Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 17860

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Healthy LBJ and AD are still the favorites. Don't let the regular season fool you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 3038

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Just hope the Nets don't land Drummond.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4586

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Just hope the Nets don't land Drummond.

Why.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4586

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Our team is perfectly constructed to beat nets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
roger_federer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 564

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

At their best, AD and LBJ scores 60% in the paint, which equals 40% from 3 pt and nets have 4 starters who can hit that any day.

They will blow us out. You cant guard any of KD KI and harden one on one. If you double any, some one will be open.

Even if lbj and harrel attack the paint reluntlessly, they both suck at free throw.
So stop dreaming
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 31334
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Nets missing Durant beat the Clippers at full strength. Wow.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 3038

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Just hope the Nets don't land Drummond.

Why.


The Nets only need a slightly below average defense. The rest is just math. I'm not saying that they'll win, only that they'll be favorites.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2005
Posts: 3403

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Nets missing Durant beat the Clippers at full strength. Wow.


Yep, it looks like Bkn is the #1 threat. Not saying there are not other major threats, but Bkn looks the most dangerous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 33057

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Hate to say it but the Nets are the favorites right now to win it all especially if they land Andre Drummond.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 2232

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:05 am    Post subject:

I have Nets the favourite coming out of the East even before the Harden trade. I think on paper we are not inferior but our coaching staff has yet to find a way utilising Harrell and Schroder efficiently. Also for whatever reason AD hasn’t played to his level.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 2918

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:18 am    Post subject:

Did not see the Nets beating the Clippers without Durant. With that said, the Clippers laid out the blueprint to hurt the Nets on defense: target Kyrie. Would love to see Kyrie try to guard LeBron and AD over and over again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Birmingham
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 203

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:27 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
They will blow us out. You cant guard any of KD KI and harden one on one. If you double any, some one will be open.


There's still only one ball, and this honeymoon of theirs lasting all season is far from a guarantee.

LeBron and AD at their best are just as unguardable and a much more natural combo.

This is why the Lakers remain favourites.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2001
Posts: 16201

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject:

Birmingham wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
They will blow us out. You cant guard any of KD KI and harden one on one. If you double any, some one will be open.


There's still only one ball, and this honeymoon of theirs lasting all season is far from a guarantee.

LeBron and AD at their best are just as unguardable and a much more natural combo.

This is why the Lakers remain favourites.

KD being out is pnly help Harden and Kyrie build chemistry. KD you can plug in and will adapt to any situation. This team has scary potential
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 3038

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject:

What a weird game. The Nets were missing arguably their best player, and most notably their best defender of the big three.

Yet they beat a full Clippers team while shooting 29% from three. The Clippers made DeAndre Jordan look like an MVP last night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 May 2006
Posts: 13283

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:09 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Did not see the Nets beating the Clippers without Durant.


Why not? They still have Harden and Kyrie. Harden on your team typically = 50 wins. It’s like folks forgot he’s a top 5 player in the world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
roger_federer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 564

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject:

Birmingham wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
They will blow us out. You cant guard any of KD KI and harden one on one. If you double any, some one will be open.


There's still only one ball, and this honeymoon of theirs lasting all season is far from a guarantee.

LeBron and AD at their best are just as unguardable and a much more natural combo.

This is why the Lakers remain favourites.


why you feel like you must mention AD and LBJ at their best???

there is only 1 ball for Lakers too. How are LBJ, AD, Harrel, DS all attack he paint a the same time?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 110487

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject:

Folks, I respect the Nets, but this is only the 40%-ish mark in the season. It's a LONG road to the Finals. So many things can happen in this crazy season.
_________________
Mission accomplished for Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 1655

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
What a weird game. The Nets were missing arguably their best player, and most notably their best defender of the big three.

Yet they beat a full Clippers team while shooting 29% from three. The Clippers made DeAndre Jordan look like an MVP last night.


Most of their losses were against teams who had guards who can pressure on them. Reason I think Schro is important as noone on that team can keep up with his speed... PG still coming back from injury and was on minutes restriction.

They are finding ways to win right now. They have a bunch of guys shooting way above their career percentages right now. Unknown right now if those guys can keep it up. But KD and Kyrie will be load managing all season long. Harden is their offensive work horse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 25367
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
What a weird game. The Nets were missing arguably their best player, and most notably their best defender of the big three.

Yet they beat a full Clippers team while shooting 29% from three. The Clippers made DeAndre Jordan look like an MVP last night.


Most of their losses were against teams who had guards who can pressure on them. Reason I think Schro is important as noone on that team can keep up with his speed... PG still coming back from injury and was on minutes restriction.

They are finding ways to win right now. They have a bunch of guys shooting way above their career percentages right now. Unknown right now if those guys can keep it up. But KD and Kyrie will be load managing all season long. Harden is their offensive work horse.


Schro will help offensively if we play them in the Finals. But at the same time, I see him getting exposed defensively.
It's funny Clippers fans made the "we didn't have Pat Bev" excuse after they lost to Brooklyn the 1st time. Bev was there last night and it still didn't matter.

BRK just swept the LA squads. Arguably the 2 best teams in the league since last year. Without KD. They are the real deal. It's tough imagining someone beating them 4 times in a playoff series.

But hey MDA has found a way to underachieve in the playoffs his whole career. There is a good chance he does it again.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 May 2006
Posts: 13283

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
They have a bunch of guys shooting way above their career percentages right now. Unknown right now if those guys can keep it up.


Would it be surprising if they did keep it up though? They have THREE guys that can't be checked 1-1. That equals easier looks for all of them and the role players.

For comparison, Durant had a career high of 51% in OKC. He shot 54%, 52% and 52% in GS. Harden hasn't had looks this easy in 8 years. It's not shocking to see him have career high shooting. The paint is not packed when he drives. He isn't getting trapped once he crosses halfcourt to get the ball out of his hands. Etc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 1655

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
They have a bunch of guys shooting way above their career percentages right now. Unknown right now if those guys can keep it up.


Would it be surprising if they did keep it up though? They have THREE guys that can't be checked 1-1. That equals easier looks for all of them and the role players.

For comparison, Durant had a career high of 51% in OKC. He shot 54%, 52% and 52% in GS. Harden hasn't had looks this easy in 8 years. It's not shocking to see him have career high shooting. The paint is not packed when he drives. He isn't getting trapped once he crosses halfcourt to get the ball out of his hands. Etc


I’m more talking about the players outside the big 3... Harris might become the first 50/50 shooter in a high volume. Jeff Green shooting lights out right now. He was getting the same looks with the Cavs and Rockets and never shot like that.

Also reason I said it’s unknown right now... See if those 3s continue to drop in a high rate with heavier legs and in the playoffs. But I don’t see anyone beating them 4 times in the East fully healthy and they under perform. Just like with the Warriors, KD put that team over the tipping scale...


Last edited by miggz23 on Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 2918

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Did not see the Nets beating the Clippers without Durant.


Why not? They still have Harden and Kyrie. Harden on your team typically = 50 wins. It’s like folks forgot he’s a top 5 player in the world.


LeBron, KD, AD, Jokic, Giannis, Kawhi, and Steph are all guys that I have ranked higher than Harden. I do not respect Harden (however, i do respect Kyrie) because his entire offensive strategy is reliant on free throws and flopping, which is evident by having more FTM than FGM in his career.

Edit: Butler too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 May 2006
Posts: 13283

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
I’m more talking about the players outside the big 3... Harris might become the first 50/50 shooter in a high volume. Jeff Green shooting lights out right now. He was getting the same looks with the Cavs and Rockets and never shot like that.


None of those players have ever shared the court with 3 offensive weapons like the Nets big 3 at the same time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 May 2006
Posts: 13283

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Did not see the Nets beating the Clippers without Durant.


Why not? They still have Harden and Kyrie. Harden on your team typically = 50 wins. It’s like folks forgot he’s a top 5 player in the world.


LeBron, KD, AD, Jokic, Giannis, Kawhi, and Steph are all guys that I have ranked higher than Harden. I do not respect Harden (however, i do respect Kyrie) because his entire offensive strategy is reliant on free throws and flopping, which is evident by having more FTM than FGM in his career.

Edit: Butler too.


AD that could barely get teams to the playoffs, including the same players Harden won 50 games with (Anderson and Gordon)? Giannis that turns into a liability in the playoffs...in the East? Steph that can barely win games above a .500 clip when the team isn't stacked? Even assuming we agree on all those...we are still talking a top 10 player to go along with Kyrie.

Whether you respect his offensive game, he still routinely = 50 wins, so them winning games with him and Kyrie isn't a shocker. FYI, his game is moreso reliant on shooting 3's, most stepping away from contact. He shoots them at a Steph Curry like volume rate and has been for like 4 years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 24340

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Did not see the Nets beating the Clippers without Durant.


Why not? They still have Harden and Kyrie. Harden on your team typically = 50 wins. It’s like folks forgot he’s a top 5 player in the world.


LeBron, KD, AD, Jokic, Giannis, Kawhi, and Steph are all guys that I have ranked higher than Harden. I do not respect Harden (however, i do respect Kyrie) because his entire offensive strategy is reliant on free throws and flopping, which is evident by having more FTM than FGM in his career.

Edit: Butler too.


AD that could barely get teams to the playoffs, including the same players Harden won 50 games with (Anderson and Gordon)? Giannis that turns into a liability in the playoffs...in the East? Steph that can barely win games above a .500 clip when the team isn't stacked? Even assuming we agree on all those...we are still talking a top 10 player to go along with Kyrie.

Whether you respect his offensive game, he still routinely = 50 wins, so them winning games with him and Kyrie isn't a shocker. FYI, his game is moreso reliant on shooting 3's, most stepping away from contact. He shoots them at a Steph Curry like volume rate and has been for like 4 years.


Regardless of whether anyone rates Harden as a top five player (which is mostly subjective when we’re talking about the players who are bunched at the top), Harden was in the top three in the MVP voting for the last four years and five of the last six years, plus he was first team all-NBA for the last six years. This is because he wins games. I understand the criticisms of Harden and his game, and I have no problem with people who rate other players higher. But yes, he wins games.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 38 of 41
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB