THE ELECTION DAY THREAD (****ONE DAY ONLY**** - Personal Attacks = Immediate Suspension)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:
defense wrote:
One is clearly mentally declining and a career fraud. The other is a sociopath and one of the greatest con artists i have ever witnessed.

Biden is mentally declining? Which AM radio host/youtube charlatan told you that?

Nor is he a "career fraud".

Sorry defense, but playing the "both sides are the same" game doesn't is a losing proposition.

No where did I say both are the same. You are projecting your feelings. I have given my opinion based on what I have seen. Neither is fit to be a good president in my opinion, but of course I will vote for the "least worst" as is almost always the case. It just happens to feel like it gets worse every election. Forgive me for not sharing your enthusiasm for the person I'm voting for or the whole process for that matter.

Sleepy Joe if that makes you feel better
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
We should all be encouraged to vote. Yes, there are many who go and vote without doing an ounce of research, but I think when the average person decides to vote they take at least a minimal interest, and often great interest, in educating themselves so to vote responsibly.

Getting people interested in voting is a great means to ensure an educated and reasonable population, while facilitating a stable and healthy democracy. I hope the enthusiasm keeps up beyond this election no matter who runs in the future.

I will take the uninformed voter who participates in the process over the informed voter who abstains due their sense of arrogant entitlement and selfish desire for the process to bow to their every desire.

Elections are not personal limousines that deliver you to your specific destination at your preferred time. They are public transit. You find the route that gets you closest to where you want to be, you show up on its schedule and bide your time until you get to your ultimate destination.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I hope the enthusiasm keeps up beyond this election no matter who runs in the future.

Well . . . I appreciate the sentiment, but you probably haven't seen one of those Trump caravans on the freeway. It's like The Road Warrior meets National Lampoon's Vacation. I'd be okay with turning the enthusiasm down a notch.

Believe it or not, we actually get those here in Southern California. My wife got swallowed up by one a few weeks ago. We know the enthusiasm that is productive versus that which is divisive.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:
defense wrote:
One is clearly mentally declining and a career fraud. The other is a sociopath and one of the greatest con artists i have ever witnessed.

Biden is mentally declining? Which AM radio host/youtube charlatan told you that?

Nor is he a "career fraud".

Sorry defense, but playing the "both sides are the same" game doesn't is a losing proposition.

No where did I say both are the same. You are projecting your feelings. I have given my opinion based on what I have seen. Neither is fit to be a good president in my opinion, but of course I will vote for the "least worst" as is almost always the case. It just happens to feel like it gets worse every election. Forgive me for not sharing your enthusiasm for the person I'm voting for or the whole process for that matter.

Sleepy Joe if that makes you feel better

Fair enough. I think your assessment of Biden is inaccurate and misses a good del of substance, but so be it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Since this is a sticky thread. I'm just going to treat it like a game thread and post pad my stats.

Get the competitive juices flowing
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Since this is a sticky thread. I'm just going to treat it like a game thread and post pad my stats.

Get the competitive juices flowing

We gonna have QFTOS?
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject:

Voted by mail long ago, verified online that my ballot was counted. Pretty easy choice between a sane man with a sense of dignity and a grasp of the fundamentals of government vs. a washed up B-list celeb desperate for attention, who constantly behaves like a spoiled child and generally expresses himself like some twisted hybrid of a cartoonish dictator and a third-rate amateur comedian and in 4 years on the job demonstrated no understanding of nor interest in competently performing the duties of a president.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Just 52% of the Atlanta district's ballots, and 69% of ballots in wide swaths of North Carolina moved on-time on Sunday and Monday, the USPS reported. The two districts had the lowest processing scores in the US.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/election-results-and-news-11-03-20/index.html

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Quote:
Just 52% of the Atlanta district's ballots, and 69% of ballots in wide swaths of North Carolina moved on-time on Sunday and Monday, the USPS reported. The two districts had the lowest processing scores in the US.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/election-results-and-news-11-03-20/index.html

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject:

I was happy to see Hillary melt down 4 years ago. I don’t think that either candidate this time is worth a vote. If I vote with my wallet it would be Trump all the way, if by morals maybe Biden? Though I am not a fan of guys who steal other people’s wives. I will follow my buddy Napoleon and vote for Pedro.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I was happy to see Hillary melt down 4 years ago. I don’t think that either candidate this time is worth a vote. If I vote with my wallet it would be Trump all the way, if by morals maybe Biden? Though I am not a fan of guys who steal other people’s wives. I will follow my buddy Napoleon and vote for Pedro.

Then don't complain about either Trump or Biden when they do something you don't like in the future. Knowing it will be one or the other, refusing to choose eliminates any right you have for criticizing either moving forward in my mind.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

Ill accept either. I naturally believe in Republican ideals which is not surprising given my career choice in the army and high finance. That said I do think for the most part Biden is what is needed for the country more than Trump.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

My son's first presidential election vote today. He stood in line in Missouri for and hour and forty-five minutes at the crack of dawn this morning. When he left, he said the line looked like it was a mile long.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
My son's first presidential election vote today. He stood in line in Missouri for and hour and forty-five minutes at the crack of dawn this morning. When he left, he said the line looked like it was a mile long.

Proud of your son. Disheartened by the line.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

There's a valuable lesson here for young people: Don't wait until Election Day to vote. I'm not criticizing -- it took me a long time to learn that lesson.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Ill accept either. I naturally believe in Republican ideals which is not surprising given my career choice in the army and high finance. That said I do think for the most part Biden is what is needed for the country more than Trump.

If you said conservative, I'd be inclined to at least understand the sentiment if not the conclusion, but given what GOP principles seem to be at the moment (over 40 court cases trying to deny voters the right to vote is a good starting point, and not a single pro voter lawsuit), hard to follow that one.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

There's a valuable lesson here for young people: Don't wait until Election Day to vote. I'm not criticizing -- it took me a long time to learn that lesson.

First time... prob go ahead and experience it, I mean this year is different with the whole pandemic and voter suppresions but it's a good feeling to wait on the line and vote in person
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

First time... prob go ahead and experience it, I mean this year is different with the whole pandemic and voter suppresions but it's a good feeling to wait on the line and vote in person

true. you should atleast go once to vote inperson. a different experience and 1 that we should all have
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

If you said conservative, I'd be inclined to at least understand the sentiment if not the conclusion, but given what GOP principles seem to be at the moment (over 40 court cases trying to deny voters the right to vote is a good starting point, and not a single pro voter lawsuit), hard to follow that one.

To me Republican ideals are syonymous with Conservative ideals. Conservatives such as myself have nothing left really to support if not the Republican party. Do you vote for a turd who is one of your own or a party that is essentially the adversary that has a better candidate.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

To me Republican ideals are syonymous with Conservative ideals. Conservatives such as myself have nothing left really to support if not the Republican party

There are a number on conservative Democrats, but more to the point, which of those ideals trumps (no pun actually intended) the blatant anti democracy and racism and kleptocracy? In other words, how much worse would Trump and the party have to behave before that's more important than taxes and such?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject:

^I vote for protecting our institutions of government (checks/balances) and political independence of our law enforcement, then worry about policy later. if the house is on fire, you ask the neighbor you hate who has the hose to help you regardless of the fact you wished the neighbor you like could.

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

I’m a permanent absentee voter and it’s such a pleasure. No lines, can take my time with my ballot, and here in California at least we can track our ballots now to ensure they’ve been received and recorded. Nobody should ever have to stand in a line all day to record a vote.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

true. you should atleast go once to vote inperson. a different experience and 1 that we should all have

Oh, I always vote in person. I would never trust the USPS to deliver my ballot, even in ordinary times. Besides, I find it satisfying to go through the physical experience of democracy. I like to thank the poll workers for taking the time to make the system work. (They always seem a little surprised, and pleased, that someone recognizes this.)

But this does not mean that I would want to stand in line on Election Day for a few hours. That's the lesson for young people. This year, I was in and out in about 10-15 minutes on the first day of early voting. Get off my grass.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

To me Republican ideals are syonymous with Conservative ideals. Conservatives such as myself have nothing left really to support if not the Republican party

There are a number on conservative Democrats, but more to the point, which of those ideals trumps (no pun actually intended) the blatant anti democracy and racism and kleptocracy? In other words, how much worse would Trump and the party have to behave before that's more important than taxes and such?

Frankly, the screw up would have to be catastrophic. Covid almost did it for me, not just with the numbers but his leadership in regards to it
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject:

The Shop: Uninterrupted | President Obama Special (Full Episode) HBO
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: