Would You trade for Harden?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would You trade for Harden?
Yes
18%
 18%  [ 18 ]
No
81%
 81%  [ 79 ]
Total Votes : 97

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Halflife wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
He's a technical genius on offense regardless of the treatment he gets from the refs. Give me 9 of 10 from the line, improved efficiency with less touches and remember with his skill his game will age well.

We could actually lose DS and Harrell in a year, but the biggest reason you make the move is why they landed Harrell. You keep him away from a contender, he's that much of a game changer. I love LA's young supporting cast and can't stand Harden's antics, but LA is that deep and 3 "prime" HOFs = rings

We havent seen him being a 3rd option. Bron is ball handler and ad proved to be too much for opponents. As historic as everyone says he is, he hasn’t gotten over the hump with some pretty talented teams. Plus you notice good players tend to leave him. I would rather a shot blocker and health

We have. It was OKC.

You really going that deep in the history books? Part of the reason they split was because James knew he was more than that. He is. As long as 2 others guys on the team aren’t better.
wsjan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
I wouldn't, but Houston or Dreamshake would be crazy to turn down that package. That's a hell of a haul for a grumpy 31 yr old dude. But I see Houston being delusional about Harden's value and want a package similar to AD package with talented players as well as a bunch of picks.

Why not? The Pelicans got a similar 3 FRPs 2 pick swaps package for Jrue Holiday.
You would think Harden would get more than that.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, def. has zero to do with overvaluing our own guys. It's more about how we have no reason whatsoever to make a panic overhaul move like this in our current situation. We have endless offense already including 2 of the top 5 guys in the entire NBA who are currently working themselves slowly back into the grind for another title run. I doubt Houston takes the offer as well since they want youth and picks which would be the right move and I agree with so at the end of the day it's bad for both sides.

The biggest problem for us has been defense imo. I think we have the talent and personnel to get dominant again though it's just going to take some time. Give them a good month or so at least with the quick turnaround and a bunch of new players. They absolutely destroyed two solid teams before the Trailblazers who they barely lost too. This team will absolutely remain looking like this where they look unbeatable some nights and other nights things just dont go well at all. Past great teams did the same thing following a Championship and that's without all the extra stuff added to this season.

AD looks even more rusty and lost early in this season at times then Lebron has. Pretty sure he hasn't even got a single block yet? I can promise that wont be the case later in the season. Just give it time and this team will be dominant asf later this season and into the Playoffs as long as Covid stays away and we remain mostly healthy.

Harden is a great pickup for a team that has no superstars for sure if they're willing to take the chance. Can you imagine Harden doing what he has thus far while on the Lakers? It would be the 1st story on nearly every single sports show daily and would be absolutely toxic. Anytime he was in a strip club or found not wearing a mask it would be huge news. Anytime he glared at a teammate who didnt pass him the ball or let him bring it up it would be guaranteed highlight material whether we won or not etc. etc....

Hard pass to all that. Enough drama going on in the world and with other teams. It's been incredibly refreshing this last year with not only winning the Championship but having a fun, high chemistry team with no real drama surrounding us. Harden is obviously ridiculously talented that is never in question, it's every other aspect about him on and off the court that is though.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Need a selection titled: NFW
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

So. You want to go back in a time machine when he was 6th man? Yea. Ok.

Um, I believe the question was when have we seen him be a 3rd option. We have seen it. He obviously had a different role in Houston, since his team was not stacked.

Halflife wrote:

Harden has had stacked teams some of which were favored and when he was called on he bricked.

Please list these stacked teams, in Houston.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Pretty ridiculous that the Nuggets are making MPJ untouchable in Harden trade talks, imagine how good a Jokic/Harden/Murray trio can be, if they can get it done while only including Porter and sweetners + load of picks they need to do it.
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Pretty ridiculous that the Nuggets are making MPJ untouchable in Harden trade talks, imagine how good a Jokic/Harden/Murray trio can be, if they can get it done while only including Porter and sweetners + load of picks they need to do it.

That trio will have the worst defense in the league.

On Lakers he would be option 1a. or 1b. with Lebron playing more of Distributor role and AD is best when used as a defense first guy with pick and roll/pop usage on offense. Harden would be the main go to scorer most nights.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:45 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I would demand Murray if I were the Rockets’ GM. Harden/Jokic alone is enough to get to the WCF.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Um, I believe the question was when have we seen him be a 3rd option. We have seen it. He obviously had a different role in Houston, since his team was not stacked.

Halflife wrote:

Harden has had stacked teams some of which were favored and when he was called on he bricked.

Lols. Stop being silly. Harden has had hof teammates with depth. He has come up tiny when it mattered. Stop acting like he played on bad teams. If I wanted I’m sure I could scrounge through past articles etc where the rox were considered one of the favorites. Fortunately I don’t have bleeps to give about harden or rox. Facts are harden has run out good teammates. This bed he’s in is all him.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

You really going that deep in the history books? Part of the reason they split was because James knew he was more than that. He is. As long as 2 others guys on the team aren’t better.

Summer 2012 is deep in the history books?
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Halflife wrote:

Lols. Stop being silly. Harden has had hof teammates with depth. He has come up tiny when it mattered. Stop acting like he played on bad teams. If I wanted I’m sure I could scrounge through past articles etc where the rox were considered one of the favorites. Fortunately I don’t have bleeps to give about harden or rox. Facts are harden has run out good teammates. This bed he’s in is all him.

1st year in Houston: 0 all-star teammates.
2nd year in Houston: post-all star Dwight.
3rd year: still Dwight as the only other all-star (plus Ariza and Beverly)
4th: still Dwight, no other all-stars
5th: no Dwight, but Gordon, Harrell, Lou, Bev, Ariza, Capela--deep, but no other star power
6th: CP3 finally added, Ariza, Capela, Tucker, Gordon
7th: post-all star Melo added to CP3
8th: CP3 swapped for Westbrook
Current season: no other all-stars

So in 9 seasons with the Rockets, 3 of those season he could be said to be playing with an all-star caliber/HOF teammate, 3 of those seasons with a rapidly (at the time) declining Dwight. And probably 4 of those 9 with no significant depth.

I understand that you think 9 years is deep history, and therefore your frame of reference is the last season, but really the guy has toiled without much help for most of the time in Houston.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Summer 2012 is deep in the history books?

8yrs? Considering average career of nba player is half that? Sure. However I will tap out since having Nash and Dwight together feels like yesterday, and harden clearly seems like the same dude.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

I didn't say he played on bad teams. I said he didn't play on stacked teams. I also said the title winning teams that beat him were more talented teams. You claim his teams were stacked. Please highlight these specific teams/years so we can go look at that team in comparison to the other teams in the league, and mainly the teams he lost to. Patiently waiting....
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I didn't say he played on bad teams. I said he didn't play on stacked teams. I also said the title winning teams that beat him were more talented teams. You claim his teams were stacked. Please highlight these specific teams/years so we can go look at that team in comparison to the other teams in the league, and mainly the teams he lost to. Patiently waiting....

The only stacked team he played for was at OKC.

It wasn't in HOU, especially with how much HOU bought into the small ball lineups and how effective they were to eventual championship teams like GSW.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject:

He was supposed to win when he was playing with Westbrick and KD in OKC. Westbrick was hitting his prime and KD was absolute nuts back then and still now.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

I'd rather see the club continue along the current roster's path for another season, no hell, the whole period of LeBron's tenure here.

I'm wary of Harden's value to any club, especially one I care about which is seeking harmonious team play and playoff success. His addition to this club would imply a desire for a sea change to everything it currently does. He's be an interruption, a high risk move as well.

So to me, any interest in bringing Harden to this club (coming off a championship season as it is going) would have to be overwhelmingly based on a judgement that the Laker offense is horribly broken. There can be no other reason to even consider him for the Lakers.

Pass, a hundred times, pass.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject:

I voted yes for DS, KCP, and Kuzma. Lakers keep Montrell and THT.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject:

I think Milwaukee should get a Middleton package together for Harden.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

This is a trade that would be horrible for both teams. Harden is a talent, but he’s making a crap ton of money and we are hard capped, so unless AD or Lebron are going out for him it would take basically everyone but them to send out enough salary to fit Harden under the hard cap, and with the hard cap we wouldn’t have any money to fill out the rest of the roster. The Rockets would have to free up roster space to take everyone, and that’s ignoring that the trade isn’t great for them either.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject:

FWIW, Harden has been iso’ing a lot less during the games so far, until closing time.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject:

No need to reshuffle this team. They’re going to easily win it all with what they have.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject:

wsjan wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
I wouldn't, but Houston or Dreamshake would be crazy to turn down that package. That's a hell of a haul for a grumpy 31 yr old dude. But I see Houston being delusional about Harden's value and want a package similar to AD package with talented players as well as a bunch of picks.

Why not? The Pelicans got a similar 3 FRPs 2 pick swaps package for Jrue Holiday.
You would think Harden would get more than that.

That and the PG13 trade are not comparable. Those are guns to the head trades. Freak did not commit. He wanted to see what they would do. OKC had leverage on Clippers. Pelicans had leverage on Milwaukee. Houston has no leverage here.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Would Golden State offer Wiseman + Wiggins + own pick + Minnesota pick for Harden? And would Houston accept?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Just think we need to consolidate our talent so the team has better structure for the playoffs. Too many moving components with the guys we have now. Schroeder and Trez don't fit this team. Kuzma and THT are young talents who would be required to make this deal.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:08 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Would Golden State offer Wiseman + Wiggins + own pick + Minnesota pick for Harden? And would Houston accept?

I have a feeling GS is quite high on Wiseman, not to mention harden and klay play the same position.. Unless they honestly think they can contend this year, doubt they make that trade..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: