Thank you MARC GASOL - traded with 2024 second pick to Memphis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

I've been Gasol's worse critic....but he has played better the last few games especially his last game was very solid....I'm biased because I love athletic bigs that can run the floor, play D, block shots and catch lobs. Most of the things Gasol can't do...but he is smart, plays position D, good passer and can hit an occasional 3....Just hope he keeps getting better and if we need an athletic big we have Jones.

Were you a fan of Pau? Jokic?

Athletic bigs without skill = Noel. They still serve a purpose and provide value but limited. Rare to find a big that has the best traits of both type of players - Embid.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
King Randle wrote:

I've been Gasol's worse critic....but he has played better the last few games especially his last game was very solid....I'm biased because I love athletic bigs that can run the floor, play D, block shots and catch lobs. Most of the things Gasol can't do...but he is smart, plays position D, good passer and can hit an occasional 3....Just hope he keeps getting better and if we need an athletic big we have Jones.

Were you a fan of Pau? Jokic?

Athletic bigs without skill = Noel. They still serve a purpose and provide value but limited. Rare to find a big that has the best traits of both type of players - Embid.

I was a big fan of Pau...who was actually more athletic than Marc, long arms, blocked shots....I like Jokic a lot on offense but defensively I think he leaves a lot to be desired.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject:

if gasol keeps slowly improving, then what we witnessed earlier was an older lazy out of shape big man would chose to eat bon bons as opposed to staying sharp and in shape over the off season.

and the older you are when you "go that route", the longer it takes to get tuned up for the season.

marc is nowhere near what he was, but he has bit more left in the tank than his early performances indicated.

still not a long term plan for a center obviously.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
if gasol keeps slowly improving, then what we witnessed earlier was an older lazy out of shape big man would chose to eat bon bons as opposed to staying sharp and in shape over the off season.

and the older you are when you "go that route", the longer it takes to get tuned up for the season.

marc is nowhere near what he was, but he has bit more left in the tank than his early performances indicated.

still not a long term plan for a center obviously.

Just like fat Luka showed up this season for the Mavs. Finally played himself into shape. Remember Jokic early last year. Swollen and I commented on that. Got himself in shape by the half way point. It happens and considering the short offseason then understandable.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

So apparently Marc is out under COVID protocols. Sheesh.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject:

This was the question from the start - you can't bank on 36 year old Gasol playing every game and when he is out, you have only AD + Trezz? Now without AD (who you also know will miss games) you only got Trezz??

Thankfully Rob picked up Damian Jones, hopefully he can jump on this opportunity and ball out.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
So apparently Marc is out under COVID protocols. Sheesh.

wow.. hopefully Dame is ready to play
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
This was the question from the start - you can't bank on 36 year old Gasol playing every game and when he is out, you have only AD + Trezz? Now without AD (who you also know will miss games) you only got Trezz??

Thankfully Rob picked up Damian Jones, hopefully he can jump on this opportunity and ball out.

This was my concern from day 1. And now here we are.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Ya'll were talking about injury. Not "What if he gets put into COVID protocols".
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ya'll were talking about injury. Not "What if he gets put into COVID protocols".

Wrong. Go check my posts. I said injury risk, Marc’s age, and a crazy Covid year. We are finally getting hit with Covid stuff. We have carried too much dead weight all season. Finally got rid of Cook at least.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ya'll were talking about injury.
Not "What if he gets put into COVID protocols".

Wrong. Go check my posts. I said injury risk,

That's exactly what I just said.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:51 am    Post subject:

Could have used him badly tonight. Trez against Ayton was just terrible to watch.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ya'll were talking about injury.
Not "What if he gets put into COVID protocols".

Wrong. Go check my posts. I said injury risk,

That's exactly what I just said.

Nice job selectively cutting out what I said.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Love him or hate him, we def could’ve used his interior D today. Lakers had no protection down low.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:19 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Love him or hate him, we def could’ve used his interior D today. Lakers had no protection down low.

Agreed, I don’t think the Kings would have had the same lay line up today had Gasol played.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:

Agreed, I don’t think the Kings would have had the same lay line up today had Gasol played.

They almost looked shocked the few minutes Jones played with his small splash of protection. Then Dudley came back in and all was right in the world for the entire Kings roster once again.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject:

So we good with Marc now? sounds like at up to 20mpg, bout 8ppg/6rpg/1.5bpg, he's close enough to Dwight on D plus stretch the floor (being our most accurate sniper lately)
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject:

Covid protocol? He hasn't played in a good while. I'm guessing he got Covid.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Covid protocol? He hasn't played in a good while. I'm guessing he got Covid.

That's what I would have thought for sure if not for Dennis's remarks about it a few days ago...

Quote:
“Even if you are healthy and in the health and safety protocols, you still try to get the work in. I mean, I think the situation with Marc is even worse than mine. But at the end of the day, we can’t control that. We just got to do our things that we can control but … it’s some B.S., for sure.”

Doesn't seem like he'd call it BS and say Gasol's situation is worse then his if he actually had it but who knows for sure. It's def. odd that he's held out this long if he doesn't have it.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
So we good with Marc now? sounds like at up to 20mpg, bout 8ppg/6rpg/1.5bpg, he's close enough to Dwight on D plus stretch the floor (being our most accurate sniper lately)

Definitely missed his presence and how he space the floor for Lakers slashers to penetrate nore easily in the paint . Without him Bron and THT needed to bully there way to the paint with opponents center waiting for them. DS was the one who's production gone down because of lack of spacing in absence of Gasol.

Also his playmaking and accurate 3pt shooting.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

We're going to need him at his best to have a chance to win another chip. And I think he'll show us his best in the playoffs.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

Been comparing gasol this season to bogut’s age 29 season with gsw (his best with the warriors imo) due to a slight similarity in their roles. Obviously gasol is already at a disadvantage basing it on age alone, but their per 36 numbers are not that far off. Their blk and stls numbers are very similar. Bogut smokes gasol on rebounds but that’s understandable since gasol spends a lot of time behind the arc with his value as a spacer. Gasol is also obviously a better passer altho bogut is decent in this area as well.

It’s amazing to think gasol at his age can still produce enough to compared to a prime bogut. Looking forward to getting this guy back.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:

Definitely missed his presence and how he space the floor for Lakers slashers to penetrate nore easily in the paint . Without him Bron and THT needed to bully there way to the paint with opponents center waiting for them. DS was the one who's production gone down because of lack of spacing in absence of Gasol.

hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:

Yeah, it's a shame this covid protocol absence had to happen when it did because Marc was absolutely balling in his role and there is no doubt Dennis was a huge benefactor because of it like you said. Hopefully when he comes back he is still playing close to how he was before it all especially with so many other guys stepping up post ASB.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject:

I'm looking forward to Marc being activated soon. Here is a video from Tim ( Cranjis ) about this year defense and comparing it with last year's.

Lakers new defense
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 37 of 65
Jump to: