Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject:

Aldridge might get X'd out of the rotation if we meet in the finals. Drummond exposed him. That means AD will destroy him as well. MDA loves going small, I could see them doing that against us.
Big 3, Joe Harris and Jeff Green.
At that point, all the cards will be in our hands. And I like our chances.

Maybe BRK dusts of Deandre Jordan for that series though. Which could be interesting. Wonder what he'd look like against Drummond. He should be fresh since he's resting while being out of the rotation.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Aldridge might get X'd out of the rotation if we meet in the finals. Drummond exposed him. That means AD will destroy him as well. MDA loves going small, I could see them doing that against us.

Maybe BRK dusts of Deandre Jordan for that series though. Which could be interesting. Wonder what he'd look like against Drummond. He should be fresh since he's resting while being out of the rotation.

That's what i think Nash will do to try to counter Drummond, so it will be interesting to see if Aldridge is benched since KD can play the 4 effectively (or will Aldridge slide to the 4?). What i would do if i were Vogel is put LeBron/AD + Drummond in the high post PnR (or up to the 3pt line depending on their comfort level) and continually attack the rim with lobs and drives (or take the shot if Bron or AD are left open). You also have the option of Schroder in the high PnR with Drummond, and let's see if old ass DJ can guard Schroder (and the lob threat) from the 3pt line to the rim.

LeBron/AD/Drummond can all pass out of the paint for corner 3s if/when the Nets try to swarm the paint with off-ball defenders. If the Nets do not swarm the paint, destroy them with lobs, crash the offensive glass (Trez, Morris, and Kuz can play a huge role here), and just continue to bully them into submission (put them in the bonus early and wear them down). We'll see how effective they are from 3pt land after their bodies are tired from the continual punishment the Lakers put on them over the course of a series (go right through Kyrie or Joe Harris if/when they are caught guarding our big guys).
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:

That's what i think Nash will do to try to counter Drummond, so it will be interesting to see if Aldridge is benched since KD can play the 4 effectively (or will Aldridge slide to the 4?). What i would do if i were Vogel is put LeBron/AD + Drummond in the high post PnR (or up to the 3pt line depending on their comfort level) and continually attack the rim with lobs and drives (or take the shot if Bron or AD are left open). You also have the option of Schroder in the high PnR with Drummond, and let's see if old ass DJ can guard Schroder (and the lob threat) from the 3pt line to the rim.

LeBron/AD/Drummond can all pass out of the paint for corner 3s if/when the Nets try to swarm the paint with off-ball defenders. If the Nets do not swarm the paint, destroy them with lobs, crash the offensive glass (Trez, Morris, and Kuz can play a huge role here), and just continue to bully them into submission (put them in the bonus early and wear them down). We'll see how effective they are from 3pt land after their bodies are tired from the continual punishment the Lakers put on them over the course of a series (go right through Kyrie or Joe Harris if/when they are caught guarding our big guys).

When they formed their big 3, I said BRK biggest weakness is actually the glass. They may have super efficient scorers but if we limit their 2nd chance opportunities and maximize ours. Their efficient scorers can be negated because we're shooting around 10 more shots than them per game. Drummond makes that even more possible.

And yes, they switch on defense alot so LBJ, AD, Drummond have to make them hurt on those switches.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:29 pm    Post subject:

lmao typical doc rivers team

dem sixers can barely beat a undermanned Nets team
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
lmao typical doc rivers team

dem sixers can barely beat a undermanned Nets team

Yeah this is one of those in the win column, but mentally a loss.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject:

They benched Kyrie in the 4th at the 6th minute mark, then without Harden, KD, or Kyrie, proceeded to get the score to 115-118 with a minute left.

Just a bunch of part time stars
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I kept waiting for Nash to insert Jordan, but he never did. Jordan is a true, physical center, much like Drummond, Aldridge, however, is a true power forward, much like Davis, except Davis is the premier defender.

Nash isn't coaching very well if he doesn't insert Jordan against us, should we meet down the road.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I kept waiting for Nash to insert Jordan, but he never did. Jordan is a true, physical center, much like Drummond, Aldridge, however, is a true power forward, much like Davis, except Davis is the premier defender.

Nash isn't coaching very well if he doesn't insert Jordan against us, should we meet down the road.

DJ didnt do much about Embiid, I doubt he can stop Dre too. Nets is really weak on defense.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject:

Definite plot twist - LMA retires

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1382708080262193155?s=21
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject:

so for all the NO DEFENSE talk, Philly won by 6 points when Harden and KD didn't even play
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
so for all the NO DEFENSE talk, Philly won by 6 points when Harden and KD didn't even play

And Brooklyn's defense gave up 123 points which is 10 points over league average.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Esposed him to retirement. Honestly he will not only face Dre if they meet in the finals. He will also face Giannis and Embiid in the playoffs.

Better be retire than face that punishment, specially he has a heart problem.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

Dude... smh
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Esposed him to retirement. Honestly he will not only face Dre if they meet in the finals. He will also face Giannis and Embiid in the playoffs.

Stay classy.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject:

That sucks he had to retire, I always liked his game. I thought he had another couple years left. Hope he gets the care he needs and he doesn't have any further heart problems
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Garbage comment.

Hope it wasnt vax related...hope he recovers 100%.

#BannersOverBillboards
Aphex Twin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject:

Will LMA still get a Eastern Conference Championship ring?
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

Really a shame about LMA. He has been consistently good for so long. Seems like a good guy. It might change dynamics for the team in terms of depth. But if health is at stake,... then that seems like a no brainer. Hope they figure out the cause and prevent any major problems in the future.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject:

Reminds me of the Ronny turiaf situation
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject:

Aphex Twin wrote:
Will LMA still get a Eastern Conference Championship ring?

I’m dead. ☠️
lonesoul
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

He probably realized what a pain it is to play with Kyrie. Kind of weird that a guy just retires all of a sudden. Wouldn't all the physicals pick up on an irregular heartbeat?
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

lonesoul wrote:
He probably realized what a pain it is to play with Kyrie. Kind of weird that a guy just retires all of a sudden. Wouldn't all the physicals pick up on an irregular heartbeat?

Don't think we need to surmise anything other than what it is. Heart arrhythmia can develop over time, or later in life. There are so many potential causes. It can be manage or it can be dangerous. There are many examples where stuff like this became known by athletes later in life when, presumably, they have been under careful medical examination and care for a long time.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Wish LMA all the best in beating his health issues. As far as the Nets are concerned, their already suspect defense just got a lot worse.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

LMA gave them more than Fake Griffin has albeit small sample sizes. Can't stand LMA after he spurned us in free agency so mixed emotions here.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Don't know why I wasn't aware of this. But apparently, LMA was diagnosed with a heart condition early on in his career.

http://instreetclothes.com/2021/04/15/understanding-lamarcus-aldridges-heart-issue/

(I have no idea how legit that source is... so take it for what it's worth.)

But anyway, yeah... the Nets defense is a mess.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 58 of 73
Jump to: