Anthony Davis is staying, y'all. (shhh, let me read into this too much)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ 21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject: Anthony Davis is staying, y'all. (shhh, let me read into this too much)

Anthony Davis: “You see the work and preparation LeBron puts in every day, and you understand why this is his 10th NBA Finals appearance. He never stops. I plan to follow this motherf---er to hopefully nine more Finals.”

“I don’t want to have long gaps in between Finals,” Davis told Yahoo Sports. “You look at [Rajon Rondo], he’s 10 years removed from his last Finals, and Dwight [Howard] is 11 years out. I don’t want that to happen to me. I want to be here. I came to Los Angeles to contend for championships and I’ve put in the work to do so.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/you-know-i-wanted-this-anthony-davis-ready-to-embrace-nba-finals-moment-155129984.html

AD stay.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject:

What if he goes to the Clippers?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
What if he goes to the Clippers?

For the MLE?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

AD hired Rich Paul specifically for this outcome. He sat half a season to make this happen. He was never leaving once he got here and damn sure wasn’t leaving after either a championship or Finals berth in Year 1.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject:

He's retiring as a Laker. No doubt about it.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

AD is literally the perfect #2. He's a #1 in talent but a #2 in temperament.

I still find myself in disbelief that we have Lebron who's leading us out of the dark ages and AD who's just entering his prime. No wonder other fan bases hate us.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

He and Giannis will compliment each other well!
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Only Kawhi is dumb enough to leave a team which just won a championship to go to the Clipper.

I hope AD will not make the same mistake.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
Only Kawhi is dumb enough to leave a team which just won a championship to go to the Clipper.

But even Kawhi has a working understanding of the salary cap.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
thurloly wrote:

This is driving me crazy bub. What are the numbers in your sig all about? I get Lost flashbacks every time I see them.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ocho wrote:
thurloly wrote:

This is driving me crazy bub. What are the numbers in your sig all about? I get Lost flashbacks every time I see them.

Lol those were the lotto numbers when we hit one of those drafts where we jumped to #2. Don’t even remember which one. Probably time for an update.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

I still find myself in disbelief that we have Lebron who's leading us out of the dark ages and AD who's just entering his prime. No wonder other fan bases hate us.

too bad our #1 is nearing retirement, need to find AD anther #1 or at least someone at same level as him soon.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

ima let you finish n all but i can't believe we have the greatest player of all time, Lebron James, on the lakers.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

too bad our #1 is nearing retirement, need to find AD anther #1 or at least someone at same level as him soon.

That's what I was wondering. Even though AD is happy to be Lebron's 1b, I'm not sure how the dynamics change with a new alpha to the team. Not to mention Lebron is much older than AD, which makes it easier to defer to him since there is the seniority aspect. If a younger superstar alpha joins the Lakers, I find it hard to imagine AD not having at least a bit of ego issues tbh
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Not that we needed to hear him say this to know that he's staying, but yeah. I distinctly remember people comparing the LeBron-AD pairing to Kobe-Dwight because their ages and contract situations mirrored each other. That's where the similarities come to a complete halt, which is why it was always a ridiculous comparison. Kobe and Dwight were never close and never wanted to be. Theirs was strictly a professional relationship. LeBron and AD have been close off the court from the beginning once their partnership began. It was and is very intentional. This team was always going to be good, the LeBron-AD duo was always going to be monstrous, AD was always going to re-sign this offseason, and the Lakers are going to win the championship this season.

And we're going to win another one next year.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Everybody knows he's staying. He loves being a Laker.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Even aside from the obvious difference in the relationship dynamic with the other star, Dwight didn’t know what the hell he wanted back then. When he finally stopped waffling and put out a list we weren’t his first choice. And the season we ended up having was a disaster. There’s very little similarity there.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

That's what I was wondering. Even though AD is happy to be Lebron's 1b, I'm not sure how the dynamics change with a new alpha to the team. Not to mention Lebron is much older than AD, which makes it easier to defer to him since there is the seniority aspect. If a younger superstar alpha joins the Lakers, I find it hard to imagine AD not having at least a bit of ego issues tbh

AD, with a Finals run (and hopefully a chip) under his belt, could easily move to an alpha1 as soon as next season.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

AD, with a Finals run (and hopefully a chip) under his belt, could easily move to an alpha1 as soon as next season.

Will be interesting to see for sure. If there's a mentality shift for AD, this year will likely be it
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject:

He’d have no reason to leave. They can pay him whatever he wants and he’s almost certain to be in the finals until the end of LeBrons contract.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

I don’t think I would go that far, I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended his career with the Bulls. Just as I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lebron retire at home with the Cavs.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject:

#StayAD
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject:

I don’t think he has any intention to leave since last year. The covid situation and our finals trip all but eliminated that 0.01% chance he leaves
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject:

There was a time when our offense was so out of sink without lebron, and rondo completely changed that
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
danzag wrote:

I don’t think I would go that far, I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended his career with the Bulls. Just as I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lebron retire at home with the Cavs.

AD I can't speak on because he's way too young to know what 10 years looks like. But LeBron, IMO, fully intends on retiring in LA. Best stage in the NBA, a championship level team in which he has full control of, a second superstar in AD, etc etc. Dude also just closed on a $37MM place in Beverly Hills that he's planning on renovating heavily. He's not going back to Dan Gilbert and Cleveland. He already went back, gave them a part 2 and a ring.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: