DAMIAN JONES 2-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
So the question is, after one game lol, has he looked good enough to supplant McKinney/Dudley if we need to make a room? or can we sign him to 2-way (can play how many reg season games?) and drop Kostas?

I actually think dropping Kostas and signing Jones to a 2 way is what eventually is going to happen. No need to keep McKinney either.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
governator wrote:
So the question is, after one game lol, has he looked good enough to supplant McKinney/Dudley if we need to make a room? or can we sign him to 2-way (can play how many reg season games?) and drop Kostas?

I actually think dropping Kostas and signing Jones to a 2 way is what eventually is going to happen. No need to keep McKinney either.

Jones does not qualify for a 2-way due to this being his 5th year in the NBA.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
governator wrote:

Jones does not qualify for a 2-way due to this being his 5th year in the NBA.

Minimum roster count is actually 14 (not including the two-way). If they cut mckinney they’d need to sign another 1.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
governator wrote:

We're hard capped and McKinney has a guaranteed contract so there's zero chance they let him go unless it's through a trade since he'd still be on the books anyways and we wouldn't be able to replace him resulting in an empty wasted roster spot.

The reason they cut Cook is because he was on an unguaranteed contract so it freed that little bit of money back up. Dudley also has a guaranteed contract so it's the same situation as McKinney.

Beyond a trade happening we will only have 2 roster spots until the end of the season with Jones temporarily at least taking one with his current 10 day contract. It's why the Lakers are not making any panic moves because the last thing you want to happen is miss out on a possible much better player down the road the bit.

It's why many here were satisfied with the Jones signing as if you take a step back and look at the big picture it was the smart move to make currently imo.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject:

if he starts he may never relinquish the role and either gasol or AD will be coming in off the bench
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
if he starts he may never relinquish the role and either gasol or AD will be coming in off the bench

He's dinged up so I don't expect much from him. However I am open to being "pleasantly surprised."
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

He should be here more than 10 days.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject:

The Omen?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Vogel: “Dudley at center >>>>>> Dame”
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Why only 7 minutes?

Last edited by Kobetan on Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
He should be here more than 10 days.

They can sign him to a second 10 day contract.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:15 pm    Post subject:

I’ve seen enough - sign the guy.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:54 am    Post subject:

Really surprised he didn’t some more minutes.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:11 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Really surprised he didn’t some more minutes.

Hopefully it's not health related
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:43 am    Post subject:

Lakers should sign him ASAP before Nets or other teams in need of big snatch him. Hope Vogel will use him vs whiteside tomorrow so we can guage how he would fare.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:50 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
I’ve seen enough - sign the guy.

Hasn’t been too outplayed by Wiseman or Ayton, kinda held his own - sign the guy
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:57 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
governator wrote:

We're hard capped and McKinney has a guaranteed contract so there's zero chance they let him go unless it's through a trade since he'd still be on the books anyways and we wouldn't be able to replace him resulting in an empty wasted roster spot.

The reason they cut Cook is because he was on an unguaranteed contract so it freed that little bit of money back up. Dudley also has a guaranteed contract so it's the same situation as McKinney.

Beyond a trade happening we will only have 2 roster spots until the end of the season with Jones temporarily at least taking one with his current 10 day contract. It's why the Lakers are not making any panic moves because the last thing you want to happen is miss out on a possible much better player down the road the bit.

It's why many here were satisfied with the Jones signing as if you take a step back and look at the big picture it was the smart move to make currently imo.

We have one more open spot? Can sign another prorated min... and keep D.Jones? Or we have to trade 2 for 1 to open that 2nd spot? I’m lost with this whole capped hard
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am    Post subject:

Looks like he already learned Vogel def schemes in just 2 games, what harrell is having a hard time for 36 games. I like the way he contested shots in those 2 games, he cant block it all but definitely changes them alot. Also he knows how to take advantage of verticality rule. He contest those shots without fouling them.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:12 am    Post subject:

Jones can do what McGee can. But Jones is stronger and more active defender and also has a soft touch inside the paint. He also doesn't rattle when he get the ball inside the paint and he knows what to do. With AD mentoring him out there, I think he will become a better player, If Lakers will not sign him, I think they will regret it. He's the most fit available big man to the Lakers. I dont think they can get another better fit than him now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject:

I have been Intrigued with Damian Jones, he is a much better player to invest in then Kostas
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Jones can do what McGee can. But Jones is stronger and more active defender and also has a soft touch inside the paint. He also doesn't rattle when he get the ball inside the paint and he knows what to do. With AD mentoring him out there, I think he will become a better player, If Lakers will not sign him, I think they will regret it. He's the most fit available big man to the Lakers. I dont think they can get another better fit than him now.

Absolutely...he's everything they need but Rob might think he needs a vet hence the Whiteside and McGee interest. I would stay with Jones as well. One thing to watch tonight....you'll see Jones come over and try to block shots as he's supposed to. It's going to fall on the weakside defender whether it be Kief, Kuz or Trez to screen out Jone's man so he doesn't get the board and the put back.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Absolutely...he's everything they need but Rob might think he needs a vet hence the Whiteside and McGee interest. I would stay with Jones as well. One thing to watch tonight....you'll see Jones come over and try to block shots as he's supposed to. It's going to fall on the weakside defender whether it be Kief, Kuz or Trez to screen out Jone's man so he doesn't get the board and the put back.

Jones and AD could be a terrifying ordeal for other team's offensive schemes. Let the other guys concentrate on the perimeter and funnel drives to the middle. This is what made the Lakers such an incredible defensive team last year. Don't understand why they tinkered with that.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
leking006 wrote:

I’m 100% with you there.

Jones and AD could be a terrifying ordeal for other team's offensive schemes. Let the other guys concentrate on the perimeter and funnel drives to the middle. This is what made the Lakers such an incredible defensive team last year. Don't understand why they tinkered with that.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I have been Intrigued with Damian Jones, he is a much better player to invest in then Kostas

Wouldn't really say we're investing much in Kostas. He's the 7th string center behind Gasol/Trez/AD/Kieff/Jones/Cacok. They're just letting him ride out the rest of his 2-way which ends this summer.

Unless you can identify a 2-way contract eligible player worth taking a look at there's nothing there worth thinking about.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

I also like the way Jones moves in the offensive end, he always in the move, maybe because he got used to it when playing with the warriors.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16
Jump to: