DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Secondly, Schröder would help the Lakers win the non-LeBron minutes. Last season, the Lakers went from averaging 112.1 points per 100 possessions with James on the court to 105.2 with him on the bench. That was the difference between the Lakers ranking seventh in offensive efficiency and 29th. Schröder could give them the firepower they need to better survive the minutes James is off the court, giving them another scorer to pair with Davis.

An encouraging sign: Oklahoma City averaged 111.6 points per 100 possessions with Schröder on the court and Chris Paul on the bench last season. The Lakers would do backflips if Schröder could make a similar impact in Los Angeles because they wouldn't have to rely as much on James entering his age 36 season.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/news/dennis-schr%C3%B6der-would-make-the-los-angeles-lakers-even-scarier/ar-BB1b2olx
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Quote:
Secondly, Schröder would help the Lakers win the non-LeBron minutes. Last season, the Lakers went from averaging 112.1 points per 100 possessions with James on the court to 105.2 with him on the bench. That was the difference between the Lakers ranking seventh in offensive efficiency and 29th. Schröder could give them the firepower they need to better survive the minutes James is off the court, giving them another scorer to pair with Davis.

An encouraging sign: Oklahoma City averaged 111.6 points per 100 possessions with Schröder on the court and Chris Paul on the bench last season. The Lakers would do backflips if Schröder could make a similar impact in Los Angeles because they wouldn't have to rely as much on James entering his age 36 season.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/news/dennis-schr%C3%B6der-would-make-the-los-angeles-lakers-even-scarier/ar-BB1b2olx

forgot we were 29th out of 30 without LeBron
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject:

Lakers were a minus 3 points per 100 possessions with LBJ on the bench. That's with AD playing, etc.

Dennis/Trez will inject much needed life to this team. So excited. Since it's likely Giannis extends, I could see Dennis being extended as part of a core future group to keep around AD too.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

How does Schroeder compare with Nick Van Exel? Is there some kind of similarity?
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

I'm really excited to see what he can do.

California Uber Alles!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dennis Schröder will address the media for the first time as a Laker tomorrow at 1 PT.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Dennis Schröder will address the media for the first time as a Laker tomorrow at 1 PT.

Thanks for the heads up
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

finally
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

want to see if he is stuck on being a starter or happy to be 6th man
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Not sure if it's old news, but Dennis Schröder told German news outlet @mopo that a prerequisite for him signing with the Lakers was a guaranteed spot in the starting five @NickVanExit

https://twitter.com/philipkearney10/status/1333442449746882560?s=21

Also full article:
https://twitter.com/lakerfilmroom/status/1333452160831406082?s=21
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject:

But he didn't sign with the Lakers, he was traded to the Lakers by OKC
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
But he didn't sign with the Lakers, he was traded to the Lakers by OKC

Could be that it’s just old, who knows.

I don’t get the starting 5 thing tbh. I know it’s somewhat ego, but Schroder and Harrell end up playing starter minutes anyway.

On the opposite end is JaVale, who starts, but doesn’t usually play more than 10-15 min.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject:

He may not have signed with the Lakers, but he knows they hope to keep him around long-term. So he has some leverage. For what it's worth, he also implied on Instagram not too long ago that he'll be a starter. Good to know, if true. My hope has always been that he would start.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject:

This isn‘t old. He made the requirement in pre trade talks.
He said „they(Lakers) know that this is my requirement to be the starting point guard“

In german it sounds like „let me start or don‘t trade for me“

For me DS was the wrong choice
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject:

Well Dennis (if true), how about forcing Frank to play you to close out games instead of worrying about starting. The end of the game is money time. Starting means dick.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject:

I don't know what you all are getting so excited about - it was 100% obvious when they traded for Schro that he'd be starting, for the also obvious reason of greatly reducing Lebron's workload. Everybody and their brother has known that Lebron has to work a lot harder when he's the guy bringing the ball up the court - and everybody has known that reducing that workload will extend Lebrons career - which would be a good thing for the Lakers.

This is fairly simple, and you only have to look at last season to see the solution.
Last season, they took Lebron out in the first quarter several minutes earlier then LBJ's done in the past. But they left AD in. Then they brought Lebron back, and rested AD.
Now instead of AD alone, just say AD & Schro (who both have young legs, and can play more continuous minutes)
Lebron comes out earlier, AD & Schro stay in. Than Lebron comes back in, AD & Shro sit for a few. Just like they did last season, except now we have Schro.
In this scenario, Lebron's got a ballhandler to reduce his work load, and when LBJ sits, AD's got a better PG then Rondo. When LBJ comes back in, he's the PG for a few minutes - just like he was when AD sat this year.
Everyone is happy, and we reduce LBJ's workload - which hopefully keeps him playing high level ball for LAL for several more years.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject:

matigol wrote:
He said „they(Lakers) know that this is my requirement to be the starting point guard“

1. It wasn't a sign and trade
2. Haven't heard anything about a trade kicker being waived

So...

Did Cleveland negotiate with Javale McGee before the Lakers traded him away?
Did Danny Green negotiate with OKC or Philadelphia before he got traded?
Same goes for any player that was under contract and just got traded...

Under contract players don't have any say so. There's no reason for the team trading for them to discuss anything with them during "pre-trade". And they can't unless their current team explicitly gives them an okay to do so.

The way the German article is phrased makes me think that Dennis asked OKC to make him the starter next year. I doubt that he actually had this discussion with the Lakers prior to being traded.

Maybe we'll hear more when Dennis Schröder when he addresses the media today 1 PM PST.

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1333220509178232833

Quote:

Harrison Film Room @hmfaigen 18h

Harrison Film Room @hmfaigen 17h I will not be on this Zoom so follow
@RadRivas for updates.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
I don't know what you all are getting so excited about - it was 100% obvious when they traded for Schro that he'd be starting, for the also obvious reason of greatly reducing Lebron's workload. Everybody and their brother has known that Lebron has to work a lot harder when he's the guy bringing the ball up the court - and everybody has known that reducing that workload will extend Lebrons career - which would be a good thing for the Lakers.

This is fairly simple, and you only have to look at last season to see the solution.
Last season, they took Lebron out in the first quarter several minutes earlier then LBJ's done in the past. But they left AD in. Then they brought Lebron back, and rested AD.
Now instead of AD alone, just say AD & Schro (who both have young legs, and can play more continuous minutes)
Lebron comes out earlier, AD & Schro stay in. Than Lebron comes back in, AD & Shro sit for a few. Just like they did last season, except now we have Schro.
In this scenario, Lebron's got a ballhandler to reduce his work load, and when LBJ sits, AD's got a better PG then Rondo. When LBJ comes back in, he's the PG for a few minutes - just like he was when AD sat this year.
Everyone is happy, and we reduce LBJ's workload - which hopefully keeps him playing high level ball for LAL for several more years.

This sounds completely reasonable And it's good to get that connection up if we're looking to pair the two together for years going forward

And of course what happens in the regular season is no indication of what happens comes playoff time as well
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:

Interesting break down. IMO Schroder should not emphasize starting but still play 32-35 mpg.

Do we know if James has agreed to having the ball taken out of his hands?

Going to interesting to see how the team adapts to this new style of play, if James can play off ball more and most importantly how they play defense as a team. They lost a lot of defensive IQ to get younger and add offense. How will it effect the long term defense?

Coaches have their work cut out for them. None of these things are easy transitions.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
matigol wrote:

So...

Under contract players don't have any say so. There's no reason for the team trading for them to discuss anything with them during "pre-trade". And they can't unless their current team explicitly gives them an okay to do so.

The way the German article is phrased makes me think that Dennis asked OKC to make him the starter next year. I doubt that he actually had this discussion with the Lakers prior to being traded.

Maybe we'll hear more when Dennis Schröder when he addresses the media today 1 PM PST.

Quote:

@RadRivas for updates.

That literally makes no sense.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject:

You guys must be in complete denial if you don’t think Rob and Vogel can talk Schroeder into accepting any role they did it with Dwight, if the Lakers need Schroeder to be the 6th man I’m sure they can work it out.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Jeannie and Linda always showing that the Lakers are a Classy Organization.
On Dennis’ Wife’s IG Live they are showing the sweet spread the Lakers booked for them at the Ritz Carlton in Marina Del Rey until they find a house in LA.

Looks like the Presidential Suite. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say they expect to have a long term relationship with DS
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
P.K. wrote:

Interesting break down. IMO Schroder should not emphasize starting but still play 32-35 mpg.

Do we know if James has agreed to having the ball taken out of his hands?

Going to interesting to see how the team adapts to this new style of play, if James can play off ball more and most importantly how they play defense as a team. They lost a lot of defensive IQ to get younger and add offense. How will it effect the long term defense?

Coaches have their work cut out for them. None of these things are easy transitions.

I don't know that you take the ball completely out of Lebron's hands. Lebron likes to attack from the top of the key. I'd suspect this'll be more like Kyrie in Cleveland - Schro brings the ball up, starts the initial attack, and if that doesn't happen, LBJ rotates to the top of the key and Shro rotates to the elbow extended or the wing - where his spot up 3pt shooting keeps defenders from sagging on LBJ. Not to mention, defenders closing out on Schro will pay when he uses his burst to blow by them for the midrange. These things open up a lot more space in the lane for both Lebron and AD

I don't know any of this for sure, but it seems logical based on what Schro brings to the team, what LAL did last year, and even how LBJ worked off Rondo sometimes.

I'd also guess that Schro WILL absolutely want to start - his contract is up this year, and starting PG's get more $$$ then backup PG's.

I'd also add that when you start thinking about On/Off combos, the possibilities become endless when you add in Trez and Gasol.

That LBJ/AD/Shro ON/OFF scenario becomes a lot more interesting if you think about LBJ coming back in and running with a reliable scorer like Trez..
or even running Gasol roughly the same On/Off as outlined earlier with LBJ
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI

Last edited by P.K. on Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
matigol wrote:

So...

Quote:

@RadRivas for updates.

That literally makes no sense.

Okay, I'm not German nor do I speak it. Maybe you know better.

Here's the original German interview:

https://www.mopo.de/sport/towers/nba-star-im-mopo-interview-dennis-schroeder--hamburg-towers-machen-die-liga-besser-37666710

Here's that part of the interview:
Quote:
Als Starter?

Ja, das war für mich Bedingung. Ein, zwei Jahre in Oklahoma Erfahrung sammeln und dann wieder von Anfang an auf dem Feld stehen – das war immer der Plan. Das habe ich mir erarbeitet. Und die Lakers wissen, was sie an mir haben. Ich gebe immer alles – ob ich in blau oder lila-gelb spiele, ganz egal.

Here's the google english translation:
Quote:
As a Starter?

Yes, that was a condition for me. Gaining experience in Oklahoma for a year or two and then back on the field from the beginning - that was always the plan. I worked that out for myself. And the Lakers know what they got in me. I always give everything - whether I play in blue or purple-yellow, it doesn't matter.

But, if it was a precondition/requirement, the more correct German word is Voraussetzung and not Bedingung. It could be either, but again, since it's tampering for the Lakers to talk to Schröder before trading for him, there's a very good chance they did not talk prior.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-Bedingung-and-Voraussetzung-in-German

Quote:
What is the difference between "Bedingung" and "Voraussetzung" in German?
Jens Hartmann, German living in Australia
Answered August 12, 2018 · Author has 1.7K answers and 1.2M answer views
I thought about this for a bit, and I guess the easiest way to describe the difference is through this translation:

Bedingung = condition

Voraussetzung = precondition

For example if you are applying for a job they could tell you that it is a “Voraussetzung” that you have good Microsoft Office skills, which means they expect you to have those skills when you start the job.

If they tell you it’s a “Bedingung” of the job to work with Office, then that might allow you to learn it as you work your way into the job. In any case I would ask, as “Bedingung” in particular is often used for both, condition and precondition, whereas “Voraussetzung” is more clearly referring to preconditions.

I hope this makes sense.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Jeannie and Linda always showing that the Lakers are a Classy Organization.
On Dennis’ Wife’s IG Live they are showing the sweet spread the Lakers booked for them at the Ritz Carlton in Marina Del Rey until they find a house in LA.

Looks like the Presidential Suite. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say they expect to have a long term relationship with DS

Nice. Jeanie has really brought the Lakers back to first class.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 33 of 284
Jump to: