CP3 to Lakers? (Nope -Traded to the Suns)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
There is one thing I have learned about the Lakers is that they take care of their superstars. There's no way they will cheap out on Anthony Davis. Goodwill is fostered when a franchise does this and that's part of the reason why the Lakers are where they are at.

Think about this, the team just won a championship after a 10 year drought. Many franchises will kill to have that kind of success. This is also why the Celtics have had trouble attracting superstar talent due to the way they have treated their stars, ie. Garnett, etc.

Lakers should continue to do what they are doing.

Not only do I expect LAL to absolutely pay AD everything the CBA will allow, but explore the extent of a CP3 trade for every avenue, not only for his talent, but because of the relationship between LeBron and CP3. At that point, I absolutely believe LAL would be more comfortable with paying deeply into the luxury tax. But for an MLE or BAE player and no trade? Not necessarily.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
What is AD going to do, sign with Atlanta? I think that he is smart enough to know that they are withholding 40% of his salary because of something important. And that his only Finals was a ratings bomb. Revenue is the driving force and there is little of it to go around. The players are feeling the hit as much as the owners are.

Lakers are really going to enter into negotiations with AD/Klutch with that argument?

Sorry Jerry Krause.

AD could say he will opt in and then possibly leave with LBJ the next season. You want that blood on your hands as a franchise? heck no.

The person you were arguing with thinks Lebron did not come to LA to wiin, only retire and make movies. Then he suggests last year that AD is best served signing with Dallas as he will not win with Bron in LA.

So now him saying to penny pinch with AD and klutch. should hardly be a shocker. If there is one thing we are sure of, it is that Charles Barkley and VLF will make so many outlandish comments about the Lakers, that we all can just have a good laugh about, after.

As to the Lakers plan, I would guess they will offer high annual raises to their FAs and gage the interest of other FAs. If they can sometimes upgrade, they likely do that. I think the strongest likely casualty is Morris, as the Lakers may not be able to use their full MLE. So instead they may sign Cousins, get on Kuzma to give more minutes, and look for a vet min stretch big. One thing about this team they are not afraid to make small moves to help the team get better. We signed Dwight much later into FA. We signed Caruso when few outside of LA thought much of him or believed he would be a backup (let alone a starter in a NBA Finals game). We signed Morris into the season. We signed Waiters, after waiving Cousins. We waived Daniels. We signed JR Smith. Etc

Pelinka will make moves, and just keep at it. The main thing is to lose too many of your own FAs, because that will be hard to replace in times like this.

Says the front runner who only appears when the Lakers are contending, disappearing when they were struggling lunlike real Laker fans who stuck out the bad times. The Lakers have historically penny pinched, those moves have been well documented in this thread by myself and Mike. And that was Dr. Buss the gambler, now we have his kids who have been little more than failures on their own. They will pay AD but it is doubtful that they spend $20 mil on a MLE player.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I honestly think LBJ/Klutch is a different factor in holding this ownership group accountable to keep on spending.

Using what argument? The Lakers didn’t pay tax and won the Invitational title, so what would overpaying a role player gain? That is why Kobe will always be superior to Lebron, he knew his role on a contending team and allowed others to know theirs.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject:

Is paying KCP 10-12M over paying?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

no
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject:

I am not at all obsessed with trading Green, I actually like him as a bench player next year and think his minutes need to be divided like Rondo, where he is brought along slowly in the RS and then higher doses in the playoffs, off the bench.

But Rob has to look at what Green-Kuz-28th pick can net back. If it can net back a starting level 2-way talent, he has to look at it.

I do not know what the exact market for Paul is, but it would surprise me if the teams out there were willing to deal more than Kuz, 28th pick and expirings for a deal like that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I honestly think LBJ/Klutch is a different factor in holding this ownership group accountable to keep on spending.

Using what argument? The Lakers didn’t pay tax and won the Invitational title, so what would overpaying a role player gain? That is why Kobe will always be superior to Lebron, he knew his role on a contending team and allowed others to know theirs.

AD AND LBJ can basically do 1 year deals and opt out together the next year. You really want to play games with that scenario all over what, not using the full MLE?

I doubt this group, after going nearly 10 years between titles and 6 years of missing the playoffs will go back to penny pinching on this group.

Klutch saved the Lakers, like or not. LBJ/Klutch also brought AD here.

And Kobe demanded a trade and nearly signed with the Clips. Thank goodness Dr. Buss talked some sense into him.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

That is what he will get, it is the guaranteed years. I think some team may want to give him 3-4 years. The Lakers may have to Danny Green him, pay him more annual salary and less guaranteed years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject:

I would like to stipulate to potential lurkers here that none of these posters, frequent nor infrequent, have any professional experience at negotiating sports deals, in any fashion; hence should be taken as emotional speculators coming off an amazing win in the NBA Finals. Thank you, and may you and yours be blessed with health, productivity, and grounded perspective.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

No.

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

No.

Yet he is not even in your pipedream lineup
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Says the front runner who only appears when the Lakers are contending, disappearing when they were struggling lunlike real Laker fans who stuck out the bad times. The Lakers have historically penny pinched, those moves have been well documented in this thread by myself and Mike. And that was Dr. Buss the gambler, now we have his kids who have been little more than failures on their own. They will pay AD but it is doubtful that they spend $20 mil on a MLE player.

Setting aside the unnecessary rudeness, you are more or less accurate from an historical perspective. However, it does not necessarily follow that the current leadership will follow the same pattern. I think most of us get the impression that the shots are being called by Team Lebron (though some people prefer to call this Klutch). Pelinka is not part of the Lakers tradition. Jeanie appears to be along for the ride and happy as she can be (as long as everyone periodically kisses up to her in the media). So, as they say, past results do not guarantee future performance.
Mike@LG

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

AD AND LBJ can basically do 1 year deals and opt out together the next year. You really want to play games with that scenario all over what, not using the full MLE?

I doubt this group, after going nearly 10 years between titles and 6 years of missing the playoffs will go back to penny pinching on this group.

And Kobe demanded a trade and nearly signed with the Clips. Thank goodness Dr. Buss talked some sense into him.

I think AD and LBJ are more concerned with their individual contracts vs who will be built around them.

To me, that means DMC for AD. Crossed fingers for a difficult trade for CP3 for LBJ. But I don't think it means MLE for Jerami Grant.

It's a relationship league. If LAL has any leverage here, it's that, to our understanding, the Lakers have treated both of them AND Klutch very well. Lower cap terms mean it's very possible no team can sign either guy
to a max contract anyway, with the only exception being the Lakers.

Mike@LG

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think AD and LBJ are more concerned with their individual contracts vs who will be built around them.

To me, that means DMC for AD. Crossed fingers for a difficult trade for CP3 for LBJ. But I don't think it means MLE for Jerami Grant.

It's a relationship league. If LAL has any leverage here, it's that, to our understanding, the Lakers have treated both of them AND Klutch very well. Lower cap terms mean it's very possible no team can sign either guy
to a max contract anyway, with the only exception being the Lakers.

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

So Chris Paul could possibly end up a Laker in the final years of his career going for a title.
The team he was vetoed from playing on back in 2011 where he ended up getting traded to the junior varsity team in Los Angeles.

Where New Orleans got a draft pick from which ended up turning into NCAA Champion Anthony Davis who just won a NBA championship with the Lakers.

The Lakers Front Office:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzx3-hKl__8
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Setting aside the unnecessary rudeness, you are more or less accurate from an historical perspective. However, it does not necessarily follow that the current leadership will follow the same pattern. I think most of us get the impression that the shots are being called by Team Lebron (though some people prefer to call this Klutch). Pelinka is not part of the Lakers tradition. Jeanie appears to be along for the ride and happy as she can be (as long as everyone periodically kisses up to her in the media). So, as they say, past results do not guarantee future performance.

Bingo. He's right about what they USED to do. But it's a total different paradigm post Dr. Buss. It's the first championship post Dr. Buss and one cannot dismiss the Klutch/LBJ angle at all. They will have a large part in calling the shots. And so far they have delivered so I'm not upset at all that we are the Los Angeles LaKlutchkers.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Bingo. He's right about what they USED to do. But it's a total different paradigm post Dr. Buss. It's the first championship post Dr. Buss and one cannot dismiss the Klutch/LBJ angle at all. They will have a large part in calling the shots. And so far they have delivered so I'm not upset at all that we are the Los Angeles LaKlutchkers.

It’s also a different era where not only are player empowerment but also former agents and agencies are starting to basically run teams.

Warriors with Myers
Lakers married Klutch
Nets with Kleiman and his group
Knicks following with Rose

Dr. Buss would have have adapted to the times imo.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Invitational title... c'mon VLF, stop raining on our parade man
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

This will be an interesting subplot. Lebron's past 3 teams capped themselves out trying to appease him (we can argue about how directly Lebron/Klutch impacted that). I think a big difference is his leverage isn't the same in that he's where he wants to be, so the threat of him leaving isn't the same. I also think his respect for our ownership and management is much higher than his previous stops.

So for CP3, I don't think Lebron has as much pull as some may think on this. Obviously Rob will seek his input, but Pelinka gets the benefit of the doubt after last season.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Not to mention, did Dr Buss not pay up Lamar Odom 8M a year, and then go out and sign Artest to a 5 year MLE, while Kobe and Gasol were on max deals, and then Bynum also got a huge deal.

Basically, the Lakers 2009-10 repeated and their salaries were like Kobe - MAX, Gasol - near MAX, Bynum - 14M, Odom - 8M, Artest 6M. I think Luke also had like a 6M a year deal.

Dr Buss would pay, he just wouldn't OVERPAY. That is why guys like Ariza were shown the door.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Hey, when you've seen all 17 titles with your own eyes, you start to take them for granted. Just the spoils of being a Lakers fan.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's disgusting, man. I used to defend him, but if you can't be happy, can't celebrate such a tough season, and that kind of run, I don't know man. I don't even know why he's allowed to post here, throwing crap like that around. Better posters have been tossed, for less.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's disgusting, man. I used to defend him, but if you can't be happy, can't celebrate such a tough season, and that kind of run, I don't know man. I don't even know why he's allowed to post here, throwing crap like that around. Better posters have been tossed, for less.

he is a troll. when we were winning in playoffs and championship he disappears...doesnt even have the decency to eat the crow...

Trollz gonna troll
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

Don't like CP3 and don't want him riding the purple and gold coattails to a championship.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Not for another team, no. But the Lakers historically don't go into the luxury tax for role players. Is this different because we're coming off a title? And it's Klutch? Maybe.

I think 10 mil would be a good price for KCP, but i'm sure Rich Paul has a 12-16 mil figure in his head. And there's just areas where we are sorely lacking (playmaking, shooting, size) that we're gonna end up filling out with the mini MLE and league minimums just to resign KCP?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 40 of 69
Jump to: