Easy LOBS - Completely Disappeared
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I miss the energy Dwight Howard bought to the team.

Pelinka is not an idiot, Howard hardly plays for the 76ers...hopefully they get him back after the February deadline.

Not sure if it's being a year older, or a change of team, but Howard's minutes points, blocks, and assists are down. His true shooting percentage is way down and his turnovers are way up. All his advanced states (win shares per 48, BPM, on/off, etc.) are also way down. Only thing that has gone up is his rebounding.

My hunch tells me that this is more due to change of team rather than slowing down, but who knows.

I agree that it would be good to get a more agile big man on the roster (bigger than Trez, more agile than Gasol). I expect the Lakers will pick up someone at the deadline.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject:

It is amazing how people here saying Gasol is so bad, but the starting lineup is still has +16.7 net rating in 218 minutes. I mean they are winning with this starting lineup vs the opponents starting lineup.

Though honestly as I was saying in the other thread, maybe Vogel can try sometime starting AD at C spot with AC in favor of Gasol. Just like the starting lineup of NBA finals last season but instead of Dannu Green, it's DS.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject:

It is amazing how people here saying Gasol is so bad, but the starting lineup is still has +16.7 net rating in 218 minutes. I mean they are winning with this starting lineup vs the opponents starting lineup.

Though honestly as I was saying in the other thread, maybe Vogel can try sometime starting AD at C spot with AC in favor of Gasol. Just like the starting lineup of NBA finals last season but instead of Dannu Green, it's DS.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:

Gasol is horrendous. There's no explaining that away.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject:

I counted 4 lobs tonight, all from the other team.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject:

They didn't disappear. Teams are Lobbing on us.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject:

why do people keep saying, DH and Javale hardly played in Playoffs. Is just nonsense. You think Gasol is going to play a lot in playoffs?

tell me one play off Team against who Gasol will play good minutes?

Javale and DH played lot of minutes in regular season and kept AD fresh for playoffs.

Teams are walking to the basket now.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:16 am    Post subject:

Above the rim game and lobs, can be a feature for us, if we utilize more AD at the 5 and 4 ballhandlers around them who can space the floor as well.

Our starting lineup is not built that way, but our 2nd unit offense can be. Our closing core lineup, for sure can run some of these plays - with that AD-Bron-Caruso-Dennis+5th guy lineup.

Take a look at ADs above the rim game

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kobefied
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Gasol is not horrendous. True students of the game, would understand the value he brings to the team, and how important that Defensive experience will mean even more so in the playoffs.

Saying that, I would hope and expect the Lakers to trade for a rim-protecting center before the Trade deadline as a backup.

We have too many guards, Wesley Matthews does not even make the rotation any more. Although I do wander now at his age, if there is any interest out there for him anymore.
Hopefully we can package a couple guys to get that Center we need.

Personally I would love to see Jarett Allen, underused age 22, hiding as a backup in Cleveland. Energetic rim protector, who does not care how many shots he gets per game. That is the Defensive mind set we need from the backup Center.

Would also love to get Dwight back as well for a playoff run, not sure Philly would be willing to part with him, they probably want him as insurance as well for their playoff run.
Kobefied
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Clippers have Ibaka - Zubac.
We have Davis - Gasol.

Not going to count Montrez, he is 6'7 hardly a PF never mind him getting listed as a Center.

Would love to have at least 1 more big to combat the Clippers.

If we win the size war with the Clippers, then we can take anyone down!
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

I saw a lob tonight! I did! I really did!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Traded lobs for threes
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:07 am    Post subject:

I dont care about Lobs, as long as Gasol brings the opposing bigs outside tha paint for spacing.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:08 am    Post subject:

Kobefied wrote:
Gasol is not horrendous. True students of the game, would understand the value he brings to the team, and how important that Defensive experience will mean even more so in the playoffs.

Saying that, I would hope and expect the Lakers to trade for a rim-protecting center before the Trade deadline as a backup.

We have too many guards, Wesley Matthews does not even make the rotation any more. Although I do wander now at his age, if there is any interest out there for him anymore.

Personally I would love to see Jarett Allen, underused age 22, hiding as a backup in Cleveland. Energetic rim protector, who does not care how many shots he gets per game. That is the Defensive mind set we need from the backup Center.

Would also love to get Dwight back as well for a playoff run, not sure Philly would be willing to part with him, they probably want him as insurance as well for their playoff run.

He is in top 5 of defensive rating.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:42 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Kobefied wrote:

ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
leking006 wrote:

<snip>

He isn't?
Or .. he is but it's misleading for some reason?
Or .. ?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: