Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
Maybe...but I honestly don't see that being a factor.

Does LBJ want to keep Harrell and KCP, or does he want to increase his chances of winning another title?

Mamba Mentality wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
I'm not following...how does he have veto powers?

He doesn't have a no-trade clause, so what's to stop us from dealing him if he's likely going to opt out at years end anyway?

lurklurk wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
I love Trez as much as anyone, but let's look at this realistically:

-Our starting center (for now), Gasol, will be returning shortly.
-AD will be back soon and will play minutes at Center.
-Morris will get some time at center.
-If we add Drummond, that's even less of a factor that Trez will be come playoff time.

Considering Trez can walk at the end of the year and we could lose him for nothing, why not get something for him (like some guard help) if we can?

And it doesnt hurt that we’re getting interests for trez from hornets. But like what was said on the other thread, trez basically has veto powers this year. We are definitely in a tricky spot with him

It's the Klutch factor.

Depends on what Rich Paul wants too. He's not in the business for LeBron to win chips. He also has clients he needs to take care of. Getting KCP the year before LeBron signed was very calculated.

Again, I don't see how it matters if one of his clients gets traded. Whomever it is, the client has his contract. It's guaranteed.

What does it have to do with the Lakers trading someone like Harrell? The Lakers are not allowed to trade him because Rich Paul is his agent...even if it means we could improve the team? It doesn't make sense to me.

He has an opt out clause after this year and will likely exercise it to get more money. So no real point in trading for him since he’ll be gone after the end of this year.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Why he is so soft on paint defense while a beast in offense in the paint? How is that even possible?
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Why he is so soft on paint defense while a beast in offense in the paint? How is that even possible?

Undersized and bad positionally.

Essentially, IMO., he doesn’t know how to play one on one defense effectively.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

He’s very slow on help defense and reaction time on going up for defensive rebounds too.

I just don’t feel like it’s working out in a Vogel scheme tbh.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Plays defense too much with his hands down.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

And then after conceding the basket, he looks at his teammates as if they missed the assignment.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

maximum effort on offense while zero effort on defense. Just waiting in the paint to take a charge or nothing.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject:

man, Rob is in a pickle. i'm sure Trez signed her on the cheap to prove his worth to the league. well, that and he really wanted to be a laker.

if Rob trades him on his "buddy deal"... what does that mean for Trez's value?

and he's acting very cryptic on twitter (which may or not have anything to do with basketball). it sounds like he's saying "no one will give me a clear answer". perhaps around "are you going to trade me?".

someone needs to ask him straight up "Montrez, are you going to resign for all we can offer, which is 20% above MLE?" if you can't answer that, then we can not give you an answer on trading you."
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Dude’s like the offensive version of ben wallace—both 6’7, 240 with 7’2 wingspan
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
man, Rob is in a pickle. i'm sure Trez signed her on the cheap to prove his worth to the league. well, that and he really wanted to be a laker.

if Rob trades him on his "buddy deal"... what does that mean for Trez's value?

and he's acting very cryptic on twitter (which may or not have anything to do with basketball). it sounds like he's saying "no one will give me a clear answer". perhaps around "are you going to trade me?".

someone needs to ask him straight up "Montrez, are you going to resign for all we can offer, which is 20% above MLE?" if you can't answer that, then we can not give you an answer on trading you."

Rob's not in a pickle at all. He'll trade anyone on the roster if it's in the interest of the team to do so, just as players will do what's in their own self-interest. That's life in the NBA.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:01 am    Post subject:

Life without Lebron and AD. Here’s the numbers for the games since Atlanta where he got hurt. The averages

Trez - 34mins 21ppg 8rebs 1blk 64/54
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:48 am    Post subject:

Who cares for his empty numbers. We are losing game after game. His stats are nice, but they mean nothing. He need to step up defensively too.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:56 am    Post subject:

He was 6th man of the year and what did that do for the Clippers? I'm slowly beginning to think we're the suckers here for signing him.

Do you want Trez to score 2 points and our team allow 2 points on the other end or do you want Lebron/AD/DS to score and we don't allow any point on the other end? Just saying.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:29 am    Post subject:

My issue with the Trezz signing was that Rob knew they were going to extend LBJ/AD/Kuz/KCP.

So the future was looking like an over cap team, yet he signed Trezz with our last full MLE knowing that Trezz would likely be a 1 year rental, and then we would only have the mini MLE thereafter.

It might have been better to get a lesser name who was willing to sign a longer term deal. Now, we will be in a major hole if both Dennis/Trezz leave us, and we only have the mini MLE of 5m+ to fill those two holes.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:40 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And then after conceding the basket, he looks at his teammates as if they missed the assignment.

To be fair to him the 4x he looked at tht in that third tht did f up the assignment. He literally switched wrong, didn’t rotate, at one point ran straight into Trez. The run didn’t come in the 4th to Tucker was benched because they had no one to put in any off ball action.

Suns exploited him too off the ball as their announcers pointed out on nba tv their plan was put tht in off ball action where he gets lost and make Wes shoot because he’s been shooting bad all year, and they did that
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
My issue with the Trezz signing was that Rob knew they were going to extend LBJ/AD/Kuz/KCP.

So the future was looking like an over cap team, yet he signed Trezz with our last full MLE knowing that Trezz would likely be a 1 year rental, and then we would only have the mini MLE thereafter.

It might have been better to get a lesser name who was willing to sign a longer term deal. Now, we will be in a major hole if both Dennis/Trezz leave us, and we only have the mini MLE of 5m+ to fill those two holes.

What lesser name? That was the going rate and deal out there. Tristen Thompson and Ibaka got the same deal with the same option. That’s probably what Drummond has to look at too this summer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:55 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What lesser name? That was the going rate and deal out there. Tristen Thompson and Ibaka got the same deal with the same option. That’s probably what Drummond has to look at too this summer.

But the point stands. His deal represented the final use of the full MLE. To use that on a 1 year deal is a bit short sighted. Maybe they intended it that way b/c AC/THT were also upcoming FAs.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But the point stands. His deal represented the final use of the full MLE. To use that on a 1 year deal is a bit short sighted. Maybe they intended it that way b/c AC/THT were also upcoming FAs.

I honestly think they offered that deal and other teams offered that deal because of COVID. No one knew what would have go on with the cap, fans coming back, if they would get cancelled again, etc, and that seemed to be the number and deal that was thrown out to guys. I mean any other summer and you see Trez, Tristen, and Ibaka get more years or varied money. There was so much uncertainty
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:

<snip>

I honestly think they offered that deal and other teams offered that deal because of COVID. No one knew what would have go on with the cap, fans coming back, if they would get cancelled again, etc, and that seemed to be the number and deal that was thrown out to guys. I mean any other summer and you see Trez, Tristen, and Ibaka get more years or varied money. There was so much uncertainty

Don't forget the "blocking move against the Clips" angle.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

The guys who are available for the mle this season were a pretty weak crop. And almost all of them signed for no longer than a two-year deal. I don't think there was a lesser name who was willing to sign a longer-term deal who wouldn't have been a huge drop off. Most of the good players resigned with their own teams because they saw there wasn't going to be much cap space this year.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Most 20+ point games off the bench this season:

Montrezl Harrell: 12
Jordan Clarkson: 12
Terrence Ross: 11

lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Empty stats 👀
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Double-double 24 points and 10 rebounds.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
Empty stats 👀

With all that he's just +2.

Meanwhile Gasol was +10, orchestrating that 10-0 run in the 3rd with his defense and playmaking. Also got 2pts in that run.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Double-double 24 points and 10 rebounds.

Double-double machine!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 47 of 66
Jump to: