Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject:

Trez does sulk when he does not get calls (just like the rest of the league).
He wears his heart on his sleeve which benefits us more than hurts us. I really do not think there are too many times that he slowly gets back on D (in fact he hustles back most of the time). I think some are splitting hairs. In fact, to keep it real, LJ is the one who argues every call and does not get back on D (at least during the regular season).
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject:

Trez actually reminds me of Lamar Odom pre-2009. He even moves similar in some situations on D. He has footspeed and length, but emotional guy, with some IQ issues at times. When composed and focused, he does very well. Of course he is not as talented as Lamar (or as tall) but he can IMO be able to do some of the things we used to ask Lamar to do on D in the championship era.

Very similar strengths and weaknesses I found for the two of them on D. Only in this era, Lamar too likely is used as a small ball 5. So Trez has to adjust to do that playing in this era.

If we can get Trez to just channel that emotion in the right direction and focus,it would help a great deal. He showed some defensive switches yesterday that were outstanding. I wish we can get more of that, as that is when playing a small 5 gives you some edge and advantage. Your 5 is supposed to be able to close those gaps and make those rotations so quick that opposing teams guards can not get those open looks easily and have to force more contested shots.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Trezl is worth the price of admission, he is non-stop action.
19 points 8 - 9FG (88.9%), 5 rebounds.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

He is playing well, starting to fit in.

Some good chemistry with Kuz and THT is feeding him too.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
He is playing well, starting to fit in.

Some good chemistry with Kuz and THT is feeding him too.

If THT and Harrell can built chemistry that will go a long way in keeping both which would be great for us.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:29 am    Post subject:

He is playing well, but its shown time and time again, he can not be part of a closing lineup with AD-Bron. He can do well with Bron, but not AD and Bron. Just not enough perimeter game, to keep that going. I think this is why come playoffs, Vogel likely picks one of Gasol-Trez to go with in a playoff series. We will need Kieff more than we are right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
He is playing well, but its shown time and time again, he can not be part of a closing lineup with AD-Bron. He can do well with Bron, but not AD and Bron. Just not enough perimeter game, to keep that going. I think this is why come playoffs, Vogel likely picks one of Gasol-Trez to go with in a playoff series. We will need Kieff more than we are right now.

That’s probably the conversation Vogel has with Kieff about playing time. Just stay ready and patient and you will have a significant role in the playoffs.

Need Kieff to be better though. Maybe he just needs a longer break to get fresh for when it matters.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I fear you could be right.

I will say I don't think Trezz D has been that bad, honestly even against Embiid who I know was murdering us overall - he actually did OK if you go back and watch the tape closely. So even if Vogel did go with him, I think we could hold it down alright especially with AD as a help defender.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

That’s probably the conversation Vogel has with Kieff about playing time. Just stay ready and patient and you will have a significant role in the playoffs.

Need Kieff to be better though. Maybe he just needs a longer break to get fresh for when it matters.

Kieff is much better at spreading the floor and defense. He will get his, as stated, in the play-offs.
IMO Trezl definitely won't be closing games but we will need his scoring and hustle at some point each and every game (limited or extensive). It's all a matter of situations.
We have our flaws but fortunately this is still a deep team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject:

Agree. Trezz is a 2nd/3rd quarter player who can help with the bench. But closing time, we must go with some variation of:

Dennis/AC/KCP/LBJ/AD
Dennis/AC/LBJ/AD/Kieff

I think those two will likely be our closing lineups barring getting a better/taller 3/D wing defender.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Kieff is much better at spreading the floor and defense. He will get his, as stated, in the play-offs.
IMO Trezl definitely won't be closing games but we will need his scoring and hustle at some point each and every game (limited or extensive). It's all a matter of situations.
We have our flaws but fortunately this is still a deep team.

Yeah, if Harrell/AD share the floor it’s likely AD hangs out on the perimeter like a bigger Kevin Love. It’s better to go 3 guard lineup with LBJ/AD at 4/5 or Kieff at the 5 because then AD can use his midrange game and attack the rim.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

I think Trez can start as well sometimes, depends who we play. Teams do not run zones right away and tend to play man the first few minutes, Then switch their D up. We got away with playing Dwight in many playoff series. Once teams start to double AD-Bron, though. We got to get more floor spacing. Our offense is rated 8th in the NBA, despite having maybe a top 3 talent level, arguably, on offense.

Defensively Trez has improved, so I am trusting him a lot more. I just feel the chemistry of that 2nd unit Trez/AD/Dennis is way off. I rather see Trez/Dennis, or AD/Dennis 2nd unit lineups at the 5/1.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

As much as folks like to clown Lou Will, he's a gifted regular season scorer and passer. His chemistry with Trezz was ridiculous.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:26 am    Post subject:

Why does Lakers not maximizing harrell in pnr?

I think Bron and THT can pull this play with harrell, so far they are just using harrell on isolations and drop passes.

Lakers nees more of this.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
As much as folks like to clown Lou Will, he's a gifted regular season scorer and passer. His chemistry with Trezz was ridiculous.

What I wonder about Lou is why he tends to underperform in the postseason.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What I wonder about Lou is why he tends to underperform in the postseason.

That can be said about a lot of gifted scorers. Unfortunately in post season lou is expected to play D and thats saps some energy.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject:

Trezz will be a huge factor when we play the nets. basically no one can stop him from the Nets.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

Trez defense is complete ass
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Agree. Trezz is a 2nd/3rd quarter player who can help with the bench. But closing time, we must go with some variation of:

Dennis/AC/KCP/LBJ/AD
Dennis/AC/LBJ/AD/Kieff

I think those two will likely be our closing lineups barring getting a better/taller 3/D wing defender.

Add KCP and remove DS in 2nd line up
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:

I was confused why Clippers fans kept bashing him so much last year during the playoffs, but now it makes more sense.

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Trezz is number 12 in the league in defensive win shares(AD first, Lebron fourth)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2021_advanced.html#advanced_stats::dws

DS is 16th, gasol 19th

Last edited by mad55557777 on Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
999 wrote:

I was confused why Clippers fans kept bashing him so much last year during the playoffs, but now it makes more sense.

Imo he is below average, but not as bad as the Clippers portrayed. He was the scapegoat.

He does have frustrating moments though. He is slow to react on defense particularly in the paint.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:36 pm    Post subject:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2021/2/1/22260475/lakers-montrezl-harrell-pick-and-roll-stats-analysis-video

Here we go, so it's really Bron and THT who can find him in the pnr play. They should keep doing this.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:30 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2021/2/1/22260475/lakers-montrezl-harrell-pick-and-roll-stats-analysis-video

Here we go, so it's really Bron and THT who can find him in the pnr play. They should keep doing this.

So it's a point of emphasis for THT (and Lebron). Why not for DS?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:45 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:

That is really good the Lakers realize this. Part of it is that Bron does not use the pick and roll to get the roller the ball, as much as he does to exploit a mismatch of a switch on the screens, so that he can go to work. And if he passes it is if you are wide open inside or wide open for a 3. To have a really effective 2 man S&R game, you need the PG to be someone that wants and loves to run that play. Lou did just that with Trez.

We need a PG like Rondo who would have seen those plays in advance. THT has some talent, and obviously Bron is a PG. Dennis can also run some pick and rolls. But this is an area where I hope we can get better at, and also look to develop.

A lot of people say we have lost our vertical and lob game, but I also think we do not use the bigs as much as rollers or to move towards those plays. AD at the 5, or when Trez is at the 5, we can get those plays in quite a bit if our guards run them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 38 of 66
Jump to: