Pretty confident that the Lakers will take over the League in the next few years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject:

The key will be if the Lakers offense can transition into a more of a half-court dependent offense while maintaining their defense. I'd like to see them get better at getting to the line even more (ranked 8th in attempts) and rebounding (ranking 15th in defensive).

They do that, then a team with the foundation pieces of Lebron and Davis can win 3 or 4 more titles. Like Lebron said, "We built different" and everybody else is playing catch up.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

There are less than a handful of players capable today of leading a deep charge to and through the Finals. We have one of them. I'm suspicious of the thinking of anyone who's thinking what happened this season is repeatable multiple times. How often is our aged leader going to get a three or four month break mid-season to rest up ? Maybe once more is what I see.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Pretty confident that the Lakers will take over the League in the next few years

Treble Clef wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
We have a Poker GM who is willing to make the necessary moves to Improve the team, we have the best player in the world who isn’t slowing down and we have Davis who is only gonna get better during his prime years, I’m ready for multiple championships

They’re overwhelming favorites for at least the next 2 seasons even if they don’t add anyone. The gap between the #1 team and everyone else is as large as it has ever been.

I think that the Warriors will dispute that. They are getting everyone healthy, have a $17.2 mil TPE, the #2 pick this year and a likely top 5 pick next season. Plus one of the better FOs in the league. It is foolish to count them out.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Pretty confident that the Lakers will take over the League in the next few years

venturalakersfan wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
We have a Poker GM who is willing to make the necessary moves to Improve the team, we have the best player in the world who isn’t slowing down and we have Davis who is only gonna get better during his prime years, I’m ready for multiple championships

They’re overwhelming favorites for at least the next 2 seasons even if they don’t add anyone. The gap between the #1 team and everyone else is as large as it has ever been.

I think that the Warriors will dispute that. They are getting everyone healthy, have a $17.2 mil TPE, the #2 pick this year and a likely top 5 pick next season. Plus one of the better FOs in the league. It is foolish to count them out.

For now we are but there's no question they have the potential and assets to "possibly" catch up to the Lakers. We'll also have to wait and see how Klay looks going into the Playoffs after his first season back IF they do get a team that looks like it could compete against us by seasons end. As of right now we are though which is all that matters until they prove it. You should know this well with what happened with the Clippers
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: