Lakers 2020-21 Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject:

THT SHOWIN OUT

Per Trudell

Vogel showing real optimism for @Thortontucker: “He continues to impress. The young man has a great attitude, a great spirit, comes to work every day with humility, and just goes out there and kicks people’s butts. He’s a heck of a talent, and he’s had a great two days here."

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1336054177059852288?s=21
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

And since I happen to be on Twitter right now instead of handling my work responsibilities, here are various tidbits from today’s workouts.

TIDBITS FROM 12/7/20 Workout & Media Sesh

Per Faigen

Vogel said that the practice group was the same as yesterday, which means no Quinn Cook or McKinnie.

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1336052338176319489?s=21

Vogel mentioned Gasol's ability to pass and shoot threes, Trezz's ability to finish in the pick and roll, Wes Matthews' shooting and Schröder's speed on defense and offense as standouts from the new guys so far. Says the latter will help stop the team from giving up threes.

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1336052954294456320?s=21

Vogel, again pressed on load managing LeBron, says that "there is no doubt" that the main goal is to keep the Lakers "healthy and whole" going into the playoffs, but says that their identity is still to be "playing harder than their opponent every night" for the guys that play.

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1336053211275386886?s=21

Frank says that he and LeBron will constantly re-evaluate how LeBron is feeling on "a day-to-day and week-to-week basis" about how much to let him rest.

"We've had preliminary conversations about that, but we're both sort of of the mindset to see how it plays out."

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1336052209562238976?s=21
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
THT SHOWIN OUT

Per Trudell

Vogel showing real optimism for @Thortontucker: “He continues to impress. The young man has a great attitude, a great spirit, comes to work every day with humility, and just goes out there and kicks people’s butts. He’s a heck of a talent, and he’s had a great two days here."

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1336054177059852288?s=21

Need. More. Details.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Training camp video:

Quinn Cook Not Yet Available As Lakers Begin Training Camp Shorthanded

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers held their first team practice of training camp on Sunday, though not all members of the roster were on hand at the UCLA Health Training Center, including the returning Quinn Cook.

“He has to go through the protocols of six or seven days of testing from the time he signed. So he’ll be out for the first few days; I think he’s going to be cleared for Thursday’s practice,” head coach Frank Vogel said.

https://lakersnation.com/quinn-cook-not-yet-available-lakers-training-camp-shorthanded/2020/12/07/
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Vogel, to
@kylegoon
's question about the LeBron-Schröder duo:

"That's a huge part of this year's plan is to see Dennis out there with LeBron... They're going to see heavy minutes over the course of this year
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers coach Frank Vogel said it’s probably unlikely LeBron James and Anthony Davis play in first preseason game Friday against the Clippers.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Lakers coach Frank Vogel said it’s probably unlikely LeBron James and Anthony Davis play in first preseason game Friday against the Clippers.

I don’t mind, I wanna see what Trezz/Schroeder and the rest of the guys can provide.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

LeBron already told folks do not look for me in the preseason games. I watched that interview those were his exact words.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

I don't like that. With so many new players on the team, they need to learn how to play with LeBron and AD.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

I don't like that. With so many new players on the team, they need to learn how to play with LeBron and AD.

u want the guy going into 18th season to play a playoff game? come on man

they have 72 games + playoffs to figure playing together
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Do you really think it's a good idea for LeBron to sit out all 4 preseason games? All he needs to do is play like 20 minutes in each game.

Plus, why does AD need "load management?" He's only 27.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Do you really think it's a good idea for LeBron to sit out all 4 preseason games? All he needs to do is play like 20 minutes in each game.

I definitely think Lebron should not play a single minute of preseason.

u didn't see how the NFL players were getting injured with no preseason and no training? there is no need to hurry back anybody.

what's the point here?
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

u didn't see how the NFL players were getting injured with no preseason and no training? there is no need to hurry back anybody.

what's the point here?

Yes.

If the Lakers make it to the playoffs healthy and whole, as described by Vogel, I like their chances to repeat. This year's Lakers team is a high IQ group whose talents will shine in the playoffs. If they go into the playoffs injury-free, they will be competing for a championship regardless of their seeding.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

what's the point here?

Yes.

If the Lakers make it to the playoffs healthy and whole, as described by Vogel, I like their chances to repeat. This year's Lakers team is a high IQ group whose talents will shine in the playoffs. If they go into the playoffs injury-free, they will be competing for a championship regardless of their seeding.

exactly. all the players added are pros: Wes, Marc, Dennis and Trez.

we have 72 games and 1st part of playoffs to gel. I dont want to see any injuries
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

what's the point here?

Yes.

exactly. all the players added are pros: Wes, Marc, Dennis and Trez.

we have 72 games and 1st part of playoffs to gel. I dont want to see any injuries

I don't want to see any injuries (or covid) either, but the other side of the argument is that if they don't play any preseason games, their chances of getting injured go up.

Like I said, LeBron doesn't need to play much in the preseason. Play and develop chemistry with Dennis, Trez, Wes, Gasol, but take it easy.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

Like I said, LeBron doesn't need to play much in the preseason. Play and develop chemistry with Dennis, Trez, Wes, Gasol, but take it easy.

they have 72 games to do it. what is the rush? specially when they just won a chip 71days back?
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
slavavov wrote:

they have 72 games to do it. what is the rush? specially when they just won a chip 71days back?

I'm guessing the Clippers, Nuggets, Mavs, Nets, Celtics, Bucks, etc. will have their key guys play in the preseason, so we'll fall behind them in developing chemistry, and it could prevent us from getting a high seed.

If we don't get the first or at least the second seed, we'll have a tough first-round opponent, which means we'll have to play more games, which means more opportunities for injuries.

Gotta find that balance between playing hard and not tiring guys like LeBron out.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject:

If I was coach I'd run him relatively hard in scrimmages.

In preseason games, if he even plays. I'd tell him to coast.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I'm guessing the Clippers, Nuggets, Mavs, Nets, Celtics, Bucks, etc. will have their key guys play in the preseason, so we'll fall behind them in developing chemistry, and it could prevent us from getting a high seed.

If we don't get the first or at least the second seed, we'll have a tough first-round opponent, which means we'll have to play more games, which means more opportunities for injuries.

Gotta find that balance between playing hard and not tiring guys like LeBron out.

meh. they have practices and 72 games to catchup. nobody scares me at all
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:24 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I’m guessing there’s a reason you’re not an NBA coach coaching HOF caliber players a couple months removed from a championship.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I’m guessing there’s a reason you’re not an NBA coach coaching HOF caliber players a couple months removed from a championship.

And it very well might be more than one reason
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject:

20 minutes???!!!
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
RG73 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

And it very well might be more than one reason

Whoa, what's that supposed to mean? No one has to agree with me, and I could be wrong about this.

If LeBron doesn't play in any of these preseason games, I actually hope I'm wrong about this, but we'll see. Like I said, they should strike the right balance, and i think coach Vogel has also alluded to that.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Looking forward to dat THT action.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Zero reason for either to play a single PS second.

They should play diminished minutes into Feb. The roster is fine to cover them. DS and Trez can make up the difference. No problem with them missing occasional games either.

Our goal is to win 16 in the POs. That's it.

#BannersOverBillboards
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: