Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
Not even KL would leave the Clipper for us, right?

and leave PG/clips at the altar after the dowry that they paid LOL

Ballmer will buy the Toronto Raptors before he lets that embarrassment happen
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
governator wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
Not even KL would leave the Clipper for us, right?

and leave PG/clips at the altar after the dowry that they paid LOL

Ballmer will buy the Toronto Raptors before he lets that embarrassment happen

Can't own 2 NBA franchises. I know you know that. I'm jus messin wid ya.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Best case scenario would be the Clippers signing Westbrook.. him doing what we all expect him to do. Then Kawhi and George leaving the Clippers after dealing with him for one season. While KD does Kira's laugh somewhere in Brooklyn.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Best case scenario would be the Clippers signing Westbrook.. him doing what we all expect him to do. Then Kawhi and George leaving the Clippers after dealing with him for one season. While KD does Kira's laugh somewhere in Brooklyn.
Kira'a laugh I am KD

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Wrong thread
#18 next...
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
If Clippers don't reach the conference finals, I can see KL going to another team. He will most likely opt out to get more money.

I think Leonard stays put. He’s in his desired city with a franchise that caters to his every whim. George is the guy I could see fly the coup.

It’s interesting that we haven’t heard anything about an extension for George. The Clips can’t want to go into the season with Kawhi, George, Ibaka and Lou all entering free agency, can they?

Agreed on Kawhi btw. Unless Ballmer sours in giving him that treatment (which isn’t totally impossible I suppose), he likely stays. George in the other hand is in the less enviable position of being the fall guy when they fail. Better situations could be found.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

With this Kawhi/PG situation, has there ever been a star FA that told their team not to re-sign their co-star? Kawhi telling Ballmer not to re-sign Paul George would be hilarious. Even trading him would be funny. Any scenario where PG ends up exiled from LA, really.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Judah wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
If Clippers don't reach the conference finals, I can see KL going to another team. He will most likely opt out to get more money.

I think Leonard stays put. He’s in his desired city with a franchise that caters to his every whim. George is the guy I could see fly the coup.

If he does I don't think Rob will go after him. He blew his Lakers chance. Speaking of Pelinka, I'm happily surprised by his management. I didn't think he was GM material. He's kicking ass. Jury still out on Vogel.

I'M The foreman of MY jury.

That jury must have a perfect record for convictions if a 1st year championship HC is still on trial.

Y'all believe in recycling nooses?

#BannersOverBillboards
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Call me crazy but I wouldn't sign Kawhi to a max contract even if he committed to signing us as soon as free agency began. I think his decline is going to start hitting hard sooner then later. If it was a max 2 year deal or something then possibly but i'd prefer just to watch him never win a Championship again while flaming out before Lebron even retires.

I also don't think he has any true loyalty whatsoever to anyone so if the Clips have another massive fail of a season I wouldn't be the least bit surprised seeing him bail. I think PG13 is pretty much already gone unless he has an incredible bounce back season that continues into the Playoffs but he's also another guy that's no stranger to surgeries and serious injuries and once you start hitting your 30's all that becomes much more difficult to deal with. Are they going to rest both of these guys often this season while having more limited depth compared to last season not to mention starting fresh with a new coach and a huge roster turnover like us so chemistry will be an issue once again?

The Clippers have just as much or more question marks then the Nets imo as far as how good they can become by the time the Playoffs roll around. I think either of these teams could possibly be our toughest matchup but I could also see both teams underperform as well and not be the least bit surprised.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Judah wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

If he does I don't think Rob will go after him. He blew his Lakers chance. Speaking of Pelinka, I'm happily surprised by his management. I didn't think he was GM material. He's kicking ass. Jury still out on Vogel.

That jury must have a perfect record for convictions if a 1st year championship HC is still on trial.

I'm not discounting the ship. I'm looking at Vogel overall. My juries out on him because I've seen him allow Bron to take over timeout huddles. That has to have a negative effect on the locker room.

As long as we're winning he'll be fine. I don't want to see us go on a losing streak but if we do I'll be looking at how he handles it.

Also, I don't like his rotations. I'm a armchair coach. IMO he was playing Rondo when I thought AC should have been on the floor. He has a better roster this year. Let's see how he handles it.

He has the tools for a repeat. I think we have a excellent chance to do it.

CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Judah wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

I'm not discounting the ship. I'm looking at Vogel overall. My juries out on him because I've seen him allow Bron to take over timeout huddles. That has to have a negative effect on the locker room.

As long as we're winning he'll be fine. I don't want to see us go on a losing streak but if we do I'll be looking at how he handles it.

Also, I don't like his rotations. I'm a armchair coach. IMO he was playing Rondo when I thought AC should have been on the floor. He has a better roster this year. Let's see how he handles it.

I was just teasing bruh.

If you want to hold the jury out on anyone...I have no problem with it.

As far as Vogel goes. In my eyes he acquitted himself magnificently. Look at all he was up against...

-coming off a short sabbatical following a bad stint in Orlando
-coming in and having to earn Bron's and AD'S immediate respect
-Magic just threw Rob under the bus on the day he's introduced
-Roster filled with new players on 1 year prove it contracts
-All the Yipper noise
-Kobe & Gigi passing
-LONG layoff
-Keeping a team together for over 100 days in regal confinement
-Adapting the team defense to 4 very different styles of play
-Showing the stones to sit veteran players that have a history of being emotional and distracting

Dude pressed all the right buttons and earned his respect to me.

And now he's got a better roster to work with while the commitment to defense will have to recultivated. Jeanie...Rob...Vogel...Bron & AD. There is no weak link in leadership. Not sure any other contender can make that claim.

#BannersOverBillboards
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Call me crazy but I wouldn't sign Kawhi to a max contract even if he committed to signing us as soon as free agency began. I think his decline is going to start hitting hard sooner then later. If it was a max 2 year deal or something then possibly but i'd prefer just to watch him never win a Championship again while flaming out before Lebron even retires.

I also don't think he has any true loyalty whatsoever to anyone so if the Clips have another massive fail of a season I wouldn't be the least bit surprised seeing him bail. I think PG13 is pretty much already gone unless he has an incredible bounce back season that continues into the Playoffs but he's also another guy that's no stranger to surgeries and serious injuries and once you start hitting your 30's all that becomes much more difficult to deal with. Are they going to rest both of these guys often this season while having more limited depth compared to last season not to mention starting fresh with a new coach and a huge roster turnover like us so chemistry will be an issue once again?

The Clippers have just as much or more question marks then the Nets imo as far as how good they can become by the time the Playoffs roll around. I think either of these teams could possibly be our toughest matchup but I could also see both teams underperform as well and not be the least bit surprised.

I wouldn’t sign him to a long term contract either. 31 with a degenerative issue? That would ruin the team for the last half of his contract.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
hype wrote:

I wouldn’t sign him to a long term contract either. 31 with a degenerative issue? That would ruin the team for the last half of his contract.

Not only would I not sign Kawhi, I wouldn't sign Paul George either. George will be 31 next summer, so he'll also be too old for us, plus there's something about him that really bothers me. I can't even stand his face lol.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject:

I would gladly sign either PG or Kawhi next summer for 3 years while taking out a West Contender in the process.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I would gladly sign either PG or Kawhi next summer for 3 years while taking out a West Contender in the process.

Paul George after we sign him “I grew up a Laker fan”
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Judah wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

I was just teasing bruh.

If you want to hold the jury out on anyone...I have no problem with it.

As far as Vogel goes. In my eyes he acquitted himself magnificently. Look at all he was up against...

-coming off a short sabbatical following a bad stint in Orlando
-coming in and having to earn Bron's and AD'S immediate respect
-Magic just threw Rob under the bus on the day he's introduced
-Roster filled with new players on 1 year prove it contracts
-All the Yipper noise
-Kobe & Gigi passing
-LONG layoff
-Keeping a team together for over 100 days in regal confinement
-Adapting the team defense to 4 very different styles of play
-Showing the stones to sit veteran players that have a history of being emotional and distracting

Dude pressed all the right buttons and earned his respect to me.

And now he's got a better roster to work with while the commitment to defense will have to recultivated. Jeanie...Rob...Vogel...Bron & AD. There is no weak link in leadership. Not sure any other contender can make that claim.

All good arguments, with which I have no disagreements.

EDIT; I still have the same reservations.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Playing 2K21 and playing with Trezz has me pumped, dude is gonna be great for us.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

They both had chance and they didn't sign. Kawhi's deal is he wants to stall us while he makes his decision

We didn't fall for it this year with ibaka and I doubt we fall for it next year as well
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

They both had chance and they didn't sign. Kawhi's deal is he wants to stall us while he makes his decision

We didn't fall for it this year with ibaka and I doubt we fall for it next year as well

This. They can both kick rocks. Milwaukee will have a max slot after we sign Giannis - KL & PG can arm wrestle each other to see who gets it.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
The Clippers also had a top 5 defense heading into the bubble. His shortcomings won't keep us from being elite or winning a championship, I would just caution against expecting him to make some sort of quantum leap on that end.

He definitely wasn'tone of clips bad defenders. An argument can be made he was the best one off the bench.

And the lads reinforce each other's effort on the D end, so we can be confident that he's gonna give a concerted effort on D this year. It's not even an if. How good he can be is the question, but if AD can become a suitable trey shooter and hit a PO GW, anything's possible w/ the right attitude and reinforcement. We got that. We're shiny, happy people while the Clips were sour persimmons last year. I hope they are again this year, but most new coaches get a honeymoon period, so we'll see how Lue manages egos and disputes. Ty can't be givin Kawhy?! no favoritism considering that's a reason for why they lost Montrizzay to us. Even Keiff has a good attitude here. It's great for a player like that to feel wanted and valued like he was, which is why he re-inked for 14 mill less than bro.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/monstatrezz/status/1333489803841585152?s=21

Can never question this guy’s heart and work ethic.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/monstatrezz/status/1333489803841585152?s=21

Can never question this guy’s heart and work ethic.

awesome thanks. I liked his response to Bron's instagram post
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

All good arguments, with which I have no disagreements.

EDIT; I still have the same reservations.

I fully respect that...rumor is I come from the same place you list as your location.

Not sure where most of the world is coming from these days but I do wish they'd take a vacation from the fussing and fighting to discover the abundance of common ground we all share when we listen to each other and only speak when we actually know something.

#BannersOverBillboards
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Judah wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

When? I don't remember that ever happening. And considering how much the media loves drama, especially as it pertains to the Lakers, I would expect something like that to have been a significant story. Did LeBron literally "take over" the huddle (i.e. hijack it from Vogel) disrespectfully or is it that you misinterpreted what you saw because you don't understand the team's culture? Two different things.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Interesting. Bron is already saying Trez is coming off the bench:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 21 of 66
Jump to: