3-point plan to begin the rebuilding of Lakers on 1540 The Ticket
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportsgod
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: 3-point plan to begin the rebuilding of Lakers on 1540 The Ticket

1. Fire Mitch Kupchack

2. Strip Jim Buss of all basketball duties

3. Hire Sam Presti as the new General Manager.

Presti is the assistant GM of the Spurs and their director of player personnel. He's credited with finding Ginobili and Parker and is regarded league wide as a star in the making. The Spurs are the model franchise in terms of winning championships while still remaining at the salary cap and some NBA executives feel Presti is as responsible as R.C. Buford and Greg Popovich for the team's success.

The best part? He's only 29 years old and could be here for years.

Feel free to call in today and give me your thoughts. 800 770-1540, 4-7PM PDT.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject:

I at least agree with number one. Mitch has had way too many chances to prove himself. The only thing he's proven is his own incompetence - and that's coming from a former Mitch supporter. Off with his head!
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject:

I agree with number one and two! Do it, Mitch!
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

orwell wrote:

that's a good one.

but seriously, dave, you're my favorite radio guy, i listen daily, but come on, ideas on rebuilding should be based at least on some level on reality, there's no way in hell jim buss is gonna be stripped of all his decision-making ability. it's an interesting idea, but so is trading for KG, but that has a better chance of happening then the SON OF THE OWNER being stripped of all powers.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

orwell wrote:

drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
I at least agree with number one. Mitch has had way too many chances to prove himself. The only thing he's proven is his own incompetence - and that's coming from a former Mitch supporter. Off with his head!

I have to admit that the inactivity is starting to get to me as far as Kupchak is concerned. I had been very supportive, but that is starting to change.

I don't want to bash Mitch, but its getting harder not to be critical. He needs a gut check moment, kind of like the one -- I think it was mentioned recently in an ESPN article -- where Jerry west threatened to resign if Buss pulled off a trade of James Worthy for Mark Aguirre and Roy Tarpley. If its a matter of Mitch trying to make changes and being blocked, then he needs to make a stand. This is his career as a GM on the line.

If what we've seen over the last few years is representative of what he has to offer as a GM, the its time for a change. We need some aggression and someone who is a closer in charge.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 3-point plan to begin the rebuilding of Lakers on 1540 The Ticket

sportsgod wrote:
1. Fire Mitch Kupchack

Presti is the assistant GM of the Spurs and their director of player personnel. He's credited with finding Ginobili and Parker and is regarded league wide as a star in the making. The Spurs are the model franchise in terms of winning championships while still remaining at the salary cap and some NBA executives feel Presti is as responsible as R.C. Buford and Greg Popovich for the team's success.

Thoughts. If Presti is the new GM, can I be a video coordinator, or better yet, scout?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Mike AT LG -- would be a great scout man DO it MITCH!
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:

You must be joking!
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject:

drew4lakers wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

I have to admit that the inactivity is starting to get to me as far as Kupchak is concerned. I had been very supportive, but that is starting to change.

I don't want to bash Mitch, but its getting harder not to be critical. He needs a gut check moment, kind of like the one -- I think it was mentioned recently in an ESPN article -- where Jerry west threatened to resign if Buss pulled off a trade of James Worthy for Mark Aguirre and Roy Tarpley. If its a matter of Mitch trying to make changes and being blocked, then he needs to make a stand. This is his career as a GM on the line.

If what we've seen over the last few years is representative of what he has to offer as a GM, the its time for a change. We need some aggression and someone who is a closer in charge.

You're right. Kupcake can't seem to make any great decisions. None of his drafts have worked out well.

We are 500 team because that we have one great player and the rest are very very inconsistent.

Cook is a great shooter but his defense and rebounding is terrible.

Brown was a waste of 8 million dollars and Butler.

We choose Rush instead of Prince. That was a mistake. The list is endless.

Kupcake should have taken a stand but he is scared. His biggest risk was signing JR Rider. Whoopie.
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject:

This was Mitch Cupcake's FINAL chance to prove that he had the right to be the General Manager of the Los Angeles Lakers..I really thought that he would do something in the offseason and especially during the all star break to improve the team, especially since he saw that we were not getting any better..but NO..I guess the Lakers look like a championship team to him and we didn't need to do any trades..not get one single player to make the team better..Nope..Kobe has to do all the work again..First he brings us the dumbass Kwame Brown, a player that NO team wanted..gee I wonder why..cause he SUCKS..but Mitch must have seen some greatness in him that no one else in the world can see..so now we are stuck with him cause no team in the world would be that stunted in taking him..Mitch has made the Lakers into a joke when they were once bringing LA championships and playoffs..he has ruined the team, and its time for him to go..he better be gone at the end of the season..the damage that he has caused will take years to fix
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
You must be joking!

Think I am?

I turned down the Clipper organization internship because they couldn't get me on the basketball side of the job. Doesn't mean an offer wasn't headed my way.

Periodically, I get asked to contribute as a writer, based on basketball knowledge. Writing for 3 sites voluntarily isn't easy. Two of them found me through here and emailed me. Go figure.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
DaFish
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Can I be in charge of finding new cheerleaders? Or at least to keep them in shape?
Mjr. Pwnage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
angel wrote:
You must be joking!

Think I am?

I turned down the Clipper organization internship because they couldn't get me on the basketball side of the job. Doesn't mean an offer wasn't headed my way.

Periodically, I get asked to contribute as a writer, based on basketball knowledge. Writing for 3 sites voluntarily isn't easy. Two of them found me through here and emailed me. Go figure.

Mike,

You gotta start in college man. Popovich from Pitzer, Pfund from Santa Barbara Westmont, etc etc. That's the only way (almost) if not a former NBA player or the son of Del Harris.
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

I hope Dave Smith is not claiming the Sam Presti idea to be his. Sky was posting about Presti on another forum about a week or so ago.
Mjr. Pwnage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject:

kenkoy wrote:
I hope Dave Smith is not claiming the Sam Presti idea to be his. Sky was posting about Presti on another forum about a week or so ago.

Even if the Buss family meddles with the "big picture," Presti could help this team a lot in terms of late first / second round picks.
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 3-point plan to begin the rebuilding of Lakers on 1540 The Ticket

sportsgod wrote:
1. Fire Mitch Kupchack

4. Jerry Buss sell the team, he's become the Al Davis of the NFL.
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject:

so let's see.. mitch had opportunties to obtain artest, boozer, bender (ok we give you that one, but NOBODY had any idea he would retire), tmac, francis, kg, gooden and damon jones, rashard lewis..

and that's just THIS SEASON ALONE.

who did we pick up? not a SINGLE player.. not even a role player off waivers.

the guy is just 100% incompetent.. he could have at least tried to pick up a vet to solidify the bench even if he was unable to pull the trigger on a trade.. but he couldn't even get THAT done. what a joke.

mitch needs to be publicly castrated with his hands tied to the magic johnson statue.. with "johnson" being the metaphor here. do it mitch!
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject:

kenkoy wrote:

Dave began talking up Presti prior to the start of the season.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 3-point plan to begin the rebuilding of Lakers on 1540 The Ticket

sportsgod wrote:
1. Fire Mitch Kupchack

Not gonna happen. If I thought the Buss Family was even remotely interested in bringing in an outsider, I would say fire Mitch Kupchak yesterday. But they're not. Jimmy Buss will be the next general manager of the Lakers. They're letting Mitch stand in and take all the heat while the Lakers go through their 'transitional phase.' But as soon as they get the inside track on a possible big acquisition, Mitch will be out, and Jimmy will be in taking all the credit.
SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:

^^Then let the downward spiral to continue.
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

RYZ wrote:
kenkoy wrote:

Dave began talking up Presti prior to the start of the season.

PWNED!
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

OH, yeah! turn the MAJOR decision making to a talk sports radio host, priceless.
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 3-point plan to begin the rebuilding of Lakers on 1540 The Ticket

sportsgod wrote:
1. Fire Mitch Kupchack

Good luck with #2. That'll happen never. He'll be owning the franchise soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BestDamnLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Gotta take the good with the bad. I'm frustrated as hell, but at least we're a winning franchise. Jerry Buss is not Al Davis.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: