Dwight Howard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
MasTaFUsion wrote:
Yeah, too bad we have an idiot for a GM

So if we didn't have that idiot and we had you instead, tell us what package you would put together to get Dwight Howard and why the Magic would do it?
Not saying that he has to pull off a Dwight Howard trade....just saying that he can't do anything.

He can't grab a vet. His last 2 MLE signings have been busts. Bynum wasn't his pick. He drafted Marcus Douhit and Sasha Vujacic, before that Cook. He traded for Kwame Brown, and can't do anything.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Howard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Odom+ Bynum

Orlando would have to be stunted to make that trade though.
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Orlando:

Lakers: Who's Dwight Howard?

Me: Where do I sign?
jmac78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
MasTaFUsion wrote:

So if we didn't have that idiot and we had you instead, tell us what package you would put together to get Dwight Howard and why the Magic would do it?

Dude, in his first post, MasTa admitted it wasn't realistic. But IF the Magic would take Odom, Bynum, Slava and George (if they were still expiring) for Dwight Howard and Grant Hill, I'd do it.

But note, THEY wouldn't.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Living in Orlando and with questionable moves they have made in the past couple of years and how management is around here I wouldn't be suprised if they did take it.
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Throw in Hodges, Mitch, and Kurt Rambis

Thats what I call rebuilding all around...on the court and in the front office
bthanos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject:

u do that trade as quickly as possible before Orlando comes to their senses and changes there mind.

The people here who would be against trade are all just plain wrong in my opinion.

Howard is already a frickin monster and getting better by the day.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Laker homeritis at it's finest. Dwight Howard could end up being one of the top 5 PF's of all-time. But if it were up to LG fans, we'd only trade Odom (who isn't one of the top 1000 PF's ever) OR Bynum for him, but not both. God GAWD.

Bynum is only a year younger than Howard. Where do we get the idea that Bynum will be better?
loseyourname
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

PiPisKobesByatch wrote:
dwight is a beast.. and will be for many years to come.

a player like him doesn't come out often at all.

this is his 2nd year in the nba and he's a 15 and 12 guy.. he'll be a 20 and 15 guy next year, probably.

do you really expect bynum to be anything close to that next year? no way. he came out of high school too, remember.

i would make that trade any day of the week ... also, odom's contract will force orlando to throw in players to match.

but obviously orlando isn't stupid like mitch, and they wouldn't trade away their future for garbage.

Do they still have the same GM that traded Ben Wallace for Grant Hill? T-Mac and Juwon Howard for Penny Hardaway, Trevor Ariza, Doug Christie, Darko Milicic, and Carlos Arroyo? The same guy that took last year's promising team and turned them into this year's 8 games out of the playoffs in a terrible conference bottom feeder? Don't have too much faith in the Orlando GM.

Granted, he's put some young pieces in place and has them with cap space now this summer and likely two lottery picks, but that franchise has done little historically to make me think they have all that shrewd of a front office (they were shrewd enough to deal with the Knicks - always a good bet for the other team). The only reason they had the success they did was that they lucked into one of the greatest NBA prospects of all-time. Of course, then they lost him for nothing.

That said, they aren't trading Dwight Howard.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who wouldn't do that trade
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

jmac78 wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
MasTaFUsion wrote:

Dude, in his first post, MasTa admitted it wasn't realistic. But IF the Magic would take Odom, Bynum, Slava and George (if they were still expiring) for Dwight Howard and Grant Hill, I'd do it.

But note, THEY wouldn't.

So if unrealistic, why call the GM an idiot if it's not possible? That's just a cheap shot at Mitch. If Masta wanted to take a shot at him for other trades and drafts he's done, that's fine, but in the context of the theme of this thread, it's totally out of place. Therefore, it doesn't matter if he said it was realistic or not. No one can call Mitch an idiot for something that cannot happen.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

I see Howard as a person that can play without the ball and still have an impact in the game. It would work great with Kobe because he does dominate the ball. Where I see Bynum and Odum need the ball to make an impact. If the Lakers could ever make this move happen I would take it.
xdragon8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject:

dun trade AB...trade Kwame
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:

For one, Magic fans wouldn't. Their GM wouldn't. The Magic organization wouldn't.
DidierUniversity
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject:

loseyourname wrote:
PiPisKobesByatch wrote:

this is his 2nd year in the nba and he's a 15 and 12 guy.. he'll be a 20 and 15 guy next year, probably.

do you really expect bynum to be anything close to that next year? no way. he came out of high school too, remember.

i would make that trade any day of the week ... also, odom's contract will force orlando to throw in players to match.

but obviously orlando isn't stupid like mitch, and they wouldn't trade away their future for garbage.

Do they still have the same GM that traded Ben Wallace for Grant Hill? T-Mac and Juwon Howard for Penny Hardaway, Trevor Ariza, Doug Christie, Darko Milicic, and Carlos Arroyo? The same guy that took last year's promising team and turned them into this year's 8 games out of the playoffs in a terrible conference bottom feeder? Don't have too much faith in the Orlando GM.

Granted, he's put some young pieces in place and has them with cap space now this summer and likely two lottery picks, but that franchise has done little historically to make me think they have all that shrewd of a front office (they were shrewd enough to deal with the Knicks - always a good bet for the other team). The only reason they had the success they did was that they lucked into one of the greatest NBA prospects of all-time. Of course, then they lost him for nothing.

The Magic the past 5-6 years have had 4 different GM's. The one that traded Ben for Hill was one, trading T-Mac was done by another, trading for Darko was done by two others.
DidierUniversity
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Dwight Howard

MasTaFUsion wrote:
I'm having an arguement with a friend....I said I would give up Odom AND Bynum for Howard (obviously its not realistic, but I was showing how high his value would be and how he will be so good). Then he called me an idiot.....

Help me out here

Question is im not an idiot right?and ...isn't that a great trade for the Lakers....and a no brainer?

and no youre not an idiot. Howard will probably always be better than Bynum.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject:

id do it. a lot to give up. but howard and bryant would be a great combo now, and for the future.
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject:

DidierUniversity wrote:
loseyourname wrote:
PiPisKobesByatch wrote:

The Magic the past 5-6 years have had 4 different GM's. The one that traded Ben for Hill was one, trading T-Mac was done by another, trading for Darko was done by two others.

PWNED!
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject:

hes the next great power player. id give up anything for him (bar kobe).
If amare doesnt come back 100% dwight is going to be "the guy" in the paint in a few years.
akula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject:

There is no way Orlando will trade Dwight..unless they are getting Lebron in return. Yes, they will not be interested in Duncan, KG, TMAC, Wade or even Kobe.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

For one, Magic fans wouldn't. Their GM wouldn't. The Magic organization wouldn't.

Yeah right...Dwight Howard and in return they get the incredible dominance of Lamar and then toss in Bynum. That's a steal for Orlando.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Why would you trade Bynum who will be better the Howard for Bynum AND odom....stupid trade...
akula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

Yeah right...Dwight Howard and in return they get the incredible dominance of Lamar and then toss in Bynum. That's a steal for Orlando.

Sacarsm?

Dwight Howard is much more athletic than Bynum...Bynum has a lot of catch up to do.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Lamar is an all star...shouldn't give him up for Dwight
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
Why would you trade Bynum who will be better the Howard for Bynum AND odom....stupid trade...

What?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: