THE ELECTION DAY THREAD (****ONE DAY ONLY**** - Personal Attacks = Immediate Suspension)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Ill accept either. I naturally believe in Republican ideals which is not surprising given my career choice in the army and high finance. That said I do think for the most part Biden is what is needed for the country more than Trump.

If you said conservative, I'd be inclined to at least understand the sentiment if not the conclusion, but given what GOP principles seem to be at the moment (over 40 court cases trying to deny voters the right to vote is a good starting point, and not a single pro voter lawsuit), hard to follow that one.

To me Republican ideals are syonymous with Conservative ideals. Conservatives such as myself have nothing left really to support if not the Republican party

There are a number on conservative Democrats, but more to the point, which of those ideals trumps (no pun actually intended) the blatant anti democracy and racism and kleptocracy? In other words, how much worse would Trump and the party have to behave before that's more important than taxes and such?

Frankly, the screw up would have to be catastrophic. Covid almost did it for me, not just with the numbers but his leadership in regards to it

Well, thanks at least for the honesty. So many conservatives walk me around in circles when I point out that the principles of actual freedom, voting rights, equality, standing in the world, rule of law, and common decency (none of which are screw ups, but deliberate BTW) should seem to have some priority over taxes and regulation and ultimately, tribe.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
The Shop: Uninterrupted | President Obama Special (Full Episode) HBO

Thanks King! Worth the watch. LBJ, Obama, and Maverick Carter discuss social issues.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
My son's first presidential election vote today. He stood in line in Missouri for and hour and forty-five minutes at the crack of dawn this morning. When he left, he said the line looked like it was a mile long.

There's a valuable lesson here for young people: Don't wait until Election Day to vote. I'm not criticizing -- it took me a long time to learn that lesson.

First time... prob go ahead and experience it, I mean this year is different with the whole pandemic and voter suppresions but it's a good feeling to wait on the line and vote in person

true. you should atleast go once to vote inperson. a different experience and 1 that we should all have

Oh, I always vote in person. I would never trust the USPS to deliver my ballot, even in ordinary times. Besides, I find it satisfying to go through the physical experience of democracy. I like to thank the poll workers for taking the time to make the system work. (They always seem a little surprised, and pleased, that someone recognizes this.)

But this does not mean that I would want to stand in line on Election Day for a few hours. That's the lesson for young people. This year, I was in and out in about 10-15 minutes on the first day of early voting. Get off my grass.

We are fortunate to have all mail balloting backed up by plentiful drop boxes to bypass the postal issue.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
The Shop: Uninterrupted | President Obama Special (Full Episode) HBO

Thanks King! Worth the watch. LBJ, Obama, and Maverick Carter discuss social issues.

The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

Really hoping for a Game 6 performance out of Biden (he is the Lakers in this analogy, to be clear).
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Really hoping for a Game 6 performance out of Biden (he is the Lakers in this analogy, to be clear).

It will play out like game 6. I expect a large Lakers lead, followed by the Heat making it closer once the Lakers take their foot off the peddle, but ultimately a Lakers win for the title!

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Vote him out!

Lock him up!

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
My son's first presidential election vote today. He stood in line in Missouri for and hour and forty-five minutes at the crack of dawn this morning. When he left, he said the line looked like it was a mile long.

There's a valuable lesson here for young people: Don't wait until Election Day to vote. I'm not criticizing -- it took me a long time to learn that lesson.

First time... prob go ahead and experience it, I mean this year is different with the whole pandemic and voter suppresions but it's a good feeling to wait on the line and vote in person

true. you should atleast go once to vote inperson. a different experience and 1 that we should all have

Oh, I always vote in person. I would never trust the USPS to deliver my ballot, even in ordinary times. Besides, I find it satisfying to go through the physical experience of democracy. I like to thank the poll workers for taking the time to make the system work. (They always seem a little surprised, and pleased, that someone recognizes this.)

But this does not mean that I would want to stand in line on Election Day for a few hours. That's the lesson for young people. This year, I was in and out in about 10-15 minutes on the first day of early voting. Get off my grass.

We are fortunate to have all mail balloting backed up by plentiful drop boxes to bypass the postal issue.

I don't trust drop boxes. I viewed a few in the Los Angeles area. They were marked heavily with graffiti. Took my ballot to a polling place. Didn't have to stand in line. Was allowed to drop my ballot in the secure indoor ballot collecter. My ballot was delivered to the Registrars office that evening. I registered for ballottrax. 2 days after I dropped my ballot I was notified it was received and would be counted. I was notified by email, text, and phone message.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

I voted early in-person yesterday (Mon) at mid-morning in SD. It was lovely.

No line, helpful and cheerful poll workers (many young people this year).

As I was leaving, a first time voter came in and they all clapped and announced it. I thanked several of the poll workers for volunteering and complemented how well they had planned everything.

Large space, great flow, well-designed for virus prevention. Ample parking.

I had pre-marked my sample ballot and was in and out in 10 min max.

One worker told me the entire list of voters was on-line and they had access so that if someone showed up at the wrong poll space they could still vote. The first time voter was being helped with an address change as I was leaving.

5 minute drive from my home, and I passed a manned drop box as an alternative on my way. Plus electronic ballot tracing.

This is what voting in the US should be, not long lines and confusion and missing registrations and "poll watchers" intimidating voters.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject:

What are you all doing to get you through what for many will be stress piled on top of stress. Got liquor? Got reefer? Maybe a fresh carton of Pall Malls?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
What are you all doing to get you through what for many will be stress piled on top of stress. Got liquor? Got reefer? Maybe a fresh carton of Pall Malls?

Johnny Black
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Valerian Root Tea calms the nerves.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:

Love is all you need.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

We had our governor limit the drop boxes to one per county. That's great for Loving County (population 134). It's problematic for Harris County (population 4,713,325). It pleases me to see that voter turnout has been high despite all of the petty attempts at suppression.

But for me, I wouldn't trust a box. There are people who have tried to screw with drop boxes. No one is going to burn my ballot. I'll take the time to manually enter my votes into the system.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Johnny Black

I got him and his Uncle Green, along with some Dewars 12 and Hibiki. and Lagavulin in case of emergency. Should be set for the evening.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:

Guess I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Johnny Black

I got him and his Uncle Green, along with some Dewars 12 and Hibiki. and Lagavulin in case of emergency. Should be set for the evening.

Mixing up French Connections for the after dinner telethon tonight.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Johnny Black

Hey guys, we got us an aristocrat!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Johnny Black

nice. Got myself some nice Dalmore, Cigar Malt
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Johnny Black

Probably going with an old fashioned with Angel's Envy.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Johnny Black

Trump is a dilemma for me: take his tax cuts and spend eternity in hell, or do the right thing and pay my fair share in a country that actually tries to be the City Shining on the Hill?

Oh well, I'll pay the extra couple of bucks and vote Biden. I probably should pay more taxes than my secretary, since my salary is 7 times hers.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:

Stress actually doesn't exist. It is mostly a result of bad food and eating habits.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Stress actually doesn't exist. It is mostly a result of bad food and eating habits.

Only problem is I need to binge on bad food to lower my stress levels
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

LOL. This has been your bad medical advice for the day.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Johnny Black

Trump is a dilemma for me: take his tax cuts and spend eternity in hell, or do the right thing and pay my fair share in a country that actually tries to be the City Shining on the Hill?

Oh well, I'll pay the extra couple of bucks and vote Biden. I probably should pay more taxes than my secretary, since my salary is 7 times hers.

You're a giver my friend. Next up, a raise for whomever that poor soul is...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: