Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
His offense is so crucial to this team that I think Vogel should design a defensive strategy to hide his weakness

That’s easy. Stop letting him guard bigger guys

Then who's guarding the bigger guys?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
His offense is so crucial to this team that I think Vogel should design a defensive strategy to hide his weakness

DAMETIME JONES
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

DAMETIME JONES

So you want to put two non-shooters on the floor? good luck with that
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

AD or gasol
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
governator wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

DAMETIME JONES

So you want to put two non-shooters on the floor? good luck with that

It’s a dream but for now it’s Gasol-Trez. It is what it is
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

AD or gasol

You can't put both Harrell and Gasol together on the floor too much now because we don't have other option at the center spot.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Trezz is our rich man Kenneth Faried
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Nice all around game by Trezl. 17 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists and solid defense.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject:

He’s been doing this all year
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Trezz is our rich man Kenneth Faried

Fact, with a jumper
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

AD or gasol

You can't put both Harrell and Gasol together on the floor too much now because we don't have other option at the center spot.

Clippers- backup big Zu, Trezz might struggle, but Vogel can match up Trezz with ibaka, Trezz might guard him better
Nuggets- Trezz can handle their bigs other than Jokic
Jazz- favors, should be fine for Trezz to guard
Nets- Vogel just needs to find a way to avoid matching up Trezz with DJ, any of their 4s can’t guard Trezz at all
So, Trezz will be fine in the playoffs, and his offense is badly needed
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

lol remember when ppl said that we overpaid for him
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:23 am    Post subject:

A keeper!
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:50 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

AD or gasol

Clippers- backup big Zu, Trezz might struggle, but Vogel can match up Trezz with ibaka, Trezz might guard him better
Nets- Vogel just needs to find a way to avoid matching up Trezz with DJ, any of their 4s can’t guard Trezz at all

I expect Trezz's minutes to go up come playoffs, barring any big trades or buyouts happening
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

AD or gasol

I expect Trezz's minutes to go up come playoffs, barring any big trades or buyouts happening

Completely agree. Trezz weakness can be hidden as you described. He seems to be contributing at least 13 to 15 points on a nightly basis even when the Lakers had that 4 game losing streak. He is consistent and the that’s at 60 percent fg percentage. Doesn’t seem to be a lot of NBA guys off the bench that can do this. I think I only remember a small number of games where he didn’t contribute. The Lakers definitely need to find a way to keep him on the court.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

It’s funny everyone wants dh but wasn’t he noticeably on the pine during post season. Just like people wanting Avery. He didn’t play in post season.

Now trezz a guy everyone is nit picking his faults is a guy most think will be more valuable during playoffs.

Isn’t that what we want
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject:

Any idea why Trez didn't play in the second half...I know he wasn't needed...but still could have gotten 5-6 minute run.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Any idea why Trez didn't play in the second half...I know he wasn't needed...but still could have gotten 5-6 minute run.

You could tell Vogel was talking to Trez in the third quarter when he was about to sub in at his regular time slot. I think Vogel told him that they want to test out Damian Jones to see how they would mesh together. I think Harrell understood and let that play out
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
King Randle wrote:

You could tell Vogel was talking to Trez in the third quarter when he was about to sub in at his regular time slot. I think Vogel told him that they want to test out Damian Jones to see how they would mesh together. I think Harrell understood and let that play out

Yeah, considering it was a blowout especially it was a perfect time to see what Jones had and give him as much burn as possible in garbage time minutes to get his feet wet.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject:

The situation with Montrez playing out of position and Vogel not using him correctly is 100% on Rob Pelinka.

Montrez Harrell is NOT a natural center.

He played power forward in college and was recruited by the Rockets into the NBA as a 4. Houston wanted to experiment with their failed "small ball" theories and converted Harrell into a center. Clippers picked up Harrell from Houston and used him at the 5 spot due to his length and propensity to score on slower centers. That said, whenever he is confronted by a true center, he gets outplayed.

Because Rob rightfully wanted to steal Harrell from the Clippers, he brought in Harrell at the expense of the centers we had. It was a gamble; but this put Vogel in the hotseat because Vogel is a defensive coach, and his defensive combo of Dwight/McGee, the one that won us the Ring last season, was dissolved. Rob played a chess match and Vogel lost.

So Harrell was stuck on this Lakers team as a center, but he has already gone on record as stating that he likes to play facing the basket, ala AD on the elbow, as opposed to down low. In other words, Harrell wants to go back to playing the power forward.

But again, because Rob completely f'd up our center package, we only have an aged Gasol at center, and then the undersized Harrell. Harrell is stuck backing up Gasol and essentially playing the most minutes at the 5, and finishing games there with Kieff sometimes helping or AD moving over.

Fast forward up to now when we have Damian Jones; Rob must have finally heard the pleas of Vogel to get him a real center. But Rob is still playing the chess match; waiting for the buyout game to kick off so he a higher quality center on this team. Does he know something? I'm sure he does. We just have to trust Rob on this one.

So Damian becomes the band aide to appease Vogel. But Damian may be able to be sufficient at the 5. If this happens, and if he's confirmed to be the backup to Gasol, then I suspect Rob will push for defensive wing instead of a center, and Vogel will start using Harrell at his natural position, the power forward, where he will be most effective. Remember, a front court of Lebron at the small, Harrell at the power, and AD at the center, come those certain playoff games when it's needed, will bring size, athleticism, scoring, and rebounding, with good defense to boot.

Until then, Montrez Harrell will continue to play out of position, and Vogel will continue to not use him properly, thus making both he and Vogel seem confused and inept at what they're suppose to be doing.

We can thank Rob Pelinka for that. This is all on Rob. Lets see if he can fix what he broke...
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject:

Harrell doesn't have an outside jumper so if you want to play him at the power forward spot, you need to have a stretch five who can also cover Harrell's defensive liability. AD sounds like a good compliment piece but he doesn't want to play at the center spot. You also don't want to play Harrell at the final few minutes because you want to space out the floor for LBJ.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject:

Why not just use him exclusively as PF, he did good playing PF alongside DH amd Capela on the rockets team. Let him play his natural position and not make the same mistake as the flippers did..

If he can play with DH and Capela why not with Gasol and Jones?

Last edited by leking006 on Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Harrell doesn't have an outside jumper so if you want to play him at the power forward spot, you need to have a stretch five who can also cover Harrell's defensive liability. AD sounds like a good compliment piece but he doesn't want to play at the center spot. You also don't want to play Harrell at the final few minutes because you want to space out the floor for LBJ.

AD and Gasol.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject:

Last night Vogel said he didn't use Trez because the Suns went small and had Saric in there....So? Trez can guard Saric easily. Instead Dudley got 11 minutes...What the hell? Let's be clear...no one would lose any sleep if Dudley neve played again this year....those minutes should have gone to Trez and he would have played 30 minutes and possibly got a win. Vogel loss. and BTW no one would lose any sleep if Matthews never played again this year. Pathetic signing.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject:

Stupid to match him up on Ayton and bring him out when Saric is in. When Ayton came out MH or Jones would have had a huge advantage.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 42 of 66
Jump to: