Natalia Bryant accepted by USC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 18680
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject: Natalia Bryant accepted by USC

KOBE

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/03/30/natalia-bryant-kobes-daughter-usc-acceptance-instagram/
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 1221

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Natalia Bryant accepted by USC

C M B wrote:
KOBE

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/03/30/natalia-bryant-kobes-daughter-usc-acceptance-instagram/


Does she also play basketball?

Such a beauty.....you did good Kobe I know your looking down with pride.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Jul 2018
Posts: 331

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Natalia Bryant accepted by USC

Polarbear wrote:
C M B wrote:
KOBE

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/03/30/natalia-bryant-kobes-daughter-usc-acceptance-instagram/


Does she also play basketball?

Such a beauty.....you did good Kobe I know your looking down with pride.


My goodness is she gorgeous! Congrats to Natalia!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 14370

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject:

Not hating at all.

Not surprised that the daughter of an extremely high net worth L.A. icon got accepted at USC.

Still, congratulations!
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 3062

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Not hating at all.

Not surprised that the daughter of an extremely high net worth L.A. icon got accepted at USC.

Still, congratulations!


I agree and I say this as a USC Alum. There was no way in hell they were going to turn down Kobe's daughter. They always earmark several spots to high profile students and she absolutely fits in the category. However - that's not to take away from her academic and athletic accomplishments. She fits the bill of everything they would want from a student with her background both familial & personal.
_________________
Author of James Harden and the Strip Club


"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 21179

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject:

Good for her! Happy for Natalia and the Bryant family!

Wish Kobe and Gigi could see this moment.
_________________
Talen Horton-Tucker/Dennis Schroder
KCP/Alex Caruso/Ben McLemore
Lebron James/Kyle Kuzma/Wes Matthews
Anthony Davis/Markieff Morris
Andre Drummond/Montrez Harrell/Marc Gasol

Time to repeat!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Theseus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 8521

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject:

Finally there is something to like about USC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Mar 2006
Posts: 2511
Location: OC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject:

She would have gotten accepted anywhere in So Cal.
_________________
Wow. Luke has gone full (bleep) on us. - DB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2001
Posts: 18444

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

She should have aimed higher and try to get into Stanford. I am sure she would have got into that school even with mediocre academics.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 33756

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject:

Congrats
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Posts: 303

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject:

Yes!! Way to go, Natalia!! Congrats to her
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kwase
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Posts: 2742

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Not hating at all.

Not surprised that the daughter of an extremely high net worth L.A. icon got accepted at USC.

Still, congratulations!


I agree and I say this as a USC Alum. There was no way in hell they were going to turn down Kobe's daughter. They always earmark several spots to high profile students and she absolutely fits in the category. However - that's not to take away from her academic and athletic accomplishments. She fits the bill of everything they would want from a student with her background both familial & personal.




You still gotta have the grades and a high SAT score to get in. It's not surprising that Kobe would push education onto his kids. He spoke 3 languages and got accepted into Duke University coming out of high school. I hear a lot sports commentators calling some players "highly intelligent" and I cringe. Kobe really was a smart dude. Congrats to Natalia!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 111336

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:15 pm    Post subject:

God bless her and the Bryant family. Cannot imagine what they're going through but I'm sure she will make her dad and sister proud!
_________________
Mission accomplished for Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryWest_44
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 18636

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Well deserved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 12593

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Not hating at all.

Not surprised that the daughter of an extremely high net worth L.A. icon got accepted at USC.

Still, congratulations!


You're probably getting fired if you turn down the daughter of Mr.LA.

That being said, I'm sure she was talented and smart enough to get in anyways.

A hearty congratulations is in order.
_________________
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." — Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 5515
Location: LA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Wait is this the same school I read about where some doctor was raping his patients / students and the school had to pay a huge settlement?
_________________
Billions Billions Billions
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 18680
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Wait is this the same school I read about where some doctor was raping his patients / students and the school had to pay a huge settlement?

usc and ucla
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 5867
Location: My own little piece of reality

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Natalia Bryant accepted by USC

Polarbear wrote:
C M B wrote:
KOBE

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/03/30/natalia-bryant-kobes-daughter-usc-acceptance-instagram/


Does she also play basketball?

Such a beauty.....you did good Kobe I know your looking down with pride.


Volleyball I believe. And she is lovely. Kobe would be super proud of her.
_________________
“There is always light if only we're brave enough to see it, if only we're brave enough to be it.” --Amanda Gorman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 26632
Location: Kobe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
ahaider wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Not hating at all.

Not surprised that the daughter of an extremely high net worth L.A. icon got accepted at USC.

Still, congratulations!


I agree and I say this as a USC Alum. There was no way in hell they were going to turn down Kobe's daughter. They always earmark several spots to high profile students and she absolutely fits in the category. However - that's not to take away from her academic and athletic accomplishments. She fits the bill of everything they would want from a student with her background both familial & personal.




You still gotta have the grades and a high SAT score to get in. It's not surprising that Kobe would push education onto his kids. He spoke 3 languages and got accepted into Duke University coming out of high school. I hear a lot sports commentators calling some players "highly intelligent" and I cringe. Kobe really was a smart dude. Congrats to Natalia!


Yeah. I'm sure being connected to Kobe helped, but legacy slots tend to go to rich white kids (especially at USC) whose parents donated money to create a scholarship or construct a new gym facility or lecture hall, or are alumni themselves. It's not as clear cut as admissions offices saying "oh they are related to an icon, accept!" I'm sure with the recent controversy at USC, they took even more precautions to be fair.

Natalia likely had good grades and was a good athlete who did extracurriculars and had access to all the best resources to write quality admissions essays. That's more than enough to get into USC if you can afford the tuition.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 23712

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Natalia Bryant accepted by USC

Polarbear wrote:
C M B wrote:
KOBE

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/03/30/natalia-bryant-kobes-daughter-usc-acceptance-instagram/


Does she also play basketball?

Such a beauty.....you did good Kobe I know your looking down with pride.


She did at one point but wasn't as good as Gianna. She's mostly volleyball

AllorNothing wrote:
She should have aimed higher and try to get into Stanford. I am sure she would have got into that school even with mediocre academics.


I think she may not want to be too far away from her mom and kid sisters.. In a way she's become a defacto parent to her baby sisters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
windycitycane
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 9106

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject:

Welcome fellow Trojan! I graduated from USC in ‘91. Great choice!!
_________________
"I bought the Lakers so I could beat the Celtics" - Dr. Jerry Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2005
Posts: 10363
Location: Hoosier Nation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that some of these posts' lean toward s@#ting all over someone's good news and happiness. That's the world we live in.

For someone who has been through so much, it's good to see her genuinely happy.

Congratulations, Natalia. All of Lakers Nation should be wishing you nothing but the best for what surely will be a bright future.
_________________
Not a legend
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 7152
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Good for Natalia. Congrats to her and the Bryant family. Its been a terrible year and happy they can celebrate this.

With that said, yes, I get the negative comments. My daughter, who is a 4.65 student wants to study film. She got accepted to ONE of her 6 choices, Cal State Northridge, which is one of the top film schools but she didn't get into USC and UCLA, which she wanted as first choices. But, these schools have to meet quotas (and no one can convince me that they don't pick and chose) and I know UCLA had something like 139,000 applicants, a record, or something close to that.

What I am trying to say is the bar isn't fair for all student applicants and it sucks. My daughter submitted film reels, essays, and outstanding grades and SAT scores.....so, good luck to anyone out there that has teens. I still have two more that will be graduating in 2023 and 2025.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 1221

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Good for Natalia. Congrats to her and the Bryant family. Its been a terrible year and happy they can celebrate this.

With that said, yes, I get the negative comments. My daughter, who is a 4.65 student wants to study film. She got accepted to ONE of her 6 choices, Cal State Northridge, which is one of the top film schools but she didn't get into USC and UCLA, which she wanted as first choices. But, these schools have to meet quotas (and no one can convince me that they don't pick and chose) and I know UCLA had something like 139,000 applicants, a record, or something close to that.

What I am trying to say is the bar isn't fair for all student applicants and it sucks. My daughter submitted film reels, essays, and outstanding grades and SAT scores.....so, good luck to anyone out there that has teens. I still have two more that will be graduating in 2023 and 2025.


I am a graduate academic advisor at a competing Southern California university best of luck to the Bright young girl USC is a good school
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2017
Posts: 1195

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Congrats to her. Kobe would be so proud. Wish her all the success there
_________________
17 99 19 22 44 13
25 33 52 32 42 34
8 24 16 23 3 Mic.

48 49 50 52 53 54 72 80 82
85 87 88 00 01 02 09 10 20
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB