Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

general forum por favor
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@JDumasReports

Brooklyn is in talks with the Cavs to acquire JaVale McGee. They’re also interested in Kevin Love.

The Cavs want to flip their bigs for draft capital, Drummond and Love are candidates to be moved while Jarrett Allen is most likely to stay. Per

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

Brooklyn is going after JaVale McGee. I have no idea how they'd get or what they'd trade for Kevin Love as they don't have any 1st round picks anymore I think.

Also financially there's no way they'd get both McGee and Love's contract.

They could trade Dimwiddie, Jordan, Shamet, Brown, Claxton, Cabarrot and still not have enough to take on Love and McGee's contracts together.

The only realistic option they have is probably absorbing McGee and his 4M contract into their disabled players exception. But getting Love in addition to that, I can't see any financial possibility for.

They'd have to throw in Joe Harris, but they can't trade him till March.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Also Kevin Love isn't exactly a defense guy and I think they'd want defense right? And sending away everything for K.Love to have 4 offensive dynamos on the court (there's only one ball?) means they'd have 1 or 2 weeks to fill their roster out with g league folks?

McGee doesn't really bother me. As with almost all of these rim blockers the Lakers can negate him by putting a stretch on the floor (Gasol or AD) and moving Javale to the perimeter. Which was how McGee was played off the court last year in the playoffs
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Did anyone watch the Nets game? Looks like they finally had a decent defensive effort, albeit against a Butlerless Miami team.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:50 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Did anyone watch the Nets game? Looks like they finally had a decent defensive effort, albeit against a Butlerless Miami team.

More like Heat shooting bricks, cant even hit an open 3.
11/43 from 3s. Its hard to win if you shot like that. They are lucky they are only down by 13 shooting like that.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:00 am    Post subject:

https://cavaliersnation.com/2021/01/25/report-brooklyn-nets-are-hoping-andre-drummond-gets-bought-out-by-cleveland-cavaliers/

LMFAO. really??? Do they really need 4 All Star Level Players in their prime just to compete with Lebron's team???

If Drummond happened to be bought out, how are they sure that he will sign with them?

In case they sign Drummond, I don't think he can do so much because the main problem of their defense starts in the perimeter (Irving and Harden), he will just be in foul trouble from slashing guards just like what happened to him vs the Lakers earlier. In offense I don't think he will get enough touches anyway, knowing they already have 3 ballhogs. If Harden cant get his usual touches how much more Drummond.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:15 am    Post subject:

Why would the Cavs cut him. And even if that were the case, the Celtics have a way bigger TPE.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:19 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
Why would the Cavs cut him. And even if that were the case, the Celtics have a way bigger TPE.

I don't know too. I think it doesn't nake sense
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:35 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

I was mistaken in that the Celtics can't use their TPE to sign him as a FA. Not sure if they can trade for him.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
https://cavaliersnation.com/2021/01/25/report-brooklyn-nets-are-hoping-andre-drummond-gets-bought-out-by-cleveland-cavaliers/

LMFAO. really??? Do they really need 4 All Star Level Players in their prime just to compete with Lebron's team???

If Drummond happened to be bought out, how are they sure that he will sign with them?

In case they sign Drummond, I don't think he can do so much because the main problem of their defense starts in the perimeter (Irving and Harden), he will just be in foul trouble from slashing guards just like what happened to him vs the Lakers earlier. In offense I don't think he will get enough touches anyway, knowing they already have 3 ballhogs. If Harden cant get his usual touches how much more Drummond.

They can get all the stars they want. They’ll still have no chance against this Lakers team.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject:

We know KD and Harden work. They'll find some big before the playoffs to fill in. That leaves the wildcard Kyrie.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject:

_#1_ wrote:
We know KD and Harden work. They'll find some big before the playoffs to fill in. That leaves the wildcard Kyrie.

The problem is bigger then that though. Sure, just Harden and KD would work nicely as a duo but when you add Kyrie to that trio it's not just him that becomes a wildcard but Harden as well since he suddenly has to play off the ball when Kyrie runs the offense which turns him into a player that is nowhere near as dangerous and often looks flat out uninterested when in that role.

If they got a quality big it would absolutely help them but they'd still have huge issues I do not see them realistically fixing this season at least. If that big is McGee level it doesn't really move the needle too much at all imo especially if you consider the Playoffs.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Do the nets start Jeff green against us? Or ask harden to guard Lebron?
If they start Jeff green in place of Jordan, we can start Trezz and make Harris or AD guard him( not going to be pretty)
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

I was mistaken in that the Celtics can't use their TPE to sign him as a FA. Not sure if they can trade for him.

Drummond makes 100K more than the Celtics can take back using the TPE. So they can’t trade for him.

Also, even if he was bought out, trade exceptions created in non-simultaneous trades can’t be used to sign a free agent.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Drummond makes 100K more than the Celtics can take back using the TPE. So they can’t trade for him.

Also, even if he was bought out, trade exceptions created in non-simultaneous trades can’t be used to sign a free agent.

Here's a crazy idea (assuming a team can still take Kuz salary for this year at the 3.5 mil rate, but of course they know it inflates to a higher amount next year)...

and I do mean I'm just throwing $#!^ on the wall for kicks, but what would our team look like if Cavs accepted Schro and Kuz for Drummond (I think that works with the approximate within 20% of salaries rule)?

Drummond and AD in front court on defense? Kills some of the floor spacing on offense since Drummond needs to play at the basket, and forces AD away. Replacing Schro in starting lineup you can play AC (means LBJ becomes the primary ball hander with starting unit mostly unless you have AC do that); can give THT more play with the second unit (which would be THT, Wes, Kieff, Gasol, and Trez)

Not saying I would make that trade as I still like having Shro...just tossing it out there since we discussing Drummond to other teams.

[EDIT just saw Drummond makes 28 mil, I was working his initial 22 mil year in his contract...ok, so assume you have to throw in some additional salary filler of about 2-3 million, e.g. Gasol or Wes; which likely means McKinnie gets more play with second unit]
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:33 am    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Yeah, I commited another mistaked in that post. I wanted to say "I was mistaken in that the Celtics can use their TPE to sign him as a FA".
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Do the nets start Jeff green against us? Or ask harden to guard Lebron?
If they start Jeff green in place of Jordan, we can start Trezz and make Harris or AD guard him( not going to be pretty)

I think nash will start both dj and green and have harris come off the bench against us.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject:

Let's hope they don't find a way to come up with Drummond as has been rumored

He isn't a world beater but he was giving us problems on the glass and he would be running a dunk drill with Harden in the P&R out there
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Here's a crazy idea (assuming a team can still take Kuz salary for this year at the 3.5 mil rate, but of course they know it inflates to a higher amount next year)...

and I do mean I'm just throwing $#!^ on the wall for kicks, but what would our team look like if Cavs accepted Schro and Kuz for Drummond (I think that works with the approximate within 20% of salaries rule)?

Drummond and AD in front court on defense? Kills some of the floor spacing on offense since Drummond needs to play at the basket, and forces AD away. Replacing Schro in starting lineup you can play AC (means LBJ becomes the primary ball hander with starting unit mostly unless you have AC do that); can give THT more play with the second unit (which would be THT, Wes, Kieff, Gasol, and Trez)

Not saying I would make that trade as I still like having Shro...just tossing it out there since we discussing Drummond to other teams.

[EDIT just saw Drummond makes 28 mil, I was working his initial 22 mil year in his contract...ok, so assume you have to throw in some additional salary filler of about 2-3 million, e.g. Gasol or Wes; which likely means McKinnie gets more play with second unit]

There are a couple of once and for all's folks here.

We are hard capped at the limit. Period. Equal dollars out equal or LESS dollars back.

Boston can't use tpe on Drum

No team has the cap room to claim him. Even if a bottom feeder like the Knicks created room why would you take on paying his big contract for zip short term gain. Doesn't work like that.

If he is leaving, i.e. the Cavs don't keep him. Then...

Larger chance of him being traded.

Smaller chance buyout and he is free to choose where ever he wants to play.

Last edited by _#1_ on Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:

Exactly. What would be the reason for them to pay him to play elsewhere when he is a tradeable asset? If nothing else he's a $29 million expiring contract who can be moved for assets.

It's possible a third party would trade for him as an expiring to get rid of a bad contract and get some picks or something and then buy him out. But before that could happen he'd be on the trade market and other teams would be competing to acquire him.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

I would say the biggest reason the Drummond would not get cut is that he may not even agree to a buy out as he would give up his bird rights. It would significantly lower his options to get paid in the summer. He is only 28 after all. I would think money is still a pretty high priority for him. The 2nd biggest reason would be that he is helping the Cavs win and they look very competitive so far.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject:

It says something about the Nets D that today Brooklyn shot 57% from the field, 53% from 3, and 82% from FT and lost to the Wizards.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1356070417329516548

Quote:
The Nets since the Harden trade:

122.6 offensive rating
- Best in league
- Would be the best of all time

119.9 defensive rating
- Worst in league
- Would be the worst of all time
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Absolutely pathetic tbh

All they have to do is not be the worst defense of all time to beat a lot of the bottom dwellers but that's still asking too much
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 25 of 73
Jump to: