Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Nets come out of the East, but the safe pick right now is either Philly or the Bucks, I think Nets need 1 more year with the Big 3 before they can make a run, but this year my money is on Sixers or the Bucks coming out of the East then next year it will be the Nets.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
nets defense has legit been garbage tier

Nets really need a rim protecting big.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Harden is pretty much useless without the ball in his hands all the time. It is clear the nets don’t need Kyrie or harden. If they can trade one of them for another star like Beal or some role players , they’d be very dangerous.
The NBA luxury tax makes it very hard to maintain 3 super star teams
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Harden is pretty much useless without the ball in his hands all the time. It is clear the nets don’t need Kyrie or harden. If they can trade one of them for another star like Beal or some role players , they’d be very dangerous.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

Nash Vegas wrote:
lordtrapula wrote:

They are hoping incoming Norvel Pelle can do that.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

Kyrie is taking away harden's ability to get a foul and go to the FT line. Harden's FTA will decrese tremendously. It's as if the best way to defend Harden is to let Kyrie take the ball and you dont need to worry on the refs calling ticky tacky fouls. Kyrie will probably pull up for a j.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie is trying to prove to everyone he's not a "3rd cog"

Wonder how KD and Harden will view that down the line
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I trust Kyrie much more as a consistent perimeter shooter then Harden if they have to split ball handling/iso duties. Harden is extremely inconsistent if he's not getting a bunch of foul calls and dominating the ball. He can absolutely still go off here and there but I don't think he's going to be consistent at all this year if they don't tell Kyrie he has to be the clear third option most nights and play much more off the ball then Harden when on the court together.

The other side is i'm sure nobody on that coaching staff will tell Kyrie this and god only knows how he'd react to it if they did.

They have no chance to get out of the East if they continue playing the style they are currently playing and no late season buyouts or the amount of time on the court together is going to make it that much better imo. Irving had a great game and Harden had a solid game yet they still got pretty much dominated by the worst offense in the NBA (The Cavs shot well over 60% for the second half with much of it just pure paint dominance). There was no Durant but that's still unacceptable.

They'll have nights they look incredible offensively and people will start acting scared of them again but it's not sustainable at all on a consistent basis with how they are running there offense since Harden went there. I hope they don't change anything as a Lakers fan though.
drewdizown8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject:

yes
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

let’s not fool ourselves... this team is being run by MDA and unless Nash takes the reigns and incorporate a semblance of a defense this team is not making it to the finals
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

As currently constructed, they won’t make it out of the East tbh.

They need some major roster upgrades in terms of defensive minded players and players who excel at the details and dirty work. Won’t be easy to address all that in a compressed season.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
As currently constructed, they won’t make it out of the East tbh.

They need some major roster upgrades in terms of defensive minded players and players who excel at the details and dirty work. Won’t be easy to address all that in a compressed season.

Loving their last 2 losses so far Especially without Durant, that team really has some defensive issues.

Interesting how Harden-Durant 2-0, throw Kyrie in the mix and suddenly he is Mr. Ball Hog and they are 0-2.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
let’s not fool ourselves... this team is being run by MDA and unless Nash takes the reigns and incorporate a semblance of a defense this team is not making it to the finals

They may just need a complete coaching overhaul. Take the Lakers, for example, basically all their coaches are defense-minded folks. Nash was offense minded, as is MDA.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

I think Harden-Durant can work...Kyrie cannot work with anyone. He'd bring down a Michael Jordan team.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
lordtrapula wrote:

And that's when we swoop in and nab that fella to at least play keep away...
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject:

On another note. How bout Larry Nance

I did not know he could shoot threes, pass, and a little bit of everything else now. Thats the type of player the Nets desperately need
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

I did not know he could shoot threes, pass, and a little bit of everything else now. Thats the type of player the Nets desperately need

I miss Larry Nance Jr for sure, always a guy that gave us best effort during his time with the Lakers along with Jordan Clarkson.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:27 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

The Lakers scouting department is a hidden gem, all their draftees got Paid...
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:02 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Harden is extremely inconsistent if he's not getting a bunch of foul calls and dominating the ball.

No he's not (on the bolded). Over the last 3 years he's refined his game to essentially become a consistent high volume 3 point shooter, taking a ton of step-back three's, with his 3 point attempt rate climbing as high as 56%. His shots went to 20, 25 and 22 a night and his FT rate decreased, as he put up 10, 13 and 12 threes a night (making around 37% of them). That narrative needs to die.

TBD on his performance with less usage.

They lost the last two games because of their interior defense. I believe they gave up over 100 points in the paint.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
hype wrote:
Harden is extremely inconsistent if he's not getting a bunch of foul calls and dominating the ball.

No he's not (on the bolded). Over the last 3 years he's refined his game to essentially become a consistent high volume 3 point shooter, taking a ton of step-back three's. His shots went to 20, 25 and 22 a night and his FT rate decreased, as he put up 10, 13 and 12 threes a night (making around 37% of them). That narrative needs to die.

TBD on his performance with less usage.

They lost the last two games because of their interior defense. I believe they gave up over 100 points in the paint.

hmm.. kind of odd how he has the majority of his bad shooting nights in the Playoffs when he's not getting the same calls I see him get in the regular season. I will admit I don't watch nearly all of his regular season games since he's not a fun player at all to watch as just a general NBA fan but I still watched a good amount and nearly all of his Playoff games and this is what I notice yearly. I see him ice cold some games and red hot others and the foul shots are usually what keeps his scoring consistently high through it all.

I will be watching much more of the Nets games though so we'll see. Maybe he'll change that narrative from me at least but I have a feeling that wont be the case yet again if Kyrie is still doing a good amount of the ball handling.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:37 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
I think Harden-Durant can work...Kyrie cannot work with anyone. He'd bring down a Michael Jordan team.

That's how I've begun to feel about Kyrie. He has a Kobe/Jordan level ego, Dennis Rodman wackiness, meanwhile he's an all-star but not superstar talent imo. The problem is in my opinion he always thinks he should be the #1, and on that team he's a clear cut #3.

That level of ego isn't going to mesh well with two guys who also think they should have the ball in their hands at the end of games. During those Cavs runs Lebron was content to allow Kyrie to attack Steph. I don't see Durant or Harden as happy to cede those responsibilities. Especially not Harden who isn't nearly as good off ball and is imo a better shot creator than Kyrie.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:05 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:

hmm.. kind of odd how he has the majority of his bad shooting nights in the Playoffs when he's not getting the same calls I see him get in the regular season.

He took around the same number of FTs in the playoffs his first 5 years in Houston. Over the last 3 years he’s taken 2 less per game (ie one less trip a game).

hype wrote:
I will admit I don't watch nearly all of his regular season games since he's not a fun player at all to watch as just a general NBA fan but I still watched a good amount and nearly all of his Playoff games and this is what I notice yearly. I see him ice cold some games and red hot others and the foul shots are usually what keeps his scoring consistently high through it all.

That narrative simply isn’t true. Go look at his game logs. For the past few seasons it’s been all about how many threes he’s making, which makes sense when you are taking over 10 a night and it’s more than half the shots you are putting up. Even as a Net, his shots are down to 18 a night, yet he’s still taking 9 threes.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

Watching Jarrett Allen just beast mode the Nets - my lord, I can't even imagine what playoff AD would do to them in a series. Hell even Trezz would eat big time against them, especially on the offensive board. Not even going to comment on how bad the Harden/Kyrie combo is defensively.

They need some serious work but unfortunately for us they do still have their mini MLE and an exception from Dimwiddie getting hurt, so if someone does shake loose in a buyout or trade they will def be able to add them.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject:

They definitely have the potential and talent but I don't think they can get the chemistry together this season. I am more concerned about the Clippers than the Nets.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Nets come out of the East, but the safe pick right now is either Philly or the Bucks, I think Nets need 1 more year with the Big 3 before they can make a run, but this year my money is on Sixers or the Bucks coming out of the East then next year it will be the Nets.

They need a big sooooo badly. And MDA is the type of guy who truly believes they can close with Green or KD at 5 in the playoffs.
His small ball beliefs are detached from reality.
They still could make it out of the East. But there's a good chance they don't. Bam, Greek Freak/Lopez, and Embiid will eat them alive.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 23 of 73
Jump to: