DAMIAN JONES 2-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
I also like the way Jones moves in the offensive end, he always in the move, maybe because he got used to it when playing with the warriors.

I’ve been a fan of his but honestly not showing much today at all besides setting picks. Not talking about offense either....his defense is t really there and neither is his shot blocking.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Vogel said Dame should be optimistic about what's gonna happen when asked about his 10-day. Paraphrasing only.

Seems coach is favourable at least giving Dame another 10-day
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Vogel said Dame should be optimistic about what's gonna happen when asked about his 10-day. Paraphrasing only.

Glad he’s gonna get another opportunity, can’t take much from this game and ask for a lot because he hasn’t played much this year and him not showing much as the starting C shouldn’t Impact things.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:

I think it's a given he was going to get two 10-day contracts. That will take him right past the trade deadline when the Lakers can see if anyone's bought out. Whether Jones sticks past the 20 days will depend on what he does on the court and who becomes available to us.

If he sticks around for the rest of the season, he's a serviceable stopgap
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
leking006 wrote:
I also like the way Jones moves in the offensive end, he always in the move, maybe because he got used to it when playing with the warriors.

I’ve been a fan of his but honestly not showing much today at all besides setting picks. Not talking about offense either....his defense is t really there and neither is his shot blocking.

He blocked a reverse dunk attempt by ????? (that guy). I saw him often defending guys at the 3pt line. Playing him and Kuzma more, and Dudley less would have made a difference if you ask me. Those guys built a 14 pt lead and were quickly removed to let the “no offense” team give up the lead.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject:

Kid is not familiar with our coverages yet, he gets lost a lot on switches. Also no one is looking for him as a lob threat.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject:

exactly. pretend he's javale and chuck lobs at him.

lurklurk wrote:
Kid is not familiar with our coverages yet, he gets lost a lot on switches. Also no one is looking for him as a lob threat.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

lurklurk wrote:

Yep, I was kinda expecting schröder to hook him up
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

lurklurk wrote:

that takes a lot of chemistry
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

lurklurk wrote:

Even though he did not get any lob come his way, the treat of the lob got DS to make easy layups and jumpers
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject:

he looks to be wider than Mcgee, hence a little bit stronger
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

lurklurk wrote:

Which is why I mentioned, even if he doesn't stick after a couple 10-days and we pull off some other move, at least we get in some reps playing with that kind vertical threat. Our guys need the work.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:15 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

lurklurk wrote:

Which is why I mentioned, even if he doesn't stick after a couple 10-days and we pull off some other move, at least we get in some reps playing with that kind vertical threat. Our guys need the work.

I remember an instance kuz was kinda lookin to set him up for a lob but was defended properly by the kings. Tht might have better success
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

I didn't catch the Kings game, but Jones seemed to only have 0 point, 1 rebound and 1 block while starting.

Did it look as bad as the stats?
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject:

The great thing about Jones is that his flaws are quick and easy to point out. Now that may not sound good, but it's all a matter of perspective! It should allow a coach to know what spots to put him in.
Jones is 'Not' a post presence from what I've seen over the three game stretch. However he is a 'Lob-Threat' on the Pick-N-Roll. But you're not going to toss the ball inside and Jones is going to goto work.

In the third and final game, he couldn't create enough space for himself to become a 'BIG' target for anyone to throw the ball into. His points would come straight off of the action!
If you're basing the next 10-day extension off of the 3-games and if we don't sign/trade for anyone of significance, then we have to keep him, because he was solid 2/3 games with limited minutes and proven to not be a starter.
Maybe with an AD in the lineup, he's free'd up more in a starting role, but that chance won't come at least not now.

Jones is worth the 2n 10-day extension IMO at least to get a longer look at what he could potentially do. In the second lineup with Trez, he's the perfect compliment and should allow Trez to average 20pts consistently off of the bench.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I didn't catch the Kings game, but Jones seemed to only have 0 point, 1 rebound and 1 block while starting.

Stats were a bit deceiving imo (Kuz and to a lesser extent Trezz were being extra aggressive and taking a lot of rebounds that would have been his, nothing wrong with it but it def. hurt his totals).. He altered several shots and helped cause a good amount of paint points due to his man not wanting to leave him as being an obvious lob threat.

He looked a little lost at times on d but I think it was much more due to his inexperience with the team then anything else as he absolutely showed some great rim protection at times without fouling and even the occasional solid d on the perimeter ala Dwight. He still looks like he could be very McGee like on both ends imo. I'm still uncertain about his overall iq which was always a pretty massive downside to McGee especially anytime he started feeling himself a bit and tried to do too much.

I don't think he's going to be some star or great player but I think he has def. shown potential to be a solid low minute 7' athletic big which this team clearly needed. If nothing better pans out from a trade or buyout i'd feel comfortable with him filling that role for the second half of the season.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
MJST wrote:

Stats were a bit deceiving imo (Kuz and to a lesser extent Trezz were being extra aggressive and taking a lot of rebounds that would have been his, nothing wrong with it but it def. hurt his totals).. He altered several shots and helped cause a good amount of paint points due to his man not wanting to leave him as being an obvious lob threat.

He looked a little lost at times on d but I think it was much more due to his inexperience with the team then anything else as he absolutely showed some great rim protection at times without fouling and even the occasional solid d on the perimeter ala Dwight. He still looks like he could be very McGee like on both ends imo. I'm still uncertain about his overall iq which was always a pretty massive downside to McGee especially anytime he started feeling himself a bit and tried to do too much.

I don't think he's going to be some star or great player but I think he has def. shown potential to be a solid low minute 7' athletic big which this team clearly needed. If nothing better pans out from a trade or buyout i'd feel comfortable with him filling that role for the second half of the season.

Ain't that what we been asking, I mean if there's a buyout guy who's better than Dame or if we can flip a McKinney for a Whiteside and keep both, otherwise this is a good pick up
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
hype wrote:
MJST wrote:

Ain't that what we been asking, I mean if there's a buyout guy who's better than Dame or if we can flip a McKinney for a Whiteside and keep both, otherwise this is a good pick up

Yeah, I have been pleasantly surprised with him. He's been in the league long enough and a part of some of those Championship GS teams where he knows that it's important to accept your role and try to excel in it while also still being young, energetic and in his athletic prime. I believe he will do just that in the minutes we ask of him while not complaining due to lack of minutes or DNP's. This is another underrated aspect of signing a big where they will accept a bigger regular season role while very likely a much smaller post season one once AD rolls to the 5.

Obviously i'm all for an upgrade over him if possible especially if all we lose is someone like McKinney but if the worst case scenario is just keeping him that's not looking too bad. If he helps keep Dudz glued to the end of the bench as just a cheerleader and chemistry guy that alone is worth keeping him imo.

Best case scenario though is that he's only 25 and will be around an elite defensive coach along with AD, Lebron, Gasol etc. in his ear and could very well fill that McGee role extremely well and be a solid cheap regular season big for next year as well when we'll be desperate for cheap options with the upcoming fa's we have.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject:

Several 10-Day Contracts Expire; Multiple Teams Have Roster Spots To Fill

Quote:
All seven of the 10-day contracts that were signed during the final week of February have now expired. As our 10-day tracker shows, that list included three Nets deals (Tyler Cook, Iman Shumpert, and Andre Roberson), along with contracts signed by the Pelicans (Sindarius Thornwell), Raptors (Donta Hall), Lakers (Damian Jones), and Kings (Norvel Pelle).

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/03/several-10-day-contracts-expire-multiple-teams-have-roster-spots-to-fill.html
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject:

We let him go? We resigned him? Somebody else? Sup?
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject:

So... time to bump up the "Think Lakers need a Rim Protector" thread eh?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
So... time to bump up the "Think Lakers need a Rim Protector" thread eh?

Not really, DJones will be given another 10day but beggining Thrusday or Friday; why lost days?...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject:

I think the 10 days concept is ridiculous. Should be a set # of games. His 10 days fell in part during the all star break.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think the 10 days concept is ridiculous. Should be a set # of games. His 10 days fell in part during the all star break.

That was done intentionally. So that the Lakers can check the temperature of other available or potentially available buyout candidates too.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Lakers intend to sign center Damian Jones to a second 10-day contract on Thursday, sources tell ESPN.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 10 of 16
Jump to: