Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I love both Trezz and THT .. so hopefully it doesn’t come down to choosing 1 of them, hopefully they can work it out.

I dont think theres beef at all and in that moment he was more upset with an opposing player than just trying to shun THT

Our problem is why would you shun THT? Caruso's attempt to immediately bring them together tells you it was no small matter. It was bad optics towards his team mate watching THT extending his hand only to be "shunned" as you put it.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject:

eh this is some TMZ level overreaction by some. That was just Caruso being a great teammate but it mos def. doesn't make it mean that it was anything serious.

Even if Trezz had some more real issue with THT I can almost guarantee it wont get that serious as both of them are eyeing a major payday in the off season and especially Trezz could lose a good amount of money. This is where having Lebron as the leader and an end of the bench guy like Dudley should be able to kill small miniscule issues such as this in a long season.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
eh this is some TMZ level overreaction by some. That was just Caruso being a great teammate but it mos def. doesn't make it mean that it was anything serious.

Even if Trezz had some more real issue with THT I can almost guarantee it wont get that serious as both of them are eyeing a major payday in the off season and especially Trezz could lose a good amount of money. This is where having Lebron as the leader and an end of the bench guy like Dudley should be able to kill small miniscule issues such as this in a long season.

No, AC like I’m sure the rest of the team noticed tension. Those two had heated words earlier in the game too and Trezz dismissed THT walking away from him. I would see it as nothing if AC gave him a high five instead in a “I got you” kind of way but he went out of his way to intervene.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject:

I am not hating on Trez. This guy is super intense which makes him the player that he is. I really doubt he can turn it on and off. I think he expects everyone to be all in all of the time which is why he had problems last season (no free rides). I'm sure the leadership on this team will end this quickly one way or another.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:08 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
This is where having Lebron as the leader and an end of the bench guy like Dudley should be able to kill small miniscule issues such as this in a long season.

It seems to be building though. It was pretty clear earlier in the year that Trezz was intentionally not passing to THT.

Trezz has a bit of a 'I' attitude.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
hype wrote:
This is where having Lebron as the leader and an end of the bench guy like Dudley should be able to kill small miniscule issues such as this in a long season.

It seems to be building though. It was pretty clear earlier in the year that Trezz was intentionally not passing to THT.

Yes, he does.

He was this way with the Clippers too.

He's certainly not a glue guy... hopefully he's not a cancer in the locker room.

I think the problem is he would rather get a big contract than a championship ring. I hope I'm wrong.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject:

After DLO vs. Nick Young I don’t like any bad blood between talent young players and vets. It’s team cancer.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:

This! There is a little something there, but no reason to panic or start seeing ghosts. I find it funny that some are already turning on Trez. The guy plays HARD and works his azz off. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially since our 20 year older with potential has not earned the same benefit to date.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject:

THT was like DNPing the last few games. I think some are looking too deep into things.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
hype wrote:

Yes, he does.

He was this way with the Clippers too.

He's certainly not a glue guy... hopefully he's not a cancer in the locker room.

I think the problem is he would rather get a big contract than a championship ring. I hope I'm wrong.

He’s using us as his pit stop. He will definitely take the money if the situation is right for him. But he’s a cheap pick up for us so it’s sort win-win on both side. Hopefully he shows up in the playoff but I don’t expect him to be back given the opportunity.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject:

So regarding the THT and Trezz beef, no PT for THT while Harrell played major minutes tonight.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject:

TRezz was a beast last night and went after McGee...

Who’s excited to see Trez vs Dwight match up...?
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

Heck yeah! Trez is beastin...

Hope Marc and AD take on Embid though
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
THT was like DNPing the last few games. I think some are looking too deep into things.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

Depends on your definition of "beast".

Did he get a couple dunks on McGee, absolutely.

Did he give up even more dunks to the Cavs, absolutely.

Harrell was needed to play with even more intensity with Gasol only playing 10mins. He was outhustled and outplayed (especially by Drummond).

Just my opinion based on watching the entire game, not just the cool highlights, and Harrell was not a "beast". Too many times standing around. His main job is to play with energy. He had his moments, but certainly not the entire game.

There was a reason this game went from potential blowout to competitive and needing James to take over.

We have so many discussions around here of needing to preserve James, Davis and the older vets for the playoffs. This is an example of where the younger players need to take a bigger role. Harrell, Schroder and Davis step to the front of the line.

I expect and have seen more from Harrell. He needs to deliver when needed. If there is some chemistry issue behind the scenes he needs to figure it out, whether his fault or not. Lakers don't have time for this type of distraction. Philly should be fun, if they all bring their "A" games.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
So regarding the THT and Trezz beef, no PT for THT while Harrell played major minutes tonight.

Enough of this crap. There is no correlation in THT's mins nor any beef.

THT is still a very young second year player on a team loaded with depth at the 1/2 spots. Mins were going to be hard to come by.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Enough of this crap. There is no correlation in THT's mins nor any beef.

THT is still a very young second year player on a team loaded with depth at the 1/2 spots. Mins were going to be hard to come by.

He’s definitely not sitting there because of any beef. He’s just the freshman on the Varsity team. Just a pecking order.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject:

he must be licking his chops when he sees the Nets team. nobody can cover him. KD has a better chance of guarding AD than Trezz.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Happy 27th to Montrezl Harrell.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Frank Vogel said staff meeting this morning included a discussion about needing to get Montrezl Harrell the ball in pick-and-roll more.

Good idea.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:07 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Frank Vogel said staff meeting this morning included a discussion about needing to get Montrezl Harrell the ball in pick-and-roll more.

Good idea.

Finally! I've seen some LBJ/Harrell PNR's but few if any with Schroder FWIW.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:30 am    Post subject:

He don't look it but his in the paint face up jumpers are ca$h money, even over 7 footers
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:12 am    Post subject:

Trez started off weak, but gained momentum and rhythm. Very obvious that we had a plan to get Trez more action and involved inside. The difference in Trez and Gasol is Trez is a scoring threat and teams pay when they go help on AD-Bro or a driving ballhandler (Dennis, THT, Alex). When Gasol is out there, the opposing team just relaxes.

Trez is emotional as hell though. There was a play where he was just dropping his head and pissed after a strong team D effort where they got scored on. Vogel yelled Trez' name and told him something like good job good effort keep it up. I think that is where Trez needs the most development. After that, he kept building on that effort and wound up making some big defensive plays in the 4th Q.

If playoffs began today, I would start Trez and AD would split time with him at the 5. No Gasol minutes, even though he has done decently in some situations. You just can not get away with 4 on 5 basketball. Until Gasol shoots 3s and is aggressive at rolling to the basket, Gasol would be a DNP in a the playoffs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Trez started off weak, but gained momentum and rhythm. Very obvious that we had a plan to get Trez more action and involved inside. The difference in Trez and Gasol is Trez is a scoring threat and teams pay when they go help on AD-Bro or a driving ballhandler (Dennis, THT, Alex). When Gasol is out there, the opposing team just relaxes.

Trez is emotional as hell though. There was a play where he was just dropping his head and pissed after a strong team D effort where they got scored on. Vogel yelled Trez' name and told him something like good job good effort keep it up. I think that is where Trez needs the most development. After that, he kept building on that effort and wound up making some big defensive plays in the 4th Q.

If playoffs began today, I would start Trez and AD would split time with him at the 5. No Gasol minutes, even though he has done decently in some situations. You just can not get away with 4 on 5 basketball. Until Gasol shoots 3s and is aggressive at rolling to the basket, Gasol would be a DNP in a the playoffs.

My biggest complaint about Trez is this. Dude is constantly in a state of whining. When he scores, it was always an and-1. When he doesn't, he wants the foul. Either way, he just sulks and as slowly goes back the other way.

Otherwise, I like what he brings... at least for the regular season.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

My biggest complaint about Trez is this. Dude is constantly in a state of whining. When he scores, it was always an and-1. When he doesn't, he wants the foul. Either way, he just sulks and as slowly goes back the other way.

Otherwise, I like what he brings... at least for the regular season.

Just like Pat Bev, you hate it when he on the other team but we love it when he on our team, his motor is tied to his emotion, all good
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 37 of 66
Jump to: