Houston & Denver help the Laker cause...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Houston & Denver help the Laker cause...

Houston & Denver lost tonite so the Lakers have stood pat since the All Star break and aren't receiving the ultimate penalty of losing ground while they work their way through their current funk. Again, one of the luxuries of the remaining schedule is that there are quite a few nites when those teams beat up on each other ultimately helping the Lakers cause since one of them has to lose. This playoff push is definitely in the Lakers hands and is theirs to lose. I'd much rather be in the Lakers position than that of either Houston, Utah, or Sacramento. They all need help to find the playoffs...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.

Last edited by Aussiesuede on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Utah hasn't lost yet ....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Yikes! Overtime...Counted my chickens too soon!
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject:

And Utah just hit a 3 to go into OT.

If there's one team that's definitely worse at executing than the Lakers in the clutch - It's GS.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Pappy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Houston,Denver, & Utah all help the Laker cause...

Aussiesuede wrote:
current funk. ...

this is supposed to be the part of our scheduele we were all looking forward to! home games remember?

"current funk" is being generous! really, the playoffs are a reach we have the same record as last season. all excuse aside regarding last years schedue, we're not looking like we can win one game "if" we make the playoffs!
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Houston,Denver, & Utah all help the Laker cause...

Pappy wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
current funk. ...

this is supposed to be the part of our scheduele we were all looking forward to! home games remember?

"current funk" is being generous! really, the playoffs are a reach we have the same record as last season. all excuse aside regarding last years schedue, we're not looking like we can win one game "if" we make the playoffs!

Yeah but this whole season has been a rotation between streaks and funks. I think we've actually played our best games on the road! What I like most about the remaining schedules is not so much the home schedule, but rather the schedules of those chasing. It's pretty favourable to the Lakers chances. I see the Lakers having a 3-1 streak next week. It'll be par for the course as to how this season has gone, and spot on that predicted 43 win total...
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

DOH! At least Golden State can still make the Lakers woes not seem so bad! They are much more creative in figuring out ways to choke! The Lakers are not quite in their league!
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject:

dont need to worry about Denver. Theyll proably make it considering their division sucks. Good that Houston loss.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

We should be more happy Houston lost they have the odds to make a solid playoff run.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject:

The problem is the Lakers are losing to the gutter teams. They have six games left against SA, Detroit and Phoenix. As Dave Smith alluded to, the Lakers are 0-14 against those teams since the Snaq trade. We can pretty much tack on 6 more losses from those games coming up. They need to be beating the Atlantas and Bostons if they expect to hold onto that 8th spot.

If this season has taught me anything, it's that there's no such thing as a sure win when it comes to this team. As we've seen, they can get blown out by the worst teams in the league, and not just once or twice, but consistently. It's a very disturbing trend. At least last season we had the "injury" excuse, since Lamar, Kobe and Caron only played something like 40 games together.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: