Frank Gore vs. Deron Williams

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: Frank Gore vs. Deron Williams

Ex-NFL star Frank Gore to fight ex-NBA star Deron Williams in boxing match on Jake Paul-Tommy Fury undercard

Quote:
Gore, 38, is a five-time Pro Bowl selection and ranks third in NFL history with 16,000 rushing yards. The San Francisco 49ers' all-time leading rusher spent 16 seasons in the league, most recently 2020 with the New York Jets.

"I'm excited to be fighting on this card and can't wait to show the world what I've been working on," Gore said in a statement. "Boxing has me excited, and on Dec. 18 expect fireworks!"

Williams, 37, was a three-time NBA All-Star selection with the Utah Jazz and Brooklyn Nets. He won gold at the Olympics with the U.S. men's national team in 2008 and 2012.

"Combat sports have been a part of my life since my youngest days," Williams said in a statement. "Before I was a basketball player, I was a wrestler. Since 2015, I have had the privilege of owning an MMA gym, and through that I have trained in various martial arts to stay active. Over the last year, I've been waiting for the right opportunity to translate my training into a professional debut."

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/32591490/ex-nfl-star-frank-gore-fight-ex-nba-star-deron-williams-boxing-match-jake-paul-tommy-fury-undercard
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

This is a crazy headline, Jake-Paul vs Tyson Fury's bro then the 'undercard', I'd skip
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Celebrities and old fighters are making a mockery of boxing. They will not make a dime off of me.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject:

sad. frank gore is a legend, but i get it. $$
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Celebrities and old fighters are making a mockery of boxing. They will not make a dime off of me.

Agree! Watching Lamar Odom in the ring was pretty sad!
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

I remember when it was a debate between CP3 and Deron Williams for best PG in the league in 07-08. Funny how their careers ended up so differently. CP3 as a top 5 PG of all time and Williams as a guy who was an all star for a few seasons.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject:

doesnt seem like a fair matchup... Gore is built like a mini tank and I recall him boxing in the offseason to stay in shape when he was in the NFL
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

It also shows what a terrible shape boxing is that something like celebrity boxing gets as much publicity.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

UFC is far superior. Has been for a while. Plus you don’t get the celebrity participation beyond being a piece of cardboard handing over the belt.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: