So who is in the starting 5?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Gasol
AD
Lebron
Wes
KCP

If I was coaching this would be my starting lineup too. But Schroeder is pretty confident he is starting.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
textbook wrote:
I think this will def be the starting line up and subs:

Shroder
Mathews
Lebron
Davis
Gasol

Subs:
KCP/THT
Caruso/THT
Kuzma/THT
Morris
Montrez

Shroder was promised starting gig. Mathews I think was also mentioned as starter. Hid defense on bigger guards better than KCP. This is the only one however that could go to KCP. Gasol was brought in to start next to Davis. THT will get minutes but it's only been two preseason games. What happens when he gets 6 points next game. Also, I'm sure with Covid and Lebron resting, he will get a lot of minutes.

Schroder wasn't promised a starting gig? He wants it but i'd be absolutely shocked if the Lakers "promised" anyone a starting role since that's one of Vogel's biggest strengths is that he's not afraid to change things up at any point in the regular season or Playoff's.

He could very well end up starting but it's not a given at all imo. I personally feel the ideal starting lineup to start the season is KCP and Wes in the backcourt with Dennis possibly getting the most minutes out of the 3 or at least neck to neck with KCP.

I guess that was one of the things discussed with his agent, starting. However, I agree I like him better off the bench. But I think he starts not to piss him off.

Ideal line up:

KCP
Caruso
Lebron
AD
Gasol

Shroder/ THT
Mathews/ THT
Kuzma / THT
Morris /
Montrez /
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Based on today’s decision by Vogel, I think Kuz will play the role of starter if any of the players in the starting 5 are out.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
Based on today’s decision by Vogel, I think Kuz will play the role of starter if any of the players in the starting 5 are out.

For sure with LBJ and possibly AD. But I’m not sure how much we can read into it.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

For sure with LBJ and possibly AD. But I’m not sure how much we can read into it.

I mean KCP is out, and he’s able to fill that role. If Gasol is out, I can see AD slide up to 5. If. Schröder is out, KCP can guard the opposing teams pg.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

I mean KCP is out, and he’s able to fill that role. If Gasol is out, I can see AD slide up to 5. If. Schröder is out, KCP can guard the opposing teams pg.

This is the nice thing about having legit 2 deep at every position.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
What it should be:

Alex Caruso
KCP
Lebron James
Anthony Davis
Marc Gasol

What it’s probably going to be:

Dennis Schroder
KCP
Lebron James
Anthony Davis
Marc Gasol

What I selfishly want it to be by the end of the season:

Talen-Horton Tucker/Dennis Schroder
KCP/Alex Caruso
Lebron James/Wes Matthews
Anthony Davis/Kyle Kuzma/Markieff Morris
Marc Gasol/Montrez Harrell/Markieff Morris

It’s like you read my mind. Exactly what I was thinking.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Think Vogel will keep the starting 5 fluid based on health and opponent. I wish we could goto a faster lineup with James and Davis at the 4 and 5 with Kuz as the big wing defender (like Green was last year) KCP chasing players of screens and Schroeder providing point of attack defense and leading us in transition:
#DeathMetalMatters
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject:

I really don't like Marc as a starter. I hope I'm wrong though.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Think Vogel will keep the starting 5 fluid based on health and opponent. I wish we could goto a faster lineup with James and Davis at the 4 and 5 with Kuz as the big wing defender (like Green was last year) KCP chasing players of screens and Schroeder providing point of attack defense and leading us in transition:

72 games will give coach enough time to tinker with lineups that produce. He's an intelligent coach with a sharp staff. The most exciting thing for a child during Christmas time is the anticipation and acquisition of new toys.

Coach Vogel, LeBron & AD have a lot of toys to sort through and enjoy courtesy of Rob Pelinka.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

72 games will give coach enough time to tinker with lineups that produce. He's an intelligent coach with a sharp staff. The most exciting thing for a child during Christmas time is the anticipation and acquisition of new toys.

Coach Vogel, LeBron & AD have a lot of toys to sort through and enjoy courtesy of Rob Pelinka.

Yup, it's awesome having a coach that's completely willing to shake things up no matter what the stakes are. McGee was the starter for the majority of the regular season yet played next to no minutes in the entire Playoffs which was the clear right decision but not many coaches would actually do that. It's why you see Vogel experimenting so much just like he did in the bubble qualifying games. He's not afraid to go against the grain or sit a vet which is not a trait many coaches share.

We're going to see a ton of lineup changes throughout the year both for experiment and necessity. We already know we're a clear top contender so now it's time to use the regular season to build the chemistry and find out what rotations and lineups work best for different situations.

I cant even begin to tell you how refreshing it was to see a coach in P&G make legit adjustments from game to game and even half to half. He never had to wait to "watch film" because he knows wtf he is doing and is elite at his job with a great surrounding cast from his staff to the players and all throughout the front office.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Would love to see AC get some starts. But I think that's unlikely unless his 3pt shooting levels up. But he may still close out games in close matches.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

KCP
Wes
Bron
AD
Marc
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:

I think Kuz only started cause KCP was out. Makes me think our starting lineup will be
Schroder
KCP
Bron
AD
Marc
which I disagree with
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Starters :
Dennis Shroeder
Wesley Matthews
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Marc Gasol

Bench:
Alex Caruso
THT
KCP
Kyle Kuzma / Markieff Morris
Montrezl Harrell
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Great One wrote:
Gasol
AD
Lebron
Wes
KCP

If I was coaching this would be my starting lineup too. But Schroeder is pretty confident he is starting.

It's early, but Schröder seemed lost offensively with the starters. Great defensive effort, though.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Great One wrote:
Gasol
AD
Lebron
Wes
KCP

It's early, but Schröder seemed lost offensively with the starters. Great defensive effort, though.

Finally someone else noticed this. Schroder might see a decrease in scoring and spend more time defending and passing. He’s given great effort defensively and knows that’s how you get minutes on this team.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Maybe we should experiment starting Kuz with KCP moving forward.

Gasol (20) - Harrell (28)
AD (33) - Kieff (15)
LeBron (32) - Kuzma (12) - KCP (4)
Kuzma (14) - Matthews (12) - Caruso (22)
KCP (20) - Schroeder (28)
Kobefied
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject: Matthews should start

His defensive intensity is sorely needed in the starting 5.

Lebron,Davis,Gasol,Pope plus Matthews.

Schroder needs a lot more minutes before he can develop chemistry with these guys. Should not be that difficult of a job for the coaches to sell him on this.

A lot of games in compressed season, he will get tons of opportunities to earn starting lineup - but he should have to earn it like everyone else.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

Kuz or Matthew as the primary big guard, don't matter who start (prob KCP start next to Schroeder)
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject:

KCP/Wes should be starting backcourt, with denis/AC/Kuz/Trez second unit
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject:

I would prefer a Davis, Harrell, James, KCP, THT (or Caruso) starting lineup. Pretty dynamic on both ends of the court.

Gasol (looking slow), Schroder (looking passive) and Mathews (looking average) all would be better off the bench IMO. Schroder in the starting lineup is a waste.

James is going to run the team and the ball goes through him when he is on the court. Have seen no difference in the game plan or concerted effort to "rest" him by letting others bring up the ball. James is going to be James. Resting him will be more about which games he chooses to sit, not decreased work.

My "way too early because it is pre-season" observations are the Lakers are going to struggle to rebound and score in the paint all season long. Too many bigs that are perimeter players instead of focusing on the little things in the paint.

Different team this season. Defense development is going to be interesting. When locked in and choosing to put forth the effort (playoffs) the perimeter defense looks good. Will always struggle to get rebounds though. The offset is much deeper scoring options. Would not be surprised to see Lakers as top scoring team but slip out of the top 10 in defense rankings. Just a different approach that should lead to a lot of wins.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

Yeah, we outscored the Suns 23-17 with Wesley, and that is with Marc Gasol being a bit of a defensive liability in this one.

Gasol/AD/Bron/Matthews/KCP is the starting lineup that has shown most chemistry out of the AD/Bron starting lineups.

But I think in athletic match ups like against the Suns, you want to bring Gasol off the bench, and get Caruso in as starter. AD/Bron/Matthews/KCP/Caruso.

I definitely think for all his talk, Schroder has not shown he is a starter on this team, and that he is best served being part of an insanely talented 2nd unit of Trez, Kuz, THT, Schroder and AD or Gasol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

We are missing a starting center. Mark Gasol will not get the job done. He is too slow, too unathletic, no scoring threat, etc. With his strong passing skills and veteran savvy, Mark would make a solid backup center.

So...with a mystery starting center I prefer this lineup:

??????
AD
LeBron
Matthews
KCP

With Gasol starting, I prefer this lineup:

Gasol
AD
LeBron
Kuzma
KCP
Kobefied
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Yeah, we outscored the Suns 23-17 with Wesley, and that is with Marc Gasol being a bit of a defensive liability in this one.

Gasol/AD/Bron/Matthews/KCP is the starting lineup that has shown most chemistry out of the AD/Bron starting lineups.

But I think in athletic match ups like against the Suns, you want to bring Gasol off the bench, and get Caruso in as starter. AD/Bron/Matthews/KCP/Caruso.

I definitely think for all his talk, Schroder has not shown he is a starter on this team, and that he is best served being part of an insanely talented 2nd unit of Trez, Kuz, THT, Schroder and AD or Gasol.

Even better! That was my second thought should Gasol really be starting?
And should we really be denying Caruso starting minutes - he clearly has amazing chemistry with Lebron/AD and KCP that we should be taking advantage of.

Not like Gasol takes the jump, it was AD - if you really want to stomp out an opponent from the tip,

AD/Bron/Matthews/KCP/Caruso is the lineup to go with...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: