Let’s All Relax
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject:

Petty Valiant wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
strong9 wrote:
The number of chicken littles here. You all love Kobe and talk about Mamba mentality but you all fold like a cheap tent at the first sign of adversity. Thankfully we're just fans and it has no bearing on the game.

They act as if they've never seen this before. Back in 2000 the Pacers blew out the Lakers in game 5 to force a game 6. It's just that I think this is the first title run for many of the younger fans and they think a team is supposed to win 4-1 every series. Back in 2010 we were down 2-3 and won in 7 games. It's a series.

Exactly. Many young fans don’t know how tough that first Shaq/Kobe title run was. The majority of this current team has never been in this position before. Game 5 was a learning experience. So now you know and then close them out in Game 6.

The team will PROBABLY close it out in game 6. But are people forgetting what Denver did in the playoffs this year? Or how Golden State blew a 3-1 lead? Again, the team will probably win, but it’s not done until it’s done.

Clipper fans were just as cocky.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

I'm trying to relax. I'm still confident we end this Sunday. But to be honest, I could not sleep last night. Woke up and 2am and could not get back to sleep. Too bothered. I really wanted game 5 as a Laker win.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
I'm trying to relax. I'm still confident we end this Sunday. But to be honest, I could not sleep last night. Woke up and 2am and could not get back to sleep. Too bothered. I really wanted game 5 as a Laker win.

Just think of it as if we win on Sunday it would be more sweeter because of the pressure this Lakers team is facing, sometimes it’s more exciting to win when adversity hits.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:

I believe a lot of us are in the same boat. I keep trying to remind myself that we have successfully made the necessary adjustments after every playoff loss thus far. It's a game of chess. Now it's our move.
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
strong9 wrote:
The number of chicken littles here. You all love Kobe and talk about Mamba mentality but you all fold like a cheap tent at the first sign of adversity. Thankfully we're just fans and it has no bearing on the game.

They act as if they've never seen this before. Back in 2000 the Pacers blew out the Lakers in game 5 to force a game 6. It's just that I think this is the first title run for many of the younger fans and they think a team is supposed to win 4-1 every series. Back in 2010 we were down 2-3 and won in 7 games. It's a series.

In 2000 games 6 and 7 were at home. And that Laker team won games 1 and 2 at home. As for that Indiana team, they were very strong at home and had a losing record on the road.

Unfortunately, there are no historical examples in a similar setting that one can use as reference in this case. Like this team, the 2000 team won games 1 and 2, lost game 3, won game 4, lost game 5. My point was that Shaq-Kobe took 6 games to win their first title while following a similar pattern. I'm not saying it's a done deal. Just stating that it's still just one game.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject:

Average # of finals games each year: 5.76
Mode: 6

6 games: 28 times (includes 2020, which could go 7)
5 games : 20 times
7 games: 18 times
4 games: 8 times
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Let’s win baby!
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Petty Valiant wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
strong9 wrote:

Exactly. Many young fans don’t know how tough that first Shaq/Kobe title run was. The majority of this current team has never been in this position before. Game 5 was a learning experience. So now you know and then close them out in Game 6.

Ditto. That was an excruciatingly difficult climb - taken to five by Sacto, the Portland series nuclear war, the last three games against the Pacers. First runs for a new group of guys are always going to tough and there will be growing pains. Kobe-Pau faced it too in 08 (unfortunately weren't able to overcome it that year after the collapse to Boston in Game 4, but were able to bounce back the next year).

I think what makes this year a bit different and poses a unique concern is the bubble environment. Without home court and travel, all of these games take on a life of their own and that makes a big difference for role players especially - guys that would otherwise play a bit tight on the road in an elimination game (e.g., Nunn, Robinson, Crowder) get confidence and go lights out. Whereas guys that would probably benefit from being at home (e.g., Kuzma, Kieff, etc.) cant draw on the crowd for that extra energy. It cuts both ways but it definitely throws a unique wrench in the equation.

I just hope we come out with a desperation mentality from the jump in Game 6. I know Vogel said in his postgame presser that he thinks we're both the aggressors, but I don't think the Lakers matched Miami's hustle or energy early yesterday. There were some fluke plays that took us out of it, but the focus has to be there for all 48.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
strong9 wrote:

Mamba didn’t “relax” and take his opponents lightly, and openly talk about parades before they were beaten. Our team should finish the job in game 6, but I’ve been seeing too much arrogance when our team hasn’t won it yet.

On this I agree. Karma is a you know what which is why I for one have not been reveling in the Clippers' demise.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
troy wrote:

Just think of it as if we win on Sunday it would be more sweeter because of the pressure this Lakers team is facing, sometimes it’s more exciting to win when adversity hits.

My concern is whether this team, collectively, has that intestinal fortitude. I guess we will find out because the bubble poses a mental challenge like no past season. Either way, the most deserving team will be champion here because it won't be about talent.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject:

We'll probably win game 6, but walking off the floor before the final buzzer in game 3 was tacky, classless and showed poor sportsmanship. That was a black eye for this team IMO.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
We'll probably win game 6, but walking off the floor before the final buzzer in game 3 was tacky, classless and showed poor sportsmanship. That was a black eye for this team IMO.

I still don't know the whole story but that shows mental weakness if true.
Petty Valiant
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject:

If Morris scores one basket, it will be an improvement over Game 5. I expect Morris to play better. I don’t know about Kuzma, Green or Caruso however... although I know Caruso will bring it defensively, if nothing else.

They have to get an early lead. Like go up by 10, 11 to force Miami to play uphill. Bubble or not, fatigue sets in. Butler looked completely gassed at the end of yesterday’s game. He’s only human. Wear him down, wear them all
Down. Take it to the hoop, early and often, look for ways for AD to get buckets near the rim, I don’t like him camping around the three point line though I know he can hit some. Also, Rondo needs to be played more. I can’t believe he wasn’t out there at the end of the game.

Lucky for the Lakers, they have a chance to right all their wrongs from yesterday for tomorrow.

Last edited by Petty Valiant on Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

He still didn't come to inner city to help u out?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
kwase wrote:

After tomorrow there won’t be anything to whine about for a while. Just let them have their fun.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Petty Valiant wrote:
If Morris scores one basket, it will be an improvement over Game 5. I expect Morris to play better. I don’t know about Kuzma, Green or Caruso however... although I know Caruso will bring it defensively, if nothing else.

They have to get an early lead. Like go up by 10, 11 to force Miami to play uphill. Bubble or not, fatigue sets in. Butler looked completely gassed at the end of yesterday’s game. He’s only human. Wear him down, wear them all
Down. Take it to the hoop, early and often, look for ways for AD to get buckets near the rim, I don’t like him camping around the thee point line though I know he can hit some. Also, Rondo needs to be played more. I can’t believe he wasn’t out there at the end of the game.

Lucky for the Lakers, they have a chance to right all their wrongs from yesterday for tomorrow.

Just noticed you hardly post on LG and you made a very insightful post, come post often we need more intelligent posters.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject:

I’m pretty confident in a game 6 win. The most worrying things to me are their 3 point shooting threats, Butler is playing possessed and we don’t know just how much AD is going to be affected by that heel injury. I think in those final minutes where AD wasn’t able to move like he wanted ultimately let a window of opportunity happen for the Heat to do more damage. Obviously Morris throwing the ball to the ghost of Christmas past at a critical moment and Green missing a 3 he should have knocked down didn’t help, but that AD injury concerns me. This can easily turn into a LeBron vs the Heat where AD is relegated to an observer role because of that injury. If this goes 7 the panic will set in.
Petty Valiant
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Petty Valiant wrote:

Down. Take it to the hoop, early and often, look for ways for AD to get buckets near the rim, I don’t like him camping around the thee point line though I know he can hit some. Also, Rondo needs to be played more. I can’t believe he wasn’t out there at the end of the game.

Just noticed you hardly post on LG and you made a very insightful post, come post often we need more intelligent posters.
Thanks. I was around in the Kobe/Pau years but was under another username that I have forgotten lol.

The Lakers are the better team, I just wish they would play like it for 48 minutes.

I would also stop shooting so many threes. It’s not your specialty. Scoot in a bit and shoot a 20 foot jump shot, teardrops, all things going to the rim.

I know AD is hurting but he just has to muster enough for tomorrow to get a win. I’m sure he will. He wants that ring. It’s the role players who have got to help LeBron and AD out.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Petty Valiant wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Petty Valiant wrote:

Thanks. I was around in the Kobe/Pau years but was under another username that I have forgotten lol.

The Lakers are the better team, I just wish they would play like it for 48 minutes.

I would also stop shooting so many threes. It’s not your specialty. Scoot in a bit and shoot a 20 foot jump shot, teardrops, all things going to the rim.

I know AD is hurting but he just has to muster enough for tomorrow to get a win. I’m sure he will. He wants that ring. It’s the role players who have got to help LeBron and AD out.

Agreed... I expect the Lakers to come out with a focused mindset tomorrow, hopefully it isn’t a close game cause our hearts might not take it lol.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
kwase wrote:

Dude, you really need to start showing us on this site that you know how to talk to people. That stuff doesn't fly in real life, which is why you do it behind the safety of your computer monitor. 2 more years of lebron and you can go follow him to his next destination. It's fanboys like you that add to us not liking him.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject:

This game means so much for the fans of the Lakers around the world:

1) Nobody likes us in the sports media, and if we blow a 3-1 lead, then they will never let us forget it.
2) Lebron James knows his legacy is on the line. If we lose, I seriously can see him being so angry that he will end his career elsewhere.
3) We have to stick it to the Clippers. They tried their best to screw us over all year. Winning the Ring will be the best way of sticking to them.
4) If we lose, we'll be labeled as chokers.
5). If we lose, we will have lost our only chance to truly honor Kobe Bryant.

These things put all true Laker fans in the target hairs. If we fail to this Heat team, that has nothing but rookies and one allstar playing for it, with their players hurt, and we being up 3-1, then Laker Nation may never recover.

I don't think I've ever felt this much stress over a Laker game.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject:

I have doubts about the series now
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject:

The lakers showed us all season that they will bring the fight when no show defensively all season after a loss. If the lakers bring their championship level defense the heat won’t have enough scoring punch to win. Their offense relies way too much on one players greatness.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
kwase wrote:

Dude, you really need to start showing us on this site that you know how to talk to people. That stuff doesn't fly in real life, which is why you do it behind the safety of your computer monitor. 2 more years of lebron and you can go follow him to his next destination. It's fanboys like you that add to us not liking him.

Internet gangster

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:09 am    Post subject:

Bballguru5000 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
strong9 wrote:

In 2000 games 6 and 7 were at home. And that Laker team won games 1 and 2 at home. As for that Indiana team, they were very strong at home and had a losing record on the road.

Unfortunately, there are no historical examples in a similar setting that one can use as reference in this case. Like this team, the 2000 team won games 1 and 2, lost game 3, won game 4, lost game 5. My point was that Shaq-Kobe took 6 games to win their first title while following a similar pattern. I'm not saying it's a done deal. Just stating that it's still just one game.

I wish Miami won game 5 in Miami and was going to LA for games 6 and 7. I know the NBA changed the format from a 2-3-2 to a 2-2-1-1-1, but I’d be feeling a lot better with 2 home games. Back in 2000, in my high school people were dismissing the game 5 blowout in Indiana. We all said the Lakers wanted to win it at home. Whether or not that was true, the team definitely had a massive mental letdown in game 5.

I still think this Laker team will take game 6. But man it would be nice to win it in LA in the same stadium that Kobe won his first and last championship in.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: