CP3 to Lakers? (Nope -Traded to the Suns)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:54 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
32 wrote:
I don't care if they trade for Chris Paul but I don't think it's in their plans. I think they are going to put their efforts into pairing AD with a young star or potential young star for the future.

A young star is years away. You either have to draft one or trade for one. They rarely simply reach free agency. And even then you need max cap space, which we will not have as long as Lebron is here. Pelinka’s comments are likely lip service to AD or smoke to lower our perceived interest in CP3.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

In all seriousness, if we really did want to trade for him, Pelinka is not going to drop hints. A CP3 trade is unlikely, but far from pipe dream territory. There just aren't going to be that many teams in the mix.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:58 am    Post subject:

Pelinka was talking about finding a young star to pair with AD post Bron if AD stays in LA for the rest of his prime(think he mentioned if AD stays 5-7 years). That doesn't mean he's ruling out a CP3 trade. CP3 comes off the book in 2022 along with Bron and AD if he signs 2+1 deal for 10 year max(35% of cap space deal).
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:01 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
32 wrote:
I don't care if they trade for Chris Paul but I don't think it's in their plans. I think they are going to put their efforts into pairing AD with a young star or potential young star for the future.

Most likely outcome. All signs point to going with the 2021 FA as Plan A and 2022 as plan B.

You can't throw away a year of Lebron. Especially when you don't know how many you have left.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:06 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Megaton wrote:
32 wrote:

Most likely outcome. All signs point to going with the 2021 FA as Plan A and 2022 as plan B.

You can't throw away a year of Lebron. Especially when you don't know how many you have left.

I really think we are going to pivot to 2022 free agency. The loss of revenue which will keep the cap numbers low this year and next have to have killed the thought of the 2021 max free agent (Giannis) plan. And it's not like there are several great players other than Giannis who will be available. Whereas in 2022, there are several, and the cap should go up by then. And with Davis likely taking a 2+1, and with LeBron hitting free agency again at that time, it just all lines up so much better. Go all-in on trying to win in the next 2 seasons (within reason, of course), and then reassess after the '21-22 season with free agents.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:38 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

I'd rather target D Rose than CP3 via trade. Rose would give us most of what we're looking for from CP3,

Everything except:

elite catch and shoot 3s (42%)
elite on pull-up 3s (35%- similar to Harden)
elite defense for the position
elite distributor
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:11 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Pelinka was on the Woj podcast today and he said he's looking for a young player to pair with AD this year or next year. That pretty much eliminates CP3.

Would you expect Rob to say "We're making a run at CP." ?

The original CP deal got voided because idiot Jimbo didn't have the patience to wait until the owners were all on their planes going home after the Board of Govenors meeting before calling it in to the league office.

As a former agent, Rob knows you never let the competition know what you're doing. This will be a stealth operation.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:14 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
32 wrote:

A young star is years away. You either have to draft one or trade for one. They rarely simply reach free agency. And even then you need max cap space, which we will not have as long as Lebron is here. Pelinka’s comments are likely lip service to AD or smoke to lower our perceived interest in CP3.

Exactly.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:19 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Megaton wrote:
32 wrote:

I really think we are going to pivot to 2022 free agency. The loss of revenue which will keep the cap numbers low this year and next have to have killed the thought of the 2021 max free agent (Giannis) plan. And it's not like there are several great players other than Giannis who will be available. Whereas in 2022, there are several, and the cap should go up by then. And with Davis likely taking a 2+1, and with LeBron hitting free agency again at that time, it just all lines up so much better. Go all-in on trying to win in the next 2 seasons (within reason, of course), and then reassess after the '21-22 season with free agents.

Agreed.

The tea leaves are easy to read. Bron and AD wouldn't be taking shots at Giannis over MVP and DPOY if they thought there was any chance he was in play to join up.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I'd rather target D Rose than CP3 via trade. Rose would give us most of what we're looking for from CP3,

Everything except:

elite catch and shoot 3s (42%)
elite on pull-up 3s (35%- similar to Harden)
elite defense for the position
elite distributor

D.Rose would fill in Kuzma role, CP3 would fill in LeBron/Rondo role
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I think that Dr. Laker has some years on me, he remembers the pre-Kareem years. And there are still some here who were when LG was a Rivals board.

I was on the Rivals' board, but I'm not nearly as ancient as VLF!

WRT to the pre-Kareem days, I wasn't in LA, but became a huge Wilt fan after watching Lakers-Bucks in the 1971 NBA WCF and rooting Wilt to beat Kareem. West & Baylor were hurt and didn't play at all, but Wilt was Superman and I knew his team would win.

I bet everything I had on the Lakers and ended up losing my life savings (about 85 cents) to my big sister, who was in love with Kareem.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
VLF agrees with this trade...let that sink in for those of you who are supporting it.

I'm fine with CP3 getting bought out...trading for him would be the dumbest move in Laker History.

I agreed with the AD trade, let that sink in. Stars win in the NBA, not players like Kuzma and Bradley. They can be replaced.

There has been a lot of VLF bashing lately, he is one of the Originals here and sometimes he likes to start a fight but it's not LG without him.

CervantesRises there is over 35 pages on this topic and you are on every page. We all know what you think.

Guess it’s not America without Donald Trump too right?

LG doesn’t need racist/sexist trolls like him. Scratch that, the WORLD definitely needs less of that kind of toxicity.

But are fine with blatant liars like you?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Megaton wrote:
32 wrote:

I don’t understand the idea that we will be able to sign a FA in 2022. Lebron and AD’s salaries will go up and if we are lucky the cap will remain flat. We would be looking at about $75-78 mil of a (hopefully) $109 mil cap.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
VLF agrees with this trade...let that sink in for those of you who are supporting it.

I'm fine with CP3 getting bought out...trading for him would be the dumbest move in Laker History.

I agreed with the AD trade, let that sink in. Stars win in the NBA, not players like Kuzma and Bradley. They can be replaced.

There has been a lot of VLF bashing lately, he is one of the Originals here and sometimes he likes to start a fight but it's not LG without him.

CervantesRises there is over 35 pages on this topic and you are on every page. We all know what you think.

And?

I can talk on as many pages as I like. You can ignore me as much as you like. See how that works?

I've been here since '08...I'll keep my own counsel on what I say, who I say it to, and how frequently I say it.

Ya dig?

You keep saying the same thing over and over. It's one thing to state your opinion. It's another to say it ad nauseam.

The chances of him ending her are slim anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. I don't know I'll leave it at that.

2 things...

1. That legend you hailed yesterday is on damn near every page of every thread.

2. If someone responds to me I'm going to respond to them...you dont like it...dont read it...swipe on by dawg.

You dont get to tell me what I can post, how often I can post, or who I can post to.

Savy? That's over the line Smoke. Ya dig?

#BannersOverBillboards
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

Well, the Chris Paul talk has gone quiet in general, which as we know, means people are talking.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

And?

I can talk on as many pages as I like. You can ignore me as much as you like. See how that works?

I've been here since '08...I'll keep my own counsel on what I say, who I say it to, and how frequently I say it.

Ya dig?

You keep saying the same thing over and over. It's one thing to state your opinion. It's another to say it ad nauseam.

The chances of him ending her are slim anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. I don't know I'll leave it at that.

It is truth. Any of the 1000's of members on this forum say something opposing on any of the previous 34 pages and there's a hand full of posts by him saying the same exact things in slightly different ways a couple hundred times. Pretty sure not a single member on this forum does not know his exact stance and feelings on this trade at this point.

It's extremely unlikely to happen regardless anyways and if you have new reasoning then jump right back in but no reason to beat a dead horse into a bloody pulp and then go back and beat every single organ of that dead horse repeatedly as well.

Couple things you can do.

1. Flag the comments to a mod.

2. PM me.

3. Try to PC shame me into feeling bad about your feelings....we get it CervantesRises we get it...you're against the trade. But I'm going to ignore the other guys on this thread who have posted repeatedly to single you out because I dont like what you said.

1 is fair. 2 is honorable. 3 is typical.

You have options.

Why you would waste a minute of your life complaining is beyond me...why you would complain about something so insignificant that you could literally ignore it with a swipe of the thumb is beyond me too.

If I'm living rent free in your head please evict me and get on with the business of being happy. We were talking Laker basketball...I'm clearly not going to give you what you want...no need to make this thread now about me. Stay on topic and let people communicate in the manner and frequency they want to.

Ignore what you dont like.

Engage with what you do.

It's not complex y'all.

#BannersOverBillboards
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject:

I’m so bored. I want free agency to start and all hell to break loose. When will madness begin??? 😂
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
hype wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

And?

Ya dig?

It is truth. Any of the 1000's of members on this forum say something opposing on any of the previous 34 pages and there's a hand full of posts by him saying the same exact things in slightly different ways a couple hundred times. Pretty sure not a single member on this forum does not know his exact stance and feelings on this trade at this point.

It's extremely unlikely to happen regardless anyways and if you have new reasoning then jump right back in but no reason to beat a dead horse into a bloody pulp and then go back and beat every single organ of that dead horse repeatedly as well.

2. PM me.

3. Try to PC shame me into feeling bad about your feelings....we get it CervantesRises we get it...you're against the trade. But I'm going to ignore the other guys on this thread who have posted repeatedly to single you out because I dont like what you said.

You have options.

Why you would waste a minute of your life complaining is beyond me...why you would complain about something so insignificant that you could literally ignore it with a swipe of the thumb is beyond me too.

If I'm living rent free in your head please evict me and get on with the business of being happy. We were talking Laker basketball...I'm clearly not going to give you what you want...no need to make this thread now about me. Stay on topic and let people communicate in the manner and frequency they want to.

Engage with what you do.

It's not complex y'all.

But how do you really feel about Chris Paul? Do you like him as a player?
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

Guess it’s not America without Donald Trump too right?

LG doesn’t need racist/sexist trolls like him. Scratch that, the WORLD definitely needs less of that kind of toxicity.

But are fine with blatant liars like you?

Example of a true legend.

This thread is ready for a lock and delete.

No one wants to talk about the OP any more.

I think we're all clear on our stances for a pipe dream trade.

Fun talking with you all. I had a good time. Hope you didnt take any of this personal because it was just Laker basketball talk for me.

Peace champs.

#BannersOverBillboards
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
I’m so bored. I want free agency to start and all hell to break loose. When will madness begin??? 😂

Draft is Nov. 18, so I'd guess FA starts a few days to a week after.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:

If the season starts Dec 22, they should have free agency early like after Thanksgiving
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
hype wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

And?

Ya dig?

2. PM me.

You have options.

Engage with what you do.

It's not complex y'all.

But how do you really feel about Chris Paul? Do you like him as a player?

I think he's excellent at using his position of authority with the Player's Union to better himself financially. He's the driver for Super Max contracts. Doubt those last the next CBA.

So from that angle I think he's a typical disingenuous human, common in this day and age.

LBJ uses his wealth to make the world a better place. I'm sure CP3 does charitable work but that doesnt appear to be his vibe to me and I could be all they way wrong about that.

As a ball player I think they way I've seen him interact with his teammates runs me the wrong way. Very abrasive like 2008 and 2007 Kobe but without the credentials. There's a reason several former teammates dont like him and Rondo wants to fight him on sight.

Comes across as a good politician but not a good person to me...which doesnt matter because who the (bleep) am I?

Skill wise, I understand his value to teams but not his fit with us. I have no desire to see LeBron as a secondary initiator for us. And I respect his game as a ball dominant player...I just have no faith in his health regardless of how vegan he is.

I think he's a self serving sleaze bag and I was very happy Rondo punched him.

#BannersOverBillboards
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:

everything will start happening next month and the season is only 2 months away, crazy stuff.. I’m guessing the activity in FA and Trade Market is gonna go wild.
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:

everything will start happening next month and the season is only 2 months away, crazy stuff.. I’m guessing the activity in FA and Trade Market is gonna go wild.

It seems crazy. All these free agents have to report to their new teams and get acclimated to start season in less than a month? Insanity.

I kind of think bringing everyone back may be better as continuity and chemistry may help great deal.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:

If the season starts Dec 22, they should have free agency early like after Thanksgiving

If it is starting December 22nd, that means you probably need 2 weeks for pre-season, plus training camp, which means FA should be starting...now.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:

If it is starting December 22nd, that means you probably need 2 weeks for pre-season, plus training camp, which means FA should be starting...now.

can't start before draft tough or can it?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 36 of 69
Jump to: