Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I am much much more concerned about how to find the $$ to keep Caruso, who with his 3 point shooting if he keeps that up, is going to get paid KCP-Kuzma type money. Caruso is easily our most valuable guard on the team, even though the hype is usually won by Dennis or THT. We have to go all out to keep Alex, especially if he keeps this 3 ball alive.

I have no clue how we can realistically keep Dennis on the money he wants, Alex, THT and KCP (since KCP is our starting 2 basically). I think one of that 4some will need to moved or let go, in order to not be destroyed by lux tax. Based on hype, likely Caruso is the odd one out, but I hope we do everything possible to keep him, as his overall net value, in my book, is the highest now that he can make his 3s as well (but lets see if in the playoffs that mantains).

For Trez, I think everything comes down to the playoffs. Nothing he does now is all that important (from the Lakers perspective) for his next contract. We will know his real value in the playoffs because the Clippers got a great RS from Trez than a let down in the playoffs. Trez has to have a similar playoffs as he has RS for him to get paid big time from other teams. I do not think the market was anywhere near as high for him, as some think.

The harder decision for the Lakers will be about Dennis, THT, Alex. All 3 are gonna get paid next year and the market for talented 2-way guards is really good. Teams are gonna pay guys like Dennis, THT, Alex. Rondo had a solid playoffs and got 15M and he is a dinosaur. Dwight had a solid playoffs and he got the vet min. Guards get paid - I think THT-Alex will get 30-40M type of offers, and Dennis could get 60+M. Not sure if we can keep all this talent, but I am for enjoying the season and worrying about that after. From Robs perspective though, you could see a deal at deadline to get him a longterm asset on a cheaper deal so that he can keep as many of his young players as possible. These guys are all pretty much in their prime, or pre prime. They are gonna get paid big time.

I'm focused on the moment because the points you make don't feel as good to focus on. Thanks anyway. (Being sarcastic)
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject:

Everyone mentions the Clippers last year, but there is more to it I think. First not all teams handled the bubble, the Clippers certainly didn't. Probably because they had no team chemistry. Further you can play Harrell next to AD, so you still have shot blocking. Who did the Clippers pair with him? Either Morris or Kawhi shifted to PF. Tough to play a 6'7" center next to a 6'7" PF and not get killed.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject:

Harrell had good stats against the Warriors 2 years ago.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
Harrell had good stats against the Warriors 2 years ago.

I get people wanting to wait and see but to me at least i'm not worried about Trezz at all in the Playoffs. I expect no drop off whatsoever. Last year playing for the Clippers his grandma passed away who he was super close to and he was on a team he was clearly not thrilled to be on anyways on top of them putting him in horrible positions defensively. He's never going to be able to anchor your defense against Jokic and luckily Vogel knows this and we have AD or Marc who will be on the floor the vast majority of the time he is with Jokic this time around.

He will be huge for us in every series throughout the Playoffs and sadly I think he's going to be the first one to go due to the offers he will get and everyone else we'll have to try and secure. Like Wolf said though, we got to just enjoy this season because a lot of things can happen from now until then.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Seems like the Lakers lost some energy when he went out in the 4th.

He seems to bring energy that’s important in games like tonight when energy is hard to find
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Excellent pick up
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

His D is better than advertised.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:

His energy is infectious.

And much needed I think coming off the title and the very short off season.

What a pickup by Rob Pelinka!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

With him and Kieff, we have two roughnecks on the squad.
delaluz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject:

Part of Trez's game reminds me of James Worthy's. When he's on the baseline he has a facing the basket 15 foot shot. If his defender closes in Trez drives by and scores.

I think his biggest downside is that he might get killed taking charges from guys like the Greek Freak, Zion, etc. In last nights game after one of the charges he took from the Freak he was laying face down on the court and not moving. In the replay you could see where the Freak nailed him with a knee. TNT cut to a commercial and when the game resumed Trez looked OK. It reminded me of the Netflix Movie "The Old Guard". In the movie the bad guys could kill the "super heroes". However minutes after dying the super heroes get off the floor and they are OK.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

With him and Kieff, we have two roughnecks on the squad.

I would still trade Kieff for McGee. Cleveland wants to trade Javele, and really don't need Kieff anymore, as we have other players that can do what he does.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject:

delaluz wrote:
Part of Trez's game reminds me of James Worthy's. When he's on the baseline he has a facing the basket 15 foot shot. If his defender closes in Trez drives by and scores.

I think his biggest downside is that he might get killed taking charges from guys like the Greek Freak, Zion, etc. In last nights game after one of the charges he took from the Freak he was laying face down on the court and not moving. In the replay you could see where the Freak nailed him with a knee. TNT cut to a commercial and when the game resumed Trez looked OK. It reminded me of the Netflix Movie "The Old Guard". In the movie the bad guys could kill the "super heroes". However minutes after dying the super heroes get off the floor and they are OK.

Slow down there cowboy. Reminds you of James Worthy. That going a little to far.
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
delaluz wrote:

Slow down there cowboy. Reminds you of James Worthy. That going a little to far.

I can see what delaluz means. Montrezl is greedy like Worthy. If he faces you up 15' and you give him space, he will take the space and will keep taking space until he can get as close to the rim as possible. Like Worthy, Trez is very explosive for a man his size and his spin move is Worthyesque. The difference between the two is Worthy played with grace and beauty, Montrez with angry ferocity.
delaluz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:33 am    Post subject:

That was my exact point about "part" of Trez's game.

aiel wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
delaluz wrote:

I can see what delaluz means. Montrezl is greedy like Worthy. If he faces you up 15' and you give him space, he will take the space and will keep taking space until he can get as close to the rim as possible. Like Worthy, Trez is very explosive for a man his size and his spin move is Worthyesque. The difference between the two is Worthy played with grace and beauty, Montrez with angry ferocity.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Most Points Per Possession in Isolation:

Montrezl Harrell - 1.57
Bradley Beal - 1.48
Anthony Edwards - 1.42
Bam Adebayo - 1.37
Zion Williamson - 1.35
Austin Rivers - 1.33
Kyrie Irving - 1.31
DeMar DeRozan - 1.28
Jerami Grant - 1.26
Andrew Wiggins - 1.25
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Most Points Per Possession in Isolation:

Montrezl Harrell - 1.57
Bradley Beal - 1.48
Anthony Edwards - 1.42
Bam Adebayo - 1.37
Zion Williamson - 1.35
Austin Rivers - 1.33
Kyrie Irving - 1.31
DeMar DeRozan - 1.28
Jerami Grant - 1.26
Andrew Wiggins - 1.25

YEEEEESSSSS!!!!!
pokoy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
818fan wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Whatever beef is going on between THT and Trez needs to be figured out.

Part of the success of last year's team was how well the team worked together without any unnecessary drama.

I wonder what the issue is between them

Trezz thinks he deserves more touches (which he does), and when THT comes in, he doesn't look to pass as much as he probably should. Just my theory.

We have LeBron on this team, it won't be a big deal for long.

Plus same agent

Nash Vegas wrote:
Trez too dramatic

RI Laker wrote:
We don't need this crap and hopefully it stops immediately.

Bringing this discussion over here because I blame Trez more than THT as Trez is a vet. I did notice him barking a lot at Kuzma earlier in the season. Maybe over not getting touches also? Or defensive rotations? Just noticed some tension between them.

I like his intensity but he needs to fit in. If he wants to get paid after this season, he cannot be known as a locker room problem. He’s already got a black mark from his time with the Clippers but everyone mostly blamed Doc. He won’t have that scapegoat here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

The kid THT made an attempt to quickly get past whatever occurred between them. Even extended his hand, only to be rejected. Had a team mate come over to intervene, only to be tepidly acknowledged.

The way Trez acted in that moment was exactly the way he does not want to be treated: disrespectfully. It's a word that'll resonate with someone like him who has always been viewed as an underdog as a 2nd round pick.

He needs to give the same kind of respect he expects.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject:

I love both Trezz and THT .. so hopefully it doesn’t come down to choosing 1 of them, hopefully they can work it out.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I love both Trezz and THT .. so hopefully it doesn’t come down to choosing 1 of them, hopefully they can work it out.

If we need to choose one, the decision is quite obvious. Good luck in another team Harrell
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If we need to choose one, the decision is quite obvious. Good luck in another team Harrell

Harrell is well suited to helping us win #18 this year while THT is the future, not sure the Lakers would be so easy to get rid of Harrell who has looked very good for most of the season were as THT has had some mental lapses.
pokoy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Harrell is well suited to helping us win #18 this year while THT is the future, not sure the Lakers would be so easy to get rid of Harrell who has looked very good for most of the season were as THT has had some mental lapses.

Yeah he would be hard to find a replacement for but if it comes down to booting him for a slightly lesser player that raises team chemistry, I’d be all for it. I doubt anything becomes public enough for this to happen, with Bron still on the team and Rich Paul representing him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yeah he would be hard to find a replacement for but if it comes down to booting him for a slightly lesser player that raises team chemistry, I’d be all for it. I doubt anything becomes public enough for this to happen, with Bron still on the team and Rich Paul representing him.

Trade deadline is gonna be very interesting if LeBron and Klutch doesn’t make THT and Harrell bury any problems they have, 1 guy I would like for us to explore is Josh Richardson, Matthews has been a disappointment, Trezz for Josh Richardson works salary wise but we need to wait until Feb 6.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject:

He, no one is going to be traded
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I dont think theres beef at all and in that moment he was more upset with an opposing player than just trying to shun THT
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 36 of 66
Jump to: