List of Haters
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: List of Haters

This should be entertaining... please contribute to the 'List of Haters'. I'll start it off:

Jason Whitlock,... I can't stand this Fat F*&$!!!! He makes an a$$ of himself every time he's not stuffing food in his fat mouth.

Example (it's old, but way way over the line):

Quote:
By Jason Whitlock
Special to Page 2

An Open Letter To Kobe
By Jason Whitlock Special to Page 2

Dear Kobe:

Hey, buddy. How ya doing? My name is Jason Whitlock. I'm a 37-year-old sports fan and sports writer. We've never formally met; and, to be quite honest, I've never really liked you.

I'm a Shaq guy. The Big Diesel just always seemed more real than you. I didn't like the way you treated Shaq. Yes, he could be a bit lazy, and he should've reported to camp in better shape. But Shaq is a good guy; and had you shown him the proper respect, he would've given you the respect you wanted.

Hey, let me get to the reason I'm writing. I'm not writing to bash you. I'm writing because my opinion of you ... hold on, I'm writing because my dislike toward you has softened considerably over the past couple of months. I feel sorry for you. It seems as if the whole world has turned against you. No one in the league likes you. You've pushed your family away. Even mild-mannered Phil Jackson has taken shots at you.

You need a friend, Kobe. You need a mentor. You need an older black male in your life to provide you with some guidance. I'm the spokesperson for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City. BBBS matches Little Brothers with Big Brothers. I figured I could be your Big Brother, a mentor willing to share some hard truths with you. I know that Dr. Jerry Buss has been giving you some advice. But Dr. Buss is a little ... eccentric. He isn't what you need at this time. You need some counseling from an older male who has street smarts, a head for The Game. You remind me of Stringer Bell. Do you watch "The Wire," Kobe? It's a great show on HBO. Pat Riley loves it. Stringer was the big star on "The Wire." He was a Baltimore drug dealer who was trying to get out of The Game, but greed, ambition and a lack of common sense cost him his life. Stringer did all sorts of dumb crap and crossed all the wrong people. He put himself on an island because he thought he was smarter than The Game. Kobe, you don't want to end up like Stringer Bell. He got his cap peeled by a gay stickup man and a bean-pie salesman. Had Stringer sought the advice of an older man, he could've walked away from The Game and become a real-estate tycoon.

Obviously, Kobe, you're in a different Game than Stringer Bell. But the Game you're in has stakes that are just as high, maybe even higher. You're in a Game called marriage, and you're playing it all wrong. Actually, you're just getting played. Vanessa, your young wife, has you strung all the way out. That $4 million adultery ring you bought her a year ago was a gigantic mistake. And allowing her to pick a fight for you with Karl Malone is a colossal error. Your wife has the upper hand. You know this. You got busted trickin' off. You made matters considerably worse by admitting to your wife that you tricked off. Look, I don't care what you told the police. I don't care what you told your lawyers or the prosecutors in Colorado. You should've never confessed to your wife. When it comes to extracurriculars in a marriage, it is far better to live a lie than suffer the consequences of the truth. Ask Bill Clinton, the author of "Trickin' Ain't Easy." Vanessa is going to be pushing your buttons for the rest of your married life. She's not letting it go. She can't. Karl Malone did not try to get with your wife. Your wife baited Karl into some harmless flirtation. "Whatcha huntin' Cowboy?" What was Karl supposed to say? He thinks he's jabbering with a friend so he cracks a joke. Vanessa blew this thing out of proportion because she's still angry with you. A $4-million ring doesn't take the pain or embarrassment away. The only things that will ease that pain and embarrassment are a divorce and half of your money. Kobe, your wife won't stop making a fool out of you until she believes you look as foolish as she did holding your hand at the press conference when you first answered charges that you raped a hotel desk clerk.

She's gonna have you chasing mystery enemies for the rest of your life. She'll send herself flowers and tell you they're from Shaq. You'll catch her with a bag of weed and she'll say The Zen Master had it shipped to her from Mexico. Don't be surprised if she starts cooing about the size of Gary Payton's glove or how cute Ray Allen is. She's probably writing letters to Suge Knight in jail. She isn't going to let you sleep at night, because she isn't sleeping herself. You're out on the road, getting checked in by a different hotel clerk every night. It doesn't matter how many times you talk to her on your cell phone. It doesn't matter how many text messages you send. You got busted, and you compounded the error by confessing. She's bitter and vindictive.

Kobe, you need to learn to keep your mouth shut. You talk too much. Damn, dude, when the police asked you what happened between you and a 19-year-old, you ran off at the mouth and dragged Shaq's reputation through the mud. You're making a fool out of yourself, Kobe.

Tell Jim Gray: no more interviews. Quit talking to reporters. Stay off of ESPN. Kornheiser and Wilbon are great guys, but five good minutes for them are just five more bad minutes for you. And, my God, what were you thinking when you let Stephen A., John Saunders and Greg Anthony grill you on "NBA Shootaround?" I know your buddy at the L.A. Times, T.J. Simers, is one guy you feel is on your side. But he's playing you, too. Every time you open your mouth to T.J. and confirm a juicy story, you're just putting money in T.J.'s pocket and making yourself look like a buster. Kobe, there's a big difference between a man who runs his house and a man who runs around the house. How do you play basketball when you spend all day and all night running around the house to put out the fires that Vanessa starts? You owe The Mailman an apology. If your wife didn't leave the mailbox wide open, The Mailman would've never bothered her.

Your friend,

Jason Whitlock, columnist for the Kansas City Star.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TheGoldenChild
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject:

"columnist for the Kansas City Star"

'nuff said.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject:

This seems like an old article, what's the date on this?

Could this guy sound any more high and mighty? Dude lost all credibility when he started talking about Vanessa. Just leave people's wives out of this.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
This seems like an old article, what's the date on this?

Could this guy sound any more high and mighty? Dude lost all credibility when he started talking about Vanessa. Just leave people's wives out of this.

It's an old article, I'm guess this is a little over a year old...

I never liked him, he always makes an a$$ of himself on the Sports Reporters....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The Mike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Charles "No Rings" Barkley

He is forever hating on Kobe. example being the only person from TNT to leave Kobe out of the top 60.

I believe that he is on a mission to protect his boy Mike's Legacy thus the reason for such huge hatred of Kobe.
"Kobe Bryant is an absolute nightmare. You can hold your breath, send for help, sacrifice a chicken, it won't matter. Kobe Bryant is coming for you. He's got the ball and he's going to score...some way, some how."
Dancing Barry
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Jorge (bleep) Sedano on the Third Shift. ughhh!!. i seriously think he does not allow laker calls because ill be lucky to hear ONE laker call the whole week
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:

It was BREAKING NEWS -- a year and a half ago.

The truth is that the tide is pretty much turning for Kobe on the PR front. There are a few haters here and there, but their arguments are two years old. The current front line of basketball commentators are pretty much giving him props.

But if we're posting old articles, I can go back and dig up some Plaschke and JA Adande hate. Anyone? Didn't think so.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Bill Simmons
puajibai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject:

pippen- for the same reasons as fat charles
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Tim Legler.

I remember when on ESPN they were comparing Allen Iverson and he picked Allen Iverson in EVERY category! (things like "who would you want shooting the last shot of a game, better scorer, better teammate ect.)
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Who can forget Charley Rosen the Phil's mouthpiece?
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject:

Seriously Charles Barkley is the biggest on national t.v hater by far. I mean this Whitlock whatever dude seems like a true hater also but he is nobody so into does not matter. barkley on the other hand is just terrible. So what about the off court issues ,Kobe bryant can play ball. That's what is seriously proven and Charles can't even admit that Kobe is on the next 10 of the greatest 50 basketball players ever????????I mean live in your memory of getting schooled by the greatest player ever (Jordan) but not admitting that Kobe is the next best thing is just bs. barkley is living in his own glory still. Than show on all star break about the next 10 greatest ball players was Charles looking like a stupid gorrilla.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
Bill Simmons

I agree with this but I think at least Bill has a reason. He has a blind hatred of Kobe because he wears a Laker uniform. As much a hater as he seems to be, if Kobe and Pierce traded teams tomorrow, he'd be the biggest Kobe homer in the history of the universe.

Scherm wrote:
I can go back and dig up some Plaschke and JA Adande hate.

Please do. (bleep) those turkeys.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject:

The Mike wrote:
Charles "No Rings" Barkley

He is forever hating on Kobe. example being the only person from TNT to leave Kobe out of the top 60.

I believe that he is on a mission to protect his boy Mike's Legacy thus the reason for such huge hatred of Kobe.

Agree so much

Charles HATES Kobe
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject:

Woody Paige
Tim Legler
LA Times Writers
Charle Barkley
Every Denver newpaper
Bill Simmons
So many more I cant think of any
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject:

George Karl was raggin' on Kobe pretty hard when he was a TV analyst (prior to taking the Nuggets job).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject:

TheGoldenChild wrote:

'nuff said.

Because Kansas City is such a hotbed of Kobe hating? Logic, please, if it isn't too much to ask.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject:

^ I think what he was trying to say is that the dude is a hick nobody, so who cares what he says...but I could be wrong...
Aloha
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject:

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:

'nuff said.

Because Kansas City is such a hotbed of Kobe hating? Logic, please, if it isn't too much to ask.

The story was on Page 2 on BSPN, that reaches a little more that just KC. He's also one of the 'reporters' that frequents the Sports Reporters... :roll:
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:

'nuff said.

The story was on Page 2 on BSPN, that reaches a little more that just KC. He's also one of the 'reporters' that frequents the Sports Reporters... :roll:

So what does that have to do with the Kansas City Star?
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:

'nuff said.

Too much backbiting on this board lately.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
TACH wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:

'nuff said.

That's the paper he writes for, but also writes for Page 2, and hits the Sports Talk Show Circuit (i.e. PTI, Sports Reporters, Around The Horn, etc.)... The guy just really irks the sh!t out of me. He blames KB8 for everything... current Laker situation.... Kobe's fault, Oil Prices..... Kobe's fault, Global Warming... Kobe's fault, the next earthquake, it will be Kobe's fault. His bias is unbelieveable.

But the purpose of this thread was to identify those haters.

So far we have:

The crowd favorite Chuck Barkley...
Woody Paige
Jorge Sedano
Tim Legler
Scottie Pippen
Charley Rosen
TJ Simer
Bill Simmons

I think that make up wearing, trimmed eyebrow *&$^*$% Jay Mariotti,.. can be added to the list....
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject:

That Sedano idiot is the worst. We get it, you work for the Heat and love to suck Shaq's (bleep). But that's just a reflection of his show, he's a horrible radio host.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
TACH wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:

'nuff said.

That's the paper he writes for, but also writes for Page 2, and hits the Sports Talk Show Circuit (i.e. PTI, Sports Reporters, Around The Horn, etc.)... The guy just really irks the (bleep) out of me. He blames KB8 for everything... current Laker situation.... Kobe's fault, Oil Prices..... Kobe's fault, Global Warming... Kobe's fault, the next earthquake, it will be Kobe's fault. His bias is unbelieveable.

But the purpose of this thread was to identify those haters.

So far we have:

The crowd favorite Chuck Barkley...
Woody Paige
Jorge Sedano
Tim Legler
Scottie Pippen
Charley Rosen
TJ Simer
Bill Simmons

I think that make up wearing, trimmed eyebrow *&$^*$% Jay Mariotti,.. can be added to the list....

Let's add some radio haters:
Jim Rome
Joe McDonnell
Steve Hartman
Hacksaw

Some local hacks form the Times:
JA Adande
Bill Plaschke
TJ has supported Kobe, but has some criticism too.

From the NBA world:
Michael Jordan
Pat Riley
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: