Kawhi Leonard's Jealous Rift With Teammates Leaks Out
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject: Kawhi Leonard's Jealous Rift With Teammates Leaks Out

This never gets old!

https://nypost.com/2020/10/16/kawhi-leonards-jealous-rift-with-clippers-teammates-leaks-out/

Quote:
A report from The Athletic states that Patrick Beverly, Montrezl Harrell and Lou Williams — among others — were specifically bothered with the preferential treatment given to Leonard, who led the Raptors to the NBA title the season before his arrival. Among the grievances with the two-time NBA Finals MVP was the frequency with which he was allowed to take games off to rest his body and the team’s permission for Leonard to live in San Diego, which reportedly made him frequently late for team flights from Los Angeles. The report states that Leonard was also allowed to dictate when he was removed from games.

Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Wait, Kawhi doesn't even live in LA? Wowwww...
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:54 am    Post subject:

yep... even more nerve of that "This is his city" ad
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject:

Lakers dodged a bullet....imagine if he brought his dysfunction to the Lakers locker room.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:

Rancho Santa Fe....he isn't slumming, trust me.

Get off Kawhi, the Clippers may be garbage but Kawhi is a baller and pretty much scored at will vs. the Lakers this season.
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi always had reputation as this blue collar guy but the more I read about this guy the more he seems a diva??
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

He lives in Rancho Santa Fe, which is a 2-hour drive from LAX and Staples. That doesn't seem like a big deal to me unless he is routinely late for things. If so, that's an issue.

The taking time off complaint makes no sense to me. We all knew that was the Clippers plan. He was #2 in minutes played for the Clippers, and #1 when you include the playoffs.

Being allowed to dictate when he is removed from games doesn't seem odd. I'd think any superstar could do this, especially a guy with injury issues like him.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
Kawhi always had reputation as this blue collar guy but the more I read about this guy the more he seems a diva??

he's the most scariest kind of diva. you know what to trigger the divaness act of certain players (Kyrie, KD, Towns, Melo in his Denver days just for examples). but with KL, you never know when and how you just got on his bad side LOL
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:

he's the most scariest kind of diva. you know what to trigger the divaness act of certain players (Kyrie, KD, Towns, Melo in his Denver days just for examples). but with KL, you never know when and how you just got on his bad side LOL

Plus Uncle Dennis factor.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Gellollo wrote:

Get off Kawhi, the Clippers may be garbage but Kawhi is a baller and pretty much scored at will vs. the Lakers this season.

You know I love yah brotha but Kawhi can go choke on a fat one.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

^LOL.

Fair enough, he did disrespect Laker Nation last summer but I have a soft spot for him as a SDSU Alum.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Gellollo wrote:

Yeah. Lucky for us, we still got AD. Kawhi tried to sabotage our free agent signing.
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Gellollo wrote:

Yeah. Lucky for us, we still got AD. Kawhi tried to sabotage our free agent signing.

He didn’t try ... he DID!

We put together a team overnight with contingency players. And it was ugly. I’ll tell you that. Our best hope was Avery Bradley coming off an injury plagued down year and Danny Green. No one in their right mind could have predicted AD and Lebron would have meshed so quickly and perfectly or that Vogel would be so damn good getting everyone to buy in defensively or that Dwight mother-f’ing Howard would turn into our Superman. Or that Rondo would turn into second coming of Jesus in the playoffs.

It’s like God or Fate or Karma or whatever force you believe in was offended by Ka-Lie the snake and decided to balance the cosmic scales.

This year we”ll be on even footing. Let’s see if Rob really is as good as we think or he just got lucky. 😉
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
He lives in Rancho Santa Fe, which is a 2-hour drive from LAX and Staples. That doesn't seem like a big deal to me unless he is routinely late for things. If so, that's an issue.

Besides being late, the problem with him living there is simply the looks of it. When you combine that with his personality, it makes him seem even more distant.

Maybe it's giving him the appearance of trying to distance himself from his teammates, which maybe feeds into him supposedly being considered "selfish."
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Besides being late, the problem with him living there is simply the looks of it. When you combine that with his personality, it makes him seem even more distant.

Maybe it's giving him the appearance of trying to distance himself from his teammates, which maybe feeds into him supposedly being considered "selfish."

Clippers should move to SD to be with their start player.
OdomGrab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Le-nerd used every trick in the book to sabotage the Lakers. At some point I'm pretty sure he had made up his mind about joining the clippers. Then he prolly gave the clippers a secret nod so they could snatch up the other guys he needs to compete before the Lakers could. I guess he really believes in WIN NOW, like before a game is even played. Prolly also felt his path would
be through the lakers. If he succeeded, we would prolly be in the dumps for
2-5 years longer.

He really thought AD would go Boston. The waited as long as possible to
make this happen and for the Lakers to miss out on other free agents waiting for him to make up his mind.

For him Clips was a better destination because

He was gonna be the 1# and do it his way and become indispensable aka $$$.
He was also going to come across and a hero for winning via the clippers.
He had a cu-ck for a #2 in PG.
He got the respect he wanted and the status above everyone.
HE was gonna do this while beating Lebron.

He made his choice to become a legend at the expense of the lakers.
He is a penny wise pound foolish kind of a moron.
I respect his game but he seems like a sheepish moron in things related to
getting along with team FO and players. I think he gave up on schooling way
too early.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

Clippers are a must win in year 2 or 3. Otherwise Kawhi ain't gonna stick around when all those draft picks they gave away start taking affect and they become another chapter in the worst Clippers teams of all time.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:34 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Gellollo wrote:

True, but it reminds me of Jimmy Butler lighting the Lakers up in the Finals. When the Lakers "focused on him" he scored like 12pts in the finale.

Kawhi is much better, but I trust Vogel to slow Kawhi down too, when it matters. Would have been a fun series. I'd say Lakers in 5.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Gellollo wrote:

We put together a team overnight with contingency players. And it was ugly. I’ll tell you that. Our best hope was Avery Bradley coming off an injury plagued down year and Danny Green. No one in their right mind could have predicted AD and Lebron would have meshed so quickly and perfectly or that Vogel would be so damn good getting everyone to buy in defensively or that Dwight mother-f’ing Howard would turn into our Superman. Or that Rondo would turn into second coming of Jesus in the playoffs.

It’s like God or Fate or Karma or whatever force you believe in was offended by Ka-Lie the snake and decided to balance the cosmic scales.

This year we”ll be on even footing. Let’s see if Rob really is as good as we think or he just got lucky. 😉

Another thing to consider is, would Kawhi have signed with the Clippers if they didn't go all in for PG? And also, did the Lakers' presence in the Kawhi sweepstakes influence Lawrence&Logo to offer up that package to the Thunder? It was reported the trade was on and off five times before both sides agreed on it. We know Ujiri pulled the Raptors out early, if the Lakers had followed suit would the Clippers have more leverage with Presti?

I can live with the results either way, aside from a handful of vet min players we missed out on, this plan B was the best realistic outcome of the past offseason.

Rose - not trying to play with LeBron and Rondo on a cheap short-term deal. He wanted minutes and usage we can't give.

Brogdon - restricted, he would have to refuse the trade to Indiana, and in order to trigger that, the Lakers probably have to pay him more than his current contract. For the same money, he had a shot at being an all star in Indy.

Butler - would have picked Miami, he is about the worst possible fit for a team with Rondo/AD/LeBron anyway. Don't forget his previous three seasons.

Russell - we'd have to pay him the max, he was waiting for that. Even still he may have chosen the Warriors. Would have been the right signing if we had failed to trade for AD and had to punt another year.

Oubre - Suns would match any offer we'd want to make to him.

Seth Curry - ugh, really? Some actually lamented not signing him.

Guys like Wes Matthews and RHJ were always going to pick the depth chart that suited them best. Wes couldn't start here, and RHJ can't shoot, so his minutes would be limited.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Gellollo wrote:

Another thing to consider is, would Kawhi have signed with the Clippers if they didn't go all in for PG? And also, did the Lakers' presence in the Kawhi sweepstakes influence Lawrence&Logo to offer up that package to the Thunder? It was reported the trade was on and off five times before both sides agreed on it. We know Ujiri pulled the Raptors out early, if the Lakers had followed suit would the Clippers have more leverage with Presti?

I can live with the results either way, aside from a handful of vet min players we missed out on, this plan B was the best realistic outcome of the past offseason.

Rose - not trying to play with LeBron and Rondo on a cheap short-term deal. He wanted minutes and usage we can't give.

Brogdon - restricted, he would have to refuse the trade to Indiana, and in order to trigger that, the Lakers probably have to pay him more than his current contract. For the same money, he had a shot at being an all star in Indy.

Butler - would have picked Miami, he is about the worst possible fit for a team with Rondo/AD/LeBron anyway. Don't forget his previous three seasons.

Russell - we'd have to pay him the max, he was waiting for that. Even still he may have chosen the Warriors. Would have been the right signing if we had failed to trade for AD and had to punt another year.

Oubre - Suns would match any offer we'd want to make to him.

Seth Curry - ugh, really? Some actually lamented not signing him.

Guys like Wes Matthews and RHJ were always going to pick the depth chart that suited them best. Wes couldn't start here, and RHJ can't shoot, so his minutes would be limited.

What about Kemba? For a while, it was reported he head eyes on LA
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
What about Kemba? For a while, it was reported he head eyes on LA

All of our cap space used on a player who can be targeted on defense and is unlikely to convince AD this is the best long-term situation to commit to?...pass.

Can't believe the Lakers heavily pursued him (according to Kemba), although he says it was early in his recruitment, when the Lakers didn't even know if Kawhi and DG were staying in Toronto. Kemba also said the Mavs pursued him, which is curious considering their need for guard defenders in the starting lineup.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
activeverb wrote:

That just strikes me as BS. It's not like the players live together in one building when they're in LA. If he's showing up to things on time, does it really matter if he's driving 2 hours from Santa Fe or 1 hour from Malibu to get the Staples?
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

This is pretty big news.

I don't see Beverly, Montrell, and Lou returning and a CP3 to Clippers would make sense.

Out: CP3 ($41M)
In:
• Shamet ($2M)
• Montrell ($16M) - sign and trade
• Lou ($8M) - last year contract
• Beverly ($13M) - same remaining 2 yr contract length as CP3 but at much less $
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
slavavov wrote:
activeverb wrote:

That just strikes me as BS. It's not like the players live together in one building when they're in LA. If he's showing up to things on time, does it really matter if he's driving 2 hours from Santa Fe or 1 hour from Malibu to get the Staples?

Before KL, CP3 instituted a culture of hanging out for kid's b-days and such. KL lives so far out and that he will never show up for any events. They will just not develop the team chemistry that other teams will have.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
activeverb wrote:
slavavov wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Before KL, CP3 instituted a culture of hanging out for kid's b-days and such. KL lives so far out and that he will never show up for any events. They will just not develop the team chemistry that other teams will have.

For all those kid's birthday parties and bonding events, Chris Paul's Clippers teams never had anymore success than Kawhi's Clipper's team did this year.

I think hanging out for "team chemistry" is over rated. In all sports, there are lots of championship teams that had great chemistry when they played, but who didn't hang out or even particularly like each other off the court or field.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: