Phils latest comments from Sirius Radio Show
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Phils latest comments from Sirius Radio Show

First, I like to say those that don't have Sirius Radio yet-its the sh*t and I won't go back to regular. (just my opinion)

Phil did talk about the trading deadline and there where things that intrigued him, but he didn't feel with the players out there it was worth the risk at this point. With the salaries and contracts they would have taken, he wants to finish the season and see exactly what he is working with. It does sound like do or die for guys like Odom, Brown (if he can be moved), Mihm, all are other scrubs. He has no doubt that we can make the playoffs and points out of the five youngest teams in the league, we are the only ones with a winning record, and in the playoff hunt. (good point). The thought of signing a player is still there, but not mandatory and he is very impressed with Ronny T. and the learning of A. Bynum. He and the team know they gave a game yesterday, and know that the next two weeks will be tough-but they will maintain. He feels that fans need to be more patient, and thats true. Lets just take it one game at a time-

GO Lakers
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject:

i really want Sirius Radio - thanks for the write up and the endorsement

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject:

I have Sirius too! I love it! And I have no desire to listen to regular radio again. It's, as RMurphy_22 calls it,
Quote:
the sh*t

But I keep forgetting to listen to PJ's show.
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject:

"He has no doubt that we can make the playoffs and points out of the five youngest teams in the league, we are the only ones with a winning record, and in the playoff hunt. (good point)"

Not coincidentally they're also the only team with Kobe.
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject:

That doesn't matter, fact is they are extremely young and are within 4-5 games of the 6th spot.

Go Lakers
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject:

okay ronny
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Phils latest comments from Sirius Radio Show

RMurphy_22 wrote:
...he wants to finish the season and see exactly what he is working with

Phil still doesn't know what he's working with?

"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject:

I think he means he still hasn't been able to establish an identity for this team except that of inconsistency.
Achilles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject:

I've had XM for a couple years and I love it. So much better than commercial radio, which has pretty much become unlistenable in my opinion. These days however I'm kind of wishing I had Sirius.
mswift44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
I have Sirius too! I love it! And I have no desire to listen to regular radio again. It's, as RMurphy_22 calls it,
Quote:
the sh*t

I also got Sirius, and like both of you, I haven't listened to reg radio since i got it. What day and what time is Phil's show on???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Philostrator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject:

Phil really believes that they can make it to the playoffs playing like this?
ok sure
kobeodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject:

hopefull he truly DOES like ronny, and wil play him more. and bynum needs to get minutes. phil should suck up the "dont play rookies" crap and l\give them 12-16 minutes each.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject:

mswift44 wrote:
B_P wrote:
Quote:
the sh*t

I also got Sirius, and like both of you, I haven't listened to reg radio since i got it. What day and what time is Phil's show on???

Monday's at 3:00pm Pacific
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject:

I have sirius, too, and I LIVE ON THAT SUCKER! Get everygame and what's cool is that even if I'm listening to regular radio, I can still "watch" sirius because the display still shows the scores, quarters, etc. It's very cool.

As to the thread, thanks for the info and he's right. We, as fans, care SO much about our Lakers, that we're not always objective.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Phils latest comments from Sirius Radio Show

Drifts wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:

I think that's code for "I can't wait until the summer to dump some of these guys."

Look for a lot of roster turnover this summer - there is no way Phil goes through another year with this crap.
Rigged4fun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject:

Agreed, Phil certainly isn't going to stand for the nonsense he is experiencing on the court. He's a patient man up to a point, but I too believe there will be some restructure with the roster after the season ends.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Phils latest comments from Sirius Radio Show

raffi wrote:
Drifts wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:

I think that's code for "I can't wait until the summer to dump some of these guys."

Look for a lot of roster turnover this summer - there is no way Phil goes through another year with this crap.

More turnover means more time until the team can get used to playing together. But with the lack of talent, that is what we will have to deal with. When the Shaq trade was made I had hoped that everything would be settled by the end of this season, but that isn't going to happen.

And Jam was right when she said that we have a warped view on the team. People viewing it with objectivity understand that the team and its players aren't as bad as we sometimes think.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject:

I've never taken radio, Siriusly!
Donkeybong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

does sirius have good electronica/dance/trance stations?
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Phils latest comments from Sirius Radio Show

RMurphy_22 wrote:
He has no doubt that we can make the playoffs and points out of the five youngest teams in the league, we are the only ones with a winning record, and in the playoff hunt. (good point)...

I thought the Hornets were young too? What's their average age? I'm too lazy to check out their roster.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Phils latest comments from Sirius Radio Show

pokoy wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:
He has no doubt that we can make the playoffs and points out of the five youngest teams in the league, we are the only ones with a winning record, and in the playoff hunt. (good point)...

I thought the Hornets were young too? What's their average age? I'm too lazy to check out their roster.

Other than PJ Brown (12 years), Moochie Norris (8 years) and Aaron Williams (11 years), no other Hornet has been in the league longer than 5 years. Those 3 guys bring the average age of their team WAY up.

They have 3 rookies and 3 sophomores.

Here is a LINK to their roster.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject:

^
PJ's a huge part of that team.

Not to mention, they alos have some proven talent in Speedy Claxton playing a big role for them off the bench.

That being said, they are an impressive relatively young team. Props to Scott - and up yours to those that thought he couldn't coach and wasn't the a big reason that NJ was good those years.
Bystander
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject:

There is something Lakers have, that other 4 youngest teams don't.

or should I'v said Somebody.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
PJ's a huge part of that team.

Not to mention, they alos have some proven talent in Speedy Claxton playing a big role for them off the bench.

That being said, they are an impressive relatively young team. Props to Scott - and up yours to those that thought he couldn't coach and wasn't the a big reason that NJ was good those years.

Yup, I agree about PJ, but Speedy has only been in the league for 4 years. Talk about a great pickup. He and Paul could make a great PG rotation for many years to come.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Claxton is a FA this season.

His play is no suprise to me. Two times has he really had a great run. Once with SA and now again this season.

The good ole Contract year ploy.

Expect some sucker to use the Full 5 year MLE on Speedy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: