CP3 to Lakers? (Nope -Traded to the Suns)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
There would be literally no way we would be able to use the full MLE even if we let Rondo and KCP go if we traded for CP3

Grant will get a way better offer from Denver than our full MLE. Doubt there will be role players left for full MLE type deal worth saying no to CP3 and KCP.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
OKC has no interests in oblige to both CP3 and Lakers, they can care less where he wishes to end up.

Kuzma, #28 plus DG/Bradley/McGee expirings might be financially enticing, Lakers basically shutting ourself from 2021 sweepstakes
there is no guarantee that the Greek will come to us, we already have a championship team now so let’s continue the ride and get better at the same time
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Quote:
@AshleyNevel

LeBron CP3 AD is going to happen

Kendrick Perkins replies with "No lies detected" GIF.

https://twitter.com/kendrickperkins/status/1316828465237237761?s=21

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't trade for him.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I don't think CP3 is that much better than KCP if he is better. KCP has been a beast on defense and he knocks down threes at a respectable rate. CP3 has an injury history and is old. People shouldn't look at Lebron and think everyone could play at a high level at 35. That'd be a big mistake.

I'd gladly take him for vet min if possible if he really wants a ring that badly.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Makes sense to me cause it all lines up:

-Bron can’t be the only PG/playmaker on the team if he wants to prolong his career to eventually one day play with his son, who is a HS sophomore. Bring in help to have Bron play offball more and you save his legs and possibly anytime off the IR. Not to mention, he’s aiming for KAJ now so putting him offball in a scorer’s role accomplishes that feat.

-Cp3 fades during the playoffs, but with Bron handling the mall more and a straight killer at the rim like AD, Cp3 can just play his game and doesn’t need to be the best player on the floor for his squad any longer

-AD is eligible for the 35% max in 2022. He’ll most likely sign a 1+1 (and opt in) or sign a 2+1 (and opt out) so that Bron, AD and Cp3 all come off the books in 2022 together for a reload around AD for the future

A few things to consider is that we don’t have to rely on McGee and Bradley to opt into their deals. Even if they opt out and decide to go elsewhere, we have Kcp’s bird rights to manipulate matching salary along with Green/Kuz/Cook/THT to get the outgoing 33m necessary to bring in Cp3’s 41m deal. If Cp3 also is up to it, he can secure a future bag by opting out of that final 44m deal and signing an extension at a friendlier annual cap hit (ie 3yr 70m deal for example).

Also we can use the non taxpayer MLE as long as we stay below the apron of 139m. Bron, Cp3 and AD will count as nearly 113m on our cap sheet. The MLE is valued at around 10m, so we have roughly 16m of wiggle to figure out the rest of the roster.

Lastly if we tag in Nawlins and have Presti help entice them to do so, we can rework our 1st round protections so that Okc gets some picks earlier that 2027 and our #28 this summer.

Anything to minimize the wear n tear on Bron is what I’m concerned about. If it wasn’t for the 5 month COVID vacay in between, Bron would have been limited in showing out for the title run. If you get Bron to the playoffs relatively healthy and rested, you need to definitely explore that option. Cp3, come on down and stay a while longer in P&G this time....
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
I just don't see why you wouldn't do it I mean he's always wanted to be a Laker and it makes sense he wants to come here.

You just do it, CP3 is a top 20 player for sure maybe even top 15
This would almost favorite us to three peat.

CP3 was a Laker.... for 2 hours.

Basketball reasons...Biggest hater move in NBA History.

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
I just don't see why you wouldn't do it I mean he's always wanted to be a Laker and it makes sense he wants to come here.

You just do it, CP3 is a top 20 player for sure maybe even top 15
This would almost favorite us to three peat.

CP3 was a Laker.... for 2 hours.

Basketball reasons...Biggest hater move in NBA History.

It took us 10 years to get over that (bleep).
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject:

If you can get CP3, these other players dont even matter. You bring back KCP if possible and can easily fill out the remainder of the roster with Vet Min/MLE/BAE

CP3 / Caruso / Rondo or Vet min
KCP / THT / Mathews (min)
Lebron / Gallinari or Grant (MLE) / Dudley (min)
AD / Jeff Green or Markief (min) /
TT (BAE) / Howard / Cacok
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Honestly, I don't think CP3 is that much better than KCP if he is better. KCP has been a beast on defense and he knocks down threes at a respectable rate. CP3 has an injury history and is old. People shouldn't look at Lebron and think everyone could play at a high level at 35. That'd be a big mistake.

I'd gladly take him for vet min if possible if he really wants a ring that badly.

CP3 is on a whole different level as playmaker and his mid range is money. He was on All NBA team last season. Besides, he'd be replacing Danny Green and we can bring back KCP due to early bird rights giving him a 2 year deal. AD, Bron and CP3 will have contract until 2022. Then we can move for Bron, AD and Beal trio in 2022.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

u are so dumb if u think cp3 is not better than kcp
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
CRoost wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
CRoost wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
It’s fake I’m guessing. OKC wants more in return from the Knick, essentially creating a fake bidding war.

The fake bidding war makes much more sense. Celtics have a lot of draft picks and they have a spare , that expiring Hayward contract who will most likely to opt in. If they feel they are one piece away, they have the edge.

Celtics need Smart's defense and Kemba is the other starter. Got others who need the ball like Jaylen and Tatum. What they need is a big to contain Bam/AD etc if they are looking for that final piece.

Kemba was a big disappointment in the playoff. Not only he got switch hunt on defense, he can’t also get past any halfcourt trap. If anything they should trade him along with Hayward for CP3 and Adams. If this is the time to go all in, Ainge should do it as long as they don’t lose Smart, Brown and Tatum which is their core moving forward even if they don’t win it all with CP3.

OKC wouldn't want that Kemba contract unless so many picks are attached to it. CP3 contract has way more trade value than Kemba. Besides, if CP3 and Bron wanna play together(almost a certain ring for CP3 unlike small Celtics who can't deal with Bam let alone AD), Ainge won't risk pissing off CP3 by meddling in given his age and how much he's owed in that contract.

OKC can trade him to any team they wish. They are not making decisions on CP3 best interest . You can take our Kemba out of equation and still Celtics have the most enticing assets . I would love CP3 to be in our team but I can’t see it happening unless CP have the veto power.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

CP3 is on a whole different level as playmaker and his mid range is money. He was on All NBA team last season. Besides, he'd be replacing Danny Green and we can bring back KCP due to early bird rights giving him a 2 year deal. AD, Bron and CP3 will have contract until 2022. Then we can move for Bron, AD and Beal trio in 2022.

We have enough playermakers aka Lebron. He doesn't fit in our system since we only need him to knock down long range jumpers and we have guys who could do that. He's gonna be 36 so he might lose a step or two on defense and we don't know when he might get injured again. It's too much of a risk.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

We would really have lob city with cp3
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

KCP better than CP3 Did you watch the playoffs this year. Paul is still a baller 100% sure he got nerves on that last play but if he's on a team with LBJ and AD he's not asked to make that play. If you can get his as a 3rd option on this team you do whatever you can and figure out who to plug in after.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
CRoost wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
CRoost wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
It’s fake I’m guessing. OKC wants more in return from the Knick, essentially creating a fake bidding war.

The fake bidding war makes much more sense. Celtics have a lot of draft picks and they have a spare , that expiring Hayward contract who will most likely to opt in. If they feel they are one piece away, they have the edge.

Celtics need Smart's defense and Kemba is the other starter. Got others who need the ball like Jaylen and Tatum. What they need is a big to contain Bam/AD etc if they are looking for that final piece.

Kemba was a big disappointment in the playoff. Not only he got switch hunt on defense, he can’t also get past any halfcourt trap. If anything they should trade him along with Hayward for CP3 and Adams. If this is the time to go all in, Ainge should do it as long as they don’t lose Smart, Brown and Tatum which is their core moving forward even if they don’t win it all with CP3.

OKC wouldn't want that Kemba contract unless so many picks are attached to it. CP3 contract has way more trade value than Kemba. Besides, if CP3 and Bron wanna play together(almost a certain ring for CP3 unlike small Celtics who can't deal with Bam let alone AD), Ainge won't risk pissing off CP3 by meddling in given his age and how much he's owed in that contract.

OKC can trade him to any team they wish. They are not making decisions on CP3 best interest . You can take our Kemba out of equation and still Celtics have the most enticing assets . I would love CP3 to be in our team but I can’t see it happening unless CP have the veto power.

CP3's contract is albatross unless he's giving his best. So his best interest will matter to teams looking to trade for him. He wants to win a championship and Boston are not even a top 3 contender. We all know how we got a prime AD despite Boston having better assets. Bron can screw Ainge the same way if he's dreaming of CP3.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
KCP better than CP3 Did you watch the playoffs this year. Paul is still a baller 100% sure he got nerves on that last play but if he's on a team with LBJ and AD he's not asked to make that play. If you can get his as a 3rd option on this team you do whatever you can and figure out who to plug in after.

We would have to give up a lot of the guys who have just helped us win a championship and rely on the fact that he's gonna stay healthy at 36. Because once you signed him and then pick up "other" players thru vet min, that is going to be our depth. If an injury occurs to any of our star players, we would have to rely on that "depth".
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

We would have to give up a lot of the guys who have just helped us win a championship and rely on the fact that he's gonna stay healthy at 36. Because once you signed him and then pick up "other" players thru vet min, that is going to be our depth. If an injury occurs to any of our star players, we would have to rely on that "depth".

We'd have to give up Kuz and DG who helped us in the playoffs. Mcgee and Cook will be probably upgraded with vet min guys.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Is it really worth to lose all the bench for CP3? I don't think he is worth the risk of losing so many players and losing the opportunity of a full MLE. If he gets injured like in Houston we would be in problems
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1316807966750900224?s=21

Quote:
”The Thunder are in the market to flip Chris Paul only if draft picks or young players are coming back.” - Bobby Marks

CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
CRoost wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
CRoost wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
CRoost wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

CP3's contract is albatross unless he's giving his best. So his best interest will matter to teams looking to trade for him. He wants to win a championship and Boston are not even a top 3 contender. We all know how we got a prime AD despite Boston having better assets. Bron can screw Ainge the same way if he's dreaming of CP3.

OKC will be trading him to whatever fit their best interest not CP3. If Celtics make their bid, they have the best and most desirable assets. Let me put it this way, It’s all about what OKC wants to do, not CP3.

Regarding AD. Ainge did not want to trade his youth because unlike us, they don’t have Lebron to compete for championship . Without a chance of winning and AD walk out, they are left with nothing . But Pelicans would have easily made the trade if Celtics attached Tatum in that AD deal.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Wonder what packages other teams can offer for CP3 (young/picks and expirings for 35 yr max CP3)

Lakers: Kuz + 28th + DG/McGee/Cook expirings
Celtics: R.Williams + Tacko Fall (+picks) + G.Hayward expiring
Knicks: ?
Bucks: ?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Soooo...here is how I look at this:

- We would be out of contention for 2021 Free Agency, and instead go after Bradley Beal in 2022.

- CP3, Lebron and AD makes us instant favorites and not even close.

- we got older and have to worry about any injuries between those three players.

However, it would also free minutes for say....Talen Horton Tucker, who is going to be a rotational piece for this team. And as long as we get KCP back, if we still retain Dwight for another year, we still have the following lineup:

Chris Paul/Alex Caruso
KCP/Talen Horton Tucker
Lebron James/
Anthony Davis/
Dwight Howard/

So we still have an MLE to sign a good vet, followed by ring chasers or other good friends we can count of signing here like let’s say...Cousins. Then if we can use the MLE on say...Gallo. And then we look for a BAE player. Maybe Markieff again? That would be great. Or Serge Ibaka if he wants to ring chase? Then suddenly our depth is pretty great again.

Chris Paul/Alex Caruso
KCP/Talen Horton Tucker
Lebron James/Danilo Gallinari
Anthony Davis/Markieff Morris
DeMarcus Cousins/Dwight Howard

Ok so my thought here is this: we would be more talented then this year’s team, but we would also be older. And I don’t feel positive about that. The appeal of keeping Kuzma, along with Caruso, Tucker and the 28th pick is using that as our depth, especially with the scouts that we have.

Unless of course we pull what we did last year and get a 2nd round pick like we did for Tucker. So that we still get some youth in. In that case, I would love this and be ready to repeat.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject:

I don’t believe this rumor, it has no merit. I won’t waste my time getting excited for something that is extremely unlikely.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1316807966750900224?s=19
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 3 of 69
Jump to: