His D and his energy made the Lakers comeback possible. Is it really too much to ask of from Kwame and Chris to bring more energy like Ronny?
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject:

He might not have the physical attributes of Kwame but Turiaf does give effort. I agree it was refreshing to see his energy.
wthai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject:

after Turiaf gets his conditioning down, he should definately start over Small Hands Brown.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject:

Fansince88 wrote:
Ronny was just awesome last night. He should be starting instead of Kwame. His D and his energy made the Lakers comeback possible. Is it really too much to ask of from Kwame and Chris to bring more energy like Ronny?

Mihm is hurt, although he is working through it. If Kwame had any game, Chris would be getting better and not playing.

For those who are suprised to see Ronny Turiaf play like this - this is why so many of us have been on his jock even before he played an single NBA game. The guy is a stud and you are just seeing a fraction of what he can do. Wait until next year.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
melakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Ronny has the legs

Keep in mind people...

Ronny has not played but a total of 3 or 4 games...Kwame, Mihm, and others dont have the legs that he has at this time of the season. Of course he has alot of energy...But lets not think that he has that much more upside than anyone else on the team.

Now I do think that since he has some time to sit back and watch Kwame and Mihm for a while, I think he may decide to just be a guy who goes out the and pick all the scraps he can get. And we need that kind of guy on this team. He is gonna be good, but he will not be better than Kwame and Mihm.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Ronny has the legs

melakerfan wrote:
Keep in mind people...

Ronny has not played but a total of 3 or 4 games...Kwame, Mihm, and others dont have the legs that he has at this time of the season. Of course he has alot of energy...But lets not think that he has that much more upside than anyone else on the team.

Now I do think that since he has some time to sit back and watch Kwame and Mihm for a while, I think he may decide to just be a guy who goes out the and pick all the scraps he can get. And we need that kind of guy on this team. He is gonna be good, but he will not be better than Kwame and Mihm.

Actually it would be the opposite. Turiaf doesn't have his game legs yet. His lift still isn't there.
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

I think it is the only thing that i can thank Mitch for, is signing this guy. he has alot to show very soon. I still dont know why phil does not try to insert Bynum?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: