Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject:

We really need to hammer them on the inside. Nets' bodies are going to have to go flying.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
We really need to hammer them on the inside. Nets' bodies are going to have to go flying.

I was disappointed Trez didn’t get the start yesterday when Jordan didn’t start. I think he could have beat up green down low.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject:

If lakers don’t make it to the finals, I’m rooting for Utah over LAC, nets, or Philly
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
If lakers don’t make it to the finals, I’m rooting for Utah over LAC, nets, or Philly

100%, but they aren't going anywhere.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

Utah has the worst fans. Just terrible people. Remember the D Fish eye incident where Kobe went ballistic? I could never root for anything from that state.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

If it’s not the Lakers who cares who it’ll be as long as it’s not the Celtics and Clippers
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Clips carving up the Jazz early
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

Yes definitely Utah over all the other teams, if not the Lakers.

I wouldn't watch the games though.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

But let's face it, the most likely team that can overcome the Nets as of right now are the Clippers, that is if they make it to the finals
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

The biggest question in a Finals against them is, does AD guard LBJ or AD?

2nd biggest question is how effective is KCP on both sides of the ball?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
But let's face it, the most likely team that can overcome the Nets as of right now are the Clippers, that is if they make it to the finals

Idk.. I actually would take the Nets pretty easily if I was betting. The Clippers can't take advantage of the Nets biggest flaw and would have to shoot at an elite level from the perimeter all series long as an entire team to have any chance. There's a massive dropoff after us and the Clippers in the WC though (as far as winning an actual Championship) so I guess if we didn't make it the Clippers would have the best chance.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Right now the Lakers do not have the chemistry or scoring to beat either the Nets or Clippers.

Nets and Clippers would suck but would be fun to watch both teams complain about every call. thats all I can take out of that matchup
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:31 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Idk.. I actually would take the Nets pretty easily if I was betting. The Clippers can't take advantage of the Nets biggest flaw and would have to shoot at an elite level from the perimeter all series long as an entire team to have any chance. There's a massive dropoff after us and the Clippers in the WC though (as far as winning an actual Championship) so I guess if we didn't make it the Clippers would have the best chance.

It's tough especially with both teams having key players with Championship experience, KD/Kyrie and Serge/Kawhi. But if I had to bet on it I'll likely go with the Nets too. Especially with them having a slight edge over the Clips on the buyout market imo.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

I still don’t understand why we didn’t play Harrell when DeAndre Jordan was sitting. Marc Gasol should’ve mirrored Jordans floor time.

Jeff Green at center guarding Trez should’ve put us up 10 points early on Thursday Smdh.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Yes definitely Utah over all the other teams, if not the Lakers.

I wouldn't watch the games though.

Lakers fans rooting for the Jazz. We have come a long way since Stockton, Malone and Hornacek used to punk us regularly. For some reason, we could always beat Seattle but Utah always had our number starting from post-Magic to 1999/2000. I guess its cause we got even punking Deron Williams/Carlos Boozer pick and roll tag team 2.0 for 3 straight years although Deron still carved Fisher/Farmar up regularly
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject:

No to the Clipper even making the playoffs let alone win them.
Long way to go. Lakers need to get healthy and rev it up come playoff time. They can get it done.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie sure talking a lot since Thursday win...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

If Durant went 3-1 vs LeBron in the Finals on 2 different teams, would it effect LeBron's legacy in the slightest?

At this point I am not sure if it would.

Anyway if the Nets make the finals and it's against any team other than the Lakers... it would be a travesty.

Then again if the Nets are healthy I don't know what team in the East could beat them. Maybe the Celtics but they're going through an identity crisis currently.

If the Lakers are healthy then they should make it out of the West imo. So if both teams are healthy it could be a Lakers vs Nets Finals, which if we win, gets LeBron his 5th, Davis his 2nd and legitimately beats another superteam.

So legacy wise that would be phenomenal. While a part of me wants to beat the Celtics for the Championship that passes them, I can't lie and say that beating the Nets would be enticing for what it'd do for the team's legacy in general.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If Durant went 3-1 vs LeBron in the Finals on 2 different teams, would it effect LeBron's legacy in the slightest?

Anyway if the Nets make the finals and it's against any team other than the Lakers... it would be a travesty.

Then again if the Nets are healthy I don't know what team in the East could beat them. Maybe the Celtics but they're going through an identity crisis currently.

If the Lakers are healthy then they should make it out of the West imo. So if both teams are healthy it could be a Lakers vs Nets Finals, which if we win, gets LeBron his 5th, Davis his 2nd and legitimately beats another superteam.

So legacy wise that would be phenomenal. While a part of me wants to beat the Celtics for the Championship that passes them, I can't lie and say that beating the Nets would be enticing for what it'd do for the team's legacy in general.

Only if Lebron goes into this Finals as a heavy favorite and plays terribly. He was phenomenal in 2017 and 2018, playing against the better team. I believe the Cavs were 13 pt underdogs in game 1 of the 2018 Finals. That's almost as bad as the Lakers vs Sixers matchup. It would be a talking point for people like Skip Bayless, but not legacy altering. The better team usually wins, so we'll have to wait and see if the Lakers remember how to play offense and whether Brooklyn makes anymore big moves.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Honestly I just want the easiest path to the championship for the Lakers. Also winning #18 in itself is huge, both for the Lakers and also Lebron's legacy.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject:

They sure do bring it for the big games.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject:

If the Nets get Drummond on the buy-out market they become heavy favorites. That defense has gotten way better over the last 7/8 games. They still need a rebounder.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
They sure do bring it for the big games.

They are tough to slow down or game plan for... Harden and Kyrie just breaks down any defense easily. You definitely can't have scoring droughts against them. All their losses since Harden joined has been to teams who score 122+ points.

They average 121.3 ppg this season...

Last edited by miggz23 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject:

just hand the nets the championship, i thought they wouldnt do this great without defense but they place great pressure on teams to score almost every time since they're great at getting points

Last edited by Nnamdi21 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Of course TLC and Harris came back to earth today.... don’t give me that clippers defense crap, they were the similar looks
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 36 of 73
Jump to: