boozer is a stud we messed up
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: boozer is a stud we messed up

man boozer is a stud and we really messed up not getting him. he would ba a solid sontributor for years on this team. if we would have gotten him and bynum develops we would only be missing a pg and we would have the team of the future already in place. bug mistake by the lakers. i am talking 6th seed and maybe 2nd round this year with better things to come next year. huge mistake in my opinion
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject:

so...do you think it was a mistake not getting him?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:

I was watching this game thinking how good he looks.

However I don't think it was the Lakers that didn't want Booz. More like teams didn't want our offers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Arnie
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Its done and over with. Its time to move on.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject:

18 boards in 29 min...
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Make it 19.
Van-Exel26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject:

He'll be available again in the summer.
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

he keeps playing like that, we won't have a shot at him...either his price goes up or they decide to keep him...
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:

His shot was already up. We offered Mihm/Cook/picks - Jazz said no. I'm sure we'll revisit it again in the summer, but he's playing himself right out of our ability to pay.
Gr8testEver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Passing on Boozer who is just coming off a major injury with no game time in about year coupled with his bloated contract was alright imo.

NOT offering Sasha or Slava for Flip or Anderson is going to be the death blow for this season. Considering 2 years ago we had very capable guards like GP, Fish , Rush it is no wonder why it seems Kobe has to do everything himself on the wing or in the backcourt these days.

Bring on Kiki!!!!!!
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:

really? they turned down cook, mihm and picks? then i guess turiaf better start developing faster then...guess that almost rules us out...can't imagine the jazz would want to dump boozer for cap relief at the rate he is playing...still remember when they first got him with okur...the jazz, if i remember, were playing pretty good ball until ak-47 went down...
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:

His stock is slowly rising again. Told ya we should of got him when his stock was really low.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:

its a shame something couldnt have been done, hopefully he doesnt increase his value a whole lot.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Didn't want him then, and dont want him now.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Sadly, Utah was looking for a SG. I suspect the deal would have gone down had we re-signed (and offered) K. Rush.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

booze when healthy is rodman with offense-defense. Like ziggy said, its done with....but sadly its an indication of just how we always seem to be missing something. be it heart from most of the team or brains from the front office :\
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

11/19 in 29 minutes?

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

dino wrote:
really? they turned down cook, mihm and picks? then i guess turiaf better start developing faster then...guess that almost rules us out...can't imagine the jazz would want to dump boozer for cap relief at the rate he is playing...still remember when they first got him with okur...the jazz, if i remember, were playing pretty good ball until ak-47 went down...

Yes, Cook and Mihm were the main peices. There are multiple sources on this, including someone on this site who had this before any of the news articles. Vescey also talked about Boozer to L.A., but said it was a three-way with Golden State. So, it could have been what Utah was wanting from Golden State.

This sounds like it will be revisted during the summer.
The Mike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Boozer has had more injuries in the past year, than games played...... that makes him far from a stud. Let's wait to see if he can finish out the rest of this season and not get hurt, while playing at a high level before we start talking about what we missed out on.

Imo not getting Boozer considering his health issues that lasted a whole year of him missing games and having a bloated contract, if far from a bad move on our part.

If you look at one year ago till now Boozer has played 7 games, and for those 7 games got paid $11,593,816.

That comes out to
$1,656,259.43 per game
$78,336.59 per minute
$94,258.67 per stat (pts, asts, Rds, blks, & stls added together.)

I take it back look at him making money..... he is a stud.
"Kobe Bryant is an absolute nightmare. You can hold your breath, send for help, sacrifice a chicken, it won't matter. Kobe Bryant is coming for you. He's got the ball and he's going to score...some way, some how."
Dancing Barry
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject:

OshadowO wrote:
booze when healthy is rodman with offense-defense. Like ziggy said, its done with....but sadly its an indication of just how we always seem to be missing something. be it heart from most of the team or brains from the front office :\

Boozer has never shown any defensive ability or desire, so the Rodman comparison is completely wishful thinking in my opinion. If he really wants out of Utah, he will be available in the summer.

I think he can ut up really good offensive and rebounding numbers when motivated, but i don't see him as a championship team building block.
loseyourname
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Gr8testEver wrote:
Bring on Kiki!!!!!!

Why are people so high on Kiki? Since he's been the Denver GM, what has he done? The team has now underperformed expectations two years in a row. He traded for two glass men on the front line and drafted a third. He's had three top-ten draft picks and only came away with one guy that has had any significant impact on the team. He wasted his MLE about as much as we did this year signing a superfluous point guard that hardly ever played. He failed to acquire the shooter the team really needed to stretch the floor, both last year and this year (sound familiar?). He fired a guy that almost won coach of the year the season prior and hired an infamous franchise-killer who (surprise) started out with a huge bang only to lose his lustre as he has everywhere he's ever been. He basically wasted a huge amount of cap space on K-Mart, a player they arguably didn't even need, a move that resulted in the underutilization of Nene (and now both are perpetually injured).

He's made two moves that have really worked out for his franchise: acquiring Andre Miller and Earl Boykins. I'd give him credit for drafting Melo but that was the no-brainer move of the century next to drafting LeBron (which didn't make the fired Jim Paxson a good GM, either).

Now maybe you'll say "but that's more good moves than Mitch had made," since drafting Bynum is arguably the only really good thing he's done for the Lakers. However, is two good moves really that much better than one? Fire Mitch, fine. But why replace him with someone that has done no better? There have to be better options out there.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject:

he's a player we've obviously been actively pursuing for a long time.

however you have to question whether or not he is gonna really give us quality, championship play. we saw what he did to the cavs, and we saw what he did to the jazz. is it gonna be a matter of time before he decides he doesn't want to play here anymore and then suddenly get injured?
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject:

lakertim wrote:
OshadowO wrote:

Boozer has never shown any defensive ability or desire, so the Rodman comparison is completely wishful thinking in my opinion. If he really wants out of Utah, he will be available in the summer.

I think he can ut up really good offensive and rebounding numbers when motivated, but i don't see him as a championship team building block.

you know it is funny. i am not going to compare rodman and boozers defense. but so often i hear evans, odom & boozer have no defense. but as a basketabll coach the thing i preach the most is rebounding is the best defense. it is very hard to not allow a team to get there shots. so if a team makes there shots they beat us. What is sickening to me is when a team gets a 2nd chance on the offensive side. So by definition any good rebounder is a good defender in a way. because rebounding is defense.
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Sadly, Utah was looking for a SG. I suspect the deal would have gone down had we re-signed (and offered) K. Rush.

That's only if K. Rush also stopped sucking for us.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

I don't doubt Boozer is capable of consistently putting up those numbers but so far that has been his only good game since coming off of injury. But yeah that proposed trade of Mihm and George for Boozer sounds pretty good.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: