more hate from SI

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nesli
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: more hate from SI

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers
We're not so impressed by Kobe Bryant's conscienceless shooting as we are stunned at the Lakers who are enabling him. Lamar Odom once was one of the league's most versatile players, a smart rebounder, an unselfish passer and a solid scorer. Now he might as well be holding Kobe's umbrella for him as he gets off the team bus. Equally puzzling is the transformation of Phil Jackson from Kobe antagonist to member of Kobe's posse, blatantly allowing Bryant to defile his beloved triangle offense with nary a word of rebuke. Wasn't Jackson brought back to improve the Lakers? How is letting Bryant use his teammates as little more than bowling pins making the Lakers better for the long haul? Jackson should have enough wins in the bank to blow a few games while getting his team to play like, well, a team, not as a fan club. I guess for $10 million a year, though, Jackson can do as he damn well pleases. But we don't have to like it.

I hate this writers.
I hate Odom.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/paul_forrester/02/28/progress.reports2/index.html
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject:

At least he admits he doesn't like seeing Kobe play well. Another writer, another hater. They don't watch the games, so don't let it get to you. This guy thinks he knows more than a coach who has won 9 rings. Lamar has put himself in this position. If he wanted to be a bigger part of this team, he would be. Kobe is making up for Lamar's ineptitude. One would have to actually watch the games to realize that though.

This writer's only purpose is to get a rise out of people. Kobe is a lightning rod in all of sports, not just basketball. Any article on him will raise interest.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Add Paul Forrester to the long 'List of Haters' better known as the F @ $ko List!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Every writer that reams Kobe for shooting too much can never name another player who should be getting the ball over Kobe. They just can't because it ruins their whole argument. I mean, how silly would they look saying, "yeah, I really think Kwame should be getting more shots"?

I actually wouldn't say I hate LO - I would defend him against this writer. I know there's a lot of LO hate around here (40ptmachine, where are you?), but I think LO is having a decent season and this writer is ignoring that by calling him Kobe's caddy. LO's averages of 14, 9, 5 are nothing to sneeze at and he's NEVER been a huge scorer. If this guy actually watched the games and listened to LO say it himself, he would know it's more about LO needing to be more aggressive rather than Kobe not playing well with him.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I hate this writers.
I hate Odom :roll:

:roll:

Talk about hypocrisy at it's finest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Dude obviously hasn't been watching the games, and is just pulling BS out of thin air!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I actually wouldn't say I hate LO - I would defend him against this writer. I know there's a lot of LO hate around here (40ptmachine, where are you?), but I think LO is having a decent season and this writer is ignoring that by calling him Kobe's caddy. LO's averages of 14, 9, 5 are nothing to sneeze at and he's NEVER been a huge scorer. If this guy actually watched the games and listened to LO say it himself, he would know it's more about LO needing to be more aggressive rather than Kobe not playing well with him.

Well said.

And people that think his average dropped, that's false. Odom played some 45 games with Kobe last season. The reason his average was 15 ppg - he had 14 games where Kobe was out and he averaged 18-19 during that stretch. Take those games away - and his average is the same 14 ppg it is now.

LO has always been a 14 ppg with Kobe. That's not either guy's fault completely. they both need to do a better job of balancing out each other's talents.

Atleast LO can board and pass helping out there. What's the excuse for the rest of the roster when they don't score?
Achilles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Has this guy even been watching games lately? Since the 81 Kobe has been going out of his way to find teammates. That is really some horrible analysis. It's as if this dude hasn't watched a game since the first month of the season. If I'm not mistaken, aren't both Lamar's shot attempts and Kobe's assists UP?
I thought we were finally getting beyond this kind of baseless, agenda-fueled "journalism."
nesli
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
I hate this writers.

I hate him not because of this article ,but because of his attitude.He is a head case.
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject:

ESPN latest power rankings
Quote:
Lakers-16(16) 28-28
January: Kobe averaged 43.4 ppg in 13 games; LA went 9-4. February: Kobe's at 31.8 ppg; LA is 4-8. Conclusion: Kobe needs to start shooting more.

LINK
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject:

nesli wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
I hate this writers.

I hate him not because of this article ,but because of his attitude.He is a head case.

So you "hate" him?

Amazing.

With the likes of Kwame Brown and Smush Parker on the team with all of their issues - the guy you hate is Lamar Odom?

Yeah, you're reasonable.
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
nesli wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
I hate this writers.

So you "hate" him?

Amazing.

With the likes of Kwame Brown and Smush Parker on the team with all of their issues - the guy you hate is Lamar Odom?

Yeah, you're reasonable.

last I heard, lamar is making a lot more money than smush parker and is in his 8th season, a lot longer than kwame. And lamar is in his second year with the lakers.
nesli
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
nesli wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
I hate this writers.

So you "hate" him?

Amazing.

Yeah, you're reasonable.

Yes the guy I hate is Lamar. IN MY OPINION he doesn't bring all every night. I don't have to like him ,right?
SlyBoogie
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject:

When was Odom one of the league's versatile players?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
last I heard, lamar is making a lot more money than smush parker and is in his 8th season, a lot longer than kwame. And lamar is in his second year with the lakers.

The paid thing is sooo old. It's been proven so many times by some great posters (Rule etc) that Lamar is in the same class of paid players that his numbers and ability warrant.

There are some underpaid guys, but that doesn't mean Lamar is overpaid.

Smush has totally quit on defense. He is completely a one-way player. Kwame the same (but atleast he tries on defense and I can't hate him for for having limited skill on offense)

Odom rebounds and sets teammates up apart from scoring.

That's what you call support. Kobe scores a ton. While the rest of the guys ussually do nothing while Kobe is on burts - Odom will atleast be trying to set him up and definitely rebounding.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

SlyBoogie wrote:

SlyBoogie - not many players in this league can average over 9 rebounds, over 5 assists, and double digit scoring a night.

I can certainly understand Laker fans' frustration with Lamar because everyone sees the skills, we just want him to do it consistently and not make some of the bone-headed plays he does make. I think expectation for LO to be a big scorer is off - we just need to accept the fact that's not him and appreciate everything else he brings to the table. We also need to be more patient as he learns the triangle. It always surprises me when people on this board trash LO but support Kwame to no end. LO at least has demonstrable skills.

Let's deal with the short term frustration and appreciate LO for what he does bring and what he'll be capable of bringing more consistently next year when he's even more comfortable in the offense.
SlyBoogie
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
SlyBoogie wrote:

SlyBoogie - not many players in this league can average over 9 rebounds, over 5 assists, and double digit scoring a night.

I can certainly understand Laker fans' frustration with Lamar because everyone sees the skills, we just want him to do it consistently and not make some of the bone-headed plays he does make. I think expectation for LO to be a big scorer is off - we just need to accept the fact that's not him and appreciate everything else he brings to the table. We also need to be more patient as he learns the triangle. It always surprises me when people on this board trash LO but support Kwame to no end. LO at least has demonstrable skills.

Let's deal with the short term frustration and appreciate LO for what he does bring and what he'll be capable of bringing more consistently next year when he's even more comfortable in the offense.

There is no doubt that Lamar Odom has talent, but he's definately not a 2nd option on the Laker's offense and he never will be. And as the team's facilitator, I expect more consistency which he lacks. I'll still give him more time to get use to the triangle and to see if he indeed becomes a better player. I mean you know it, and I know it, the Lakers need a 2nd option and Lamar isn't it.

Last edited by SlyBoogie on Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
SlyBoogie wrote:

(Just you wait for LO haters to come in and disect every word you say and ofcourse finishing with the usual LO needs to be traded for Channing Frye crap)
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject:

SlyBoogie wrote:
Socks wrote:
SlyBoogie wrote:

There is no doubt that Lamar Odom has talent, but he's definately not a 2nd option on offense and never will be and as the team's facilitator I expect more consistency when he lacks. I'll still give him more time to see if he indeed becomes a better player. I mean you know it, and I know it, the Lakers need a 2nd option and Lamar isn't it.

I agree, he's not a second scoring option. Ideal #3. It just kills me when there's so much LO hate and as Wolfpac says, LO brings a ton of support where other guys on the team are standing around. Everyone concentrates so hard on the fact LO isn't putting up 20 a game (when he never has in his career) that they miss everything he does contribute.
SlyBoogie
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
SlyBoogie wrote:
Socks wrote:
SlyBoogie wrote:

There is no doubt that Lamar Odom has talent, but he's definately not a 2nd option on offense and never will be and as the team's facilitator I expect more consistency when he lacks. I'll still give him more time to see if he indeed becomes a better player. I mean you know it, and I know it, the Lakers need a 2nd option and Lamar isn't it.

I agree, he's not a second scoring option. Ideal #3. It just kills me when there's so much LO hate and as Wolfpac says, LO brings a ton of support where other guys on the team are standing around. Everyone concentrates so hard on the fact LO isn't putting up 20 a game (when he never has in his career) that they miss everything he does contribute.

And I agree. Lamar is pivotal to the team this season, and if I were Mitch, Kwame would have been long gone. But what I don't agree with is that Lamar isn't half the player he is because Kobe takes too many shots, which he does in order to win. And then they bring up his second season with the Heat where he averaged close to 17 points a game. I mean we were looking at Lamar as the second option last season, and again this season, and I really think as you've said, he'll fit right a home being the 3rd option on the team.
qreus-76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Dude is just trying to keep a job.
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:

what's funny is that

1. this guy obviously doesn't watch any laker games.. simply reads boxscores like all the other tools out there.

2. the lakers are actually trying to involve the teammates MORE, which has led to their losing record of late. this guy is bashing kobe for "using his teammates as bowling pins" .. when in fact he's been trying to get them into the offense more than before. they were winning MORE games when kobe was actually playing the way this writer bashes him for. now that he's playing the "right way" .. they're losing more games.

'tard.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: