New Lakers rotation and subs pattern
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Hopefully its

Kcp
Mathews
Legramps
Davis
Gasol

With schroder coming in early

Exactly my picks as well. Keep 3 starters in from last year for some continuity, and Wes can handle Green's role. Schroder hasn't started much in his career, and Wes shouldn't be on the opponent's quickest starter.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Starters:
Dennis Shroder 29 MPG
Wesley Matthews 24 MPG
LeBron James 34 MPG
Anthony Davis 34 MPG
Marc Gasol 19 MPG

Bench:
Alex Caruso 18 MPG
THT 24 MPG
KCP 25 MPG
Kyle Kuzma 25 MPG / Markieff Morris 10 MPG
Montrezl Harrell 29 MPG
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Handy tweeted on a pic that had the following lineups

Starters: Bron, Schroder, KCP, AD, Gasol.
Bench: Caruso, Wesley, Kuz, Kieff, Trez
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
defense wrote:
Hopefully its

Kcp
Mathews
Legramps
Davis
Gasol

With schroder coming in early

Exactly my picks as well. Keep 3 starters in from last year for some continuity, and Wes can handle Green's role. Schroder hasn't started much in his career, and Wes shouldn't be on the opponent's quickest starter.

My picks too.

KCP is quicker defensively, so put him on PGs. And Matthews is deceivingly strong. I trust him as a wing defender.

If either gets in foul trouble we know Caruso can come in and defend too.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Damn that is a nasty lineup - we are crazy deep.

There are four dudes who could drop 20+ any night on this team SMH.

For this lineup the only issue not starting Matthews is he is our best wing defender for larger/more physical wings, and KCP is better at defending smaller guards. So having both of those starting might work better, especially because they could switch every action no problem.

Schroder starting does relieve some of the ball handling and shot creation from Lebron, so that is the plus of starting him.

Last edited by BandwagonLBJhopper on Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Looks about right.

Ten-men rotation with only four guards.

Interesting that while teams go small, the Lakers loaded with bigs who can shoot. Harrell is the only exception.

Kuzma has to play SF full time now. Not really his strength.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject:

If we use a system by committee using last year's lineups with the new players taking over the roles of last year's team, it would go something like this:

Green to Matthews, McGee to Harrell, Rondo to Schroder, Howard to Gasol, and Bradley's role being replaced by KCP in the starting lineup and more minutes to Caruso during the playoffs.

Starting lineup last year for most of the regular season was Bradley or KCP in the starting lineup guarding PG's, Green, Bron, AD, & McGee would turn into KCP, Matthews, Bron, AD, & Harrell now.

Bench from last year was: Rondo, Caruso, Kuzma, Morris, & Howard would now turn into Schroder, Caruso, Kuzma, Morris, & Gasol.

The lineups with the current roster would now be:
KCP/Schroder
Matthews/Caruso/THT
Bron/Kuzma/McKinnie
AD/Morris
Harrell/Gasol
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

One thing we are forgetting is THT could really help us - his length and athleticism on the wing might be just what we need and help him carve out a bigger role than we are thinking

Especially because he showed some offensive skill (even jumper) and guts - Vogel trusted this guy in an important playoff game, he will put him out there no doubt and if THT steps it up on D, watch out
Ironicles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject:

To me, it's pretty obvious that the lineups will be:

KCP / Matthews / LeBron / AD / Gasol
Schroder / Caruso / Kuz / Morris / Harrell

I don't agree with Schroder starting. You need his playmaking off the bench, and try to stagger him and LeBron, although the 2 can play together.

Matthews should start, he replaces the shooting and defense of Green.

Harrell should not start over Gasol. Need the lane open for LeBron and AD as much as possible, Gasol provides spacing. For the bench, you can pack Harrell in the paint and spread out with 4 shooters around him.
Kareem | AD | Wilkes
Shaq | Wilt | Mikan
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject:

[quote="BandwagonLBJhopper"]
wolfpaclaker wrote:

For this lineup the only issue not starting Matthews is he is our best wing defender for larger/more physical wings, and KCP is better at defending smaller guards. So having both of those starting might work better, especially
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject:

[quote="textbook"]
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

For this lineup the only issue not starting Matthews is he is our best wing defender for larger/more physical wings, and KCP is better at defending smaller guards. So having both of those starting might work better, especially

Seriously, name a better 10 man roster in Lakers history and I might have a case for this....at least on paper.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Schroder is too good not to start but at the same time he will be vital for the non-Lebron lineups.
I'd say start:
KCP
Wes
Lebron
AD
Gasol

DS+Harrell should be on the floor at all times when Lebron+AD sit
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:17 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I don't think it's a good idea to partner Kieff and Harrell at PF/C, I don't think they can guard the paint. Harrell should be in the court together with AD and Gasol as froncourt partner.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject:

Man, Bron and AD can play like 30 mpg during reg season and we prob be aight, we got some firepower behind those 2
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I don't think it's a good idea to partner Kieff and Harrell at PF/C, I don't think they can guard the paint. Harrell should be in the court together with AD and Gasol as froncourt partner.

If you look back at the playoffs, usually we would go small with the 2nd unit. This was to speed up the game and energy, and also get more outside shooting and spacing for drives-post ups etc for Bron/AD. I think that is why a Kieff/Harrell duo could work in a short stint and then you bring in AD who has elite size and rim protection.

BTW, Trez has some defensive issues against bigger guys, but he is a good rim protection guy. I have watched quite a bit of him lately and it is clear he will challenge shots around the basket. Kieff was not a good rim protection guy as a 5, but Trez will be. He has a 7'4 wingspan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Yeah, personally I think I would start Matthews and KCP, with Bron/AD/Marc Gasol. This would allow us to let Bron feel out the game as QB 1, AD be the main target guy, and Marc also play a heavy role in the offense as a point Center, ala Jokic. This would give us some good options. Defensively Matthews takes the toughest opposing wing and KCP does what KCP does.

I also like Schroder to come in with Trez and cause immediate havoc, taking over for Bron/AD as the top 2 options on the floor. Then when Bron/AD come back into the game, Schroder and Trez have had their touches and in their flow.

But if they start Schroder, they're going to have to bring one of Matthews or KCP off the bench. I personally would lean towards bringing Schroder in the Rondo playoff role of 25 minutes a game, vs starter.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Schroder is too good not to start but at the same time he will be vital for the non-Lebron lineups.
I'd say start:
KCP
Wes
Lebron
AD
Gasol

Unlike Rondo, Schroeder is a young guy who can give you 32 minutes a game. If staggered correctly, he could start *and* always be on the court when LeBron sits, if that’s what you wanted.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
I'd say start:
KCP
Wes
Lebron
AD
Gasol

Unlike Rondo, Schroeder is a young guy who can give you 32 minutes a game. If staggered correctly, he could start *and* always be on the court when LeBron sits, if that’s what you wanted.

That may be difficult to accomplish though. If he starts, he will need to take a break between Q1 and Q2. Likely that break comes with one of AD/Bron off the floor taking a break as well. That is just how rotations work. If you want the maximum bench impact, and the potential to have Bron/AD sit/rest longer, then bringing Schroder off the bench makes a lot of sense. At the same time, I am sure there is an argument for Schroder starting. It will be Frank's call and I think he will look at all the different aspects.

One could easily argue that if the Lakers start their best players, then they can theoretically not be in close games as much, as blow out some teams early and there's the Bron/AD rest. There's all kinds of things to look at, and sure Frank is looking at it.

I will say, I did like the chemistry of Bron being PG1, and then having PG2/QB2 come in off the bench and then Bron goes more off the ball. Rondo was inconsistent in the regular season but come playoffs we saw how well it worked. I think Schroder can do this, and we'll be able to keep similar identity to what won the team a title.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
markjay wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
I'd say start:
KCP
Wes
Lebron
AD
Gasol

That may be difficult to accomplish though. If he starts, he will need to take a break between Q1 and Q2. Likely that break comes with one of AD/Bron off the floor taking a break as well. That is just how rotations work. If you want the maximum bench impact, and the potential to have Bron/AD sit/rest longer, then bringing Schroder off the bench makes a lot of sense. At the same time, I am sure there is an argument for Schroder starting. It will be Frank's call and I think he will look at all the different aspects.

One could easily argue that if the Lakers start their best players, then they can theoretically not be in close games as much, as blow out some teams early and there's the Bron/AD rest. There's all kinds of things to look at, and sure Frank is looking at it.

I will say, I did like the chemistry of Bron being PG1, and then having PG2/QB2 come in off the bench and then Bron goes more off the ball. Rondo was inconsistent in the regular season but come playoffs we saw how well it worked. I think Schroder can do this, and we'll be able to keep similar identity to what won the team a title.

Our bench as it stands is the best one in the league currently on paper

Alex Caruso
THT
KCP
Kyle Kuzma / Markieff Morris
Montrezl Harrell

Thats a pretty darn solid bench that can ensure that LeBron and AD get the rest they need. Harrell is a 19 ppg bench scorer that averages 1.1 blocks per game off it. So yes, Shroder can start. Caruso does a fine job with the bench unit.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

You guys say that Schroder and Montrez are bad defender and yall want to pair them up?

Are you guys sure you want LeBron as your PG? how taxing is that to his body?

Insert Schroder in the starting line up and let him be the PG. LeBron and Davis can chill while Schr and Gasol run pick and pop...Davis and Schroder...

PG.Schroder 28 / Caruso 20
SG.KCP 28 / Wesley 20
SF.LeBron 28 / Kuzma 20
PF.Davis 28 / Morris 20
C.Gasol 20 / Montrez 28

Keep everyone fresh, play everyone, have good balance...

I wish we had a play making PG instead of Caruso to feed Montrez which is why I was hoping we could sign Batum to back up Bron then use Kuzma + Caruso for a PG.
LeftCoast7
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject:

I’d really like to keep Schroder with the 2nd unit.

KCP
Mathews
Bron
AD
Gasol

Schroder
Caruso
THT
Kuzma
Harrell

And then you can move Kuzma to the 3 and shift Morris to the 4 if you want to go a little bigger or THT isn’t quite ready.

I’d like to see the 2nd unit with Schroder/Harrell/Caruso/Kuzma just come in and completely change the pace from the starters. I like when we adjust our play style/pace so the other team can’t get in a rhythm. Get beat down with the first unit, get out ran/hustled by the 2nd, rinse and repeat.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
I'd say start:
KCP
Wes
Lebron
AD
Gasol

yep I realized that but it is much easier to stagger with him coming off the bench if he's okay with that.... allows for less choppy rotations
I'd say sub out Wes and Gasol at the 6 minute mark for DS+Trez who then play 10 minutes straight
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
You guys say that Schroder and Montrez are bad defender and yall want to pair them up?

When it's a second unit, it doesn't matter as much. You just want to break even on the scoreboard.

Quote:
Are you guys sure you want LeBron as your PG? how taxing is that to his body?

He was all last year and was fine. It'll be Gasol who aids in the playmaking in the halfcourt.

Quote:
Insert Schroder in the starting line up and let him be the PG. LeBron and Davis can chill while Schr and Gasol run pick and pop...Davis and Schroder...

So, we're having the top 2 players "chill" while Schroder and Gasol run pick and pop? Doesn't make sense.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

KCP . Dennis
Wes . Alex . THT
Lebron . Kuz . Alfonzo
AD . Morris. Dudley
Marc . Trez . Pau
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

THT expected to "have a role".

https://hoopshype.com/2020/11/24/los-angeles-lakers-talen-horton-tucker-rotation-depth-chart/

I am updating my list of who could play which position.

Gasol, Harrell, Davis
Davis, Harrell, Morris, Kuzma
LBJ, Kuzma, THT, McKinnie
KCP, Matthews, THT
Schroder, Caruso, LBJ

The roster is pretty much set. Two more minimum signings.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: