Avoid Playoffs Play-In Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I think Steph is going to send someone home early in a 1 or 2 game play-in. I wouldn’t want to face him in a win or go home situation if I’m Dallas or Portland.

Dont worry, he is a choker. Always have a sub par game in a do or die games.

47/125 (37.6%) from 3s in a do or die game compare to his 43.3% career %.

0/8 in game winning shots under 20s in playoffs
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
I think Steph is going to send someone home early in a 1 or 2 game play-in. I wouldn’t want to face him in a win or go home situation if I’m Dallas or Portland.

Fair point, but the difference this time is no one expects that team to do anything. All the pressure would be on Luka or Dame.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
leking006 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Fair point, but the difference this time is no one expects that team to do anything. All the pressure would be on Luka or Dame.

Maybe you are right and besides the pressure for them in the play-in is not that high as they are expected to lose anyway.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Damn Heat cant even win vs a Murray less Nuggets
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Dallas wins on BS. Nice choke grizz.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Mavs trail for most of the 4th
and then Luka gets a running/stumbling 3 right at the buzzer to win
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Today:

Nuggets W (Lakers 1 GB)
Blazers (Lakers 2.5 GA)
Mavs W ( Lakers 3.5 GA)
Grizz L (Lakers 6 GA)
Spurs L (Lakers 7 GA)
Warriors W (Lakers 7 GA)

Lakers 3.5 Games ahead of 7th spot

Notable Games Tomorrow:
Lakers vs Celtics
Warriors vs Cavs
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:

I think its inevitable for Mavs to go up into the top 6 area.

The Blazers has a big chance of going down to the play-in. I dont think the Nuggets will lose that many even though Murray is not playing.

If the Lakers will continue with their G-Leaguers off the bench lineups I will not be surprised if they will find themselves fighting with the Blazers on the 6th spot, before Lebron return in May. I am seeing them just winning 2 games at most (if they are lucky) in their next 8 games. Hopefully I am wrong, but that lineup (bench) will not hold it agains better teams. Hornets scrubs with a player named "Darling" almost whoop their asses.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Upcoming games prediction:
4/15 Boston L
4/17 Utah L
4/19 Utah L
4/22 @Mavs L
4/24 @Mavs L
4/26 @Magic W
4/28 @Wiz L
4/30 Sacto W

2-6

This is the most realistic record they can have in this schedule with that anemic bench lineup (Harrell @ C, McKinnie/Wes @ PF).

Hoping they still in the top 6 after this.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject:

[quote="leking006"]Upcoming games prediction:
4/15 Boston L
4/17 Utah L
4/19 Utah L
4/22 @Mavs L
4/24 @Mavs L
4/26 @Magic W
4/28 @Wiz L
4/30 Sacto W

2-6

This is the most realistic record they can have in this schedule with that anemic bench lineup (Harrell @ C, McKinnie/Wes @ PF).

I think they can split either the mavs or Utah sets and best case scenario is 3 wins and 5 Ls.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject:

[quote="vcdplaya3002"]
leking006 wrote:
4/15 Boston L
4/17 Utah L
4/19 Utah L
4/22 @Mavs L
4/24 @Mavs L
4/26 @Magic W
4/28 @Wiz L
4/30 Sacto W

2-6

I think they can split either the mavs or Utah sets and best case scenario is 3 wins and 5 Ls.

I dont see them winning with the jazz with that harrell lineup. Jazz will pull away once Lakers insert that lineup.

Maybe they can salvage 1 win vs Mavs.

Need better coaching and strategy on beating these teams, and it looks like Vogel is not doing good in that category recently.

What good teams they beat after Lebron injury other than Nets who's defense is so bad?

Last edited by leking006 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Dont get me wrong guys, I still believe they can win more than half of these games, it Vogel will just change his strategy. But it looks like he's not adjusting or whatsoever. Same lineup who can't win vs good teams.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Blazers next 8 games prediction:
Spurs W
Hornets W
Clippers L (W if flippers load manage)
Nuggets L
Grizz W
Grizz W
Pacers W
Grizz W

6-2 or 7-1

Last edited by leking006 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Mavs next 8 games prediction:
Knicks W
Kings W
Pistons W
Lakers W
Lakers W
Kings W
Warriors W
Pistons W

8-0

Last edited by leking006 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:

Luka’s game winning shot was ridiculous! They tried to lose that game but he just wouldn’t let them.

It is that kind of out of nowhere win that can energize a team. I expect the Mavs to keep climbing the standings.

Tough stretch coming up for the Lakers. They will likely drop into that 7th spot Then it becomes a matter of “if” they can climb back out of that hole. They should be able to but they still need wins any way they can get them.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
P.K. wrote:

Luka’s game winning shot was ridiculous! They tried to lose that game but he just wouldn’t let them.

It is that kind of out of nowhere win that can energize a team. I expect the Mavs to keep climbing the standings.

Tough stretch coming up for the Lakers. They will likely drop into that 7th spot Then it becomes a matter of “if” they can climb back out of that hole. They should be able to but they still need wins any way they can get them.

If Vogel will coach better, I think they can win half of those 8. But his rotation is stupid lately, just enough to beat scrub teams.

Last edited by leking006 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Nuggets next 8 games prediction:
Rockets W
Grizz W
Blazers W
Warriors W (can be L)
Rockets W
Grizz W
Pelicans W
Raptors W

8-0 or 7-1
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
P.K. wrote:

If Vogel will coach better, I think they can win half of those 8. Bit his rotation is stupid lately, just enough to beat scrub teams.

I hope you are right. I’m not seeing 4 Laker wins. Would love to be surprised.

And I know there seems to be a narrative about Vogel not coaching well enough working it’s way into the discussions. Personally I think it is just the opposite. IMO Vogel is doing a hell of a job with what limited rosters he can put out there. Multiple nagging injuries are adding up and effecting the players.

They still tend to play very good defense just incredibly inconsistent on offense. The turnovers are killing the Lakers. That’s on the players. Not sure what Vogel and coaching staff is supposed to do differently. Team has serious limitations without Davis and James keeping it all together. Playing fan fantasy lineups is not the answer.

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

4/15 Boston L
4/17 Utah L
4/19 Utah L
4/22 @Mavs L
4/24 @Mavs L (W if AD return)
4/26 @Magic W
4/28 @Wiz L (W if AD return)
4/30 Sacto W

2-6
4-4 if AD returns vs Mavs
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
P.K. wrote:

If Vogel will coach better, I think they can win half of those 8. Bit his rotation is stupid lately, just enough to beat scrub teams.

And I know there seems to be a narrative about Vogel not coaching well enough working it’s way into the discussions. Personally I think it is just the opposite. IMO Vogel is doing a hell of a job with what limited rosters he can put out there. Multiple nagging injuries are adding up and effecting the players.

They still tend to play very good defense just incredibly inconsistent on offense. The turnovers are killing the Lakers. That’s on the players. Not sure what Vogel and coaching staff is supposed to do differently. Team has serious limitations without Davis and James keeping it all together. Playing fan fantasy lineups is not the answer.

Benching your former starting C and the next good playmaker after bron is not good coaching.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
P.K. wrote:

Benching your former starting C and the next good playmaker after bron is not good coaching.

And yet the Head Coach and staff of the Lakers chooses to do so, go figure.

You disagree, I get it. I have my own strategies and lineups I would like to see too. Vogel doesn’t listen to me either.

I’m not even completely disagreeing. Gasol’s playmaking and decision making seems like it would cut down on a few turnovers and some easier shots at times. But he is going in different direction. Doesn’t make him a “bad coach”. Just a HC making tough choices during a difficult stretch without his two HoF leaders.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
P.K. wrote:

And yet the Head Coach and staff of the Lakers chooses to do so, go figure.

You disagree, I get it. I have my own strategies and lineups I would like to see too. Vogel doesn’t listen to me either.

I’m not even completely disagreeing. Gasol’s playmaking and decision making seems like it would cut down on a few turnovers and some easier shots at times. But he is going in different direction. Doesn’t make him a “bad coach”. Just a HC making tough choices during a difficult stretch without his two HoF leaders.

So this is good coaching? Playing a guy @ C who constantly got abused in the paint?

PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:48 am    Post subject:

The Mavs just won't go away. Luka had 6 pts on 1-6 shooting in the 1st half, then hits a flurry of circus shots including a buzzer beater to finish with 29.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:50 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Dont get me wrong guys, I still believe they can win more than half of these games, it Vogel will just change his strategy. But it looks like he's not adjusting or whatsoever. Same lineup who can't win vs good teams.

Pastor Riley is back!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:17 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
4/15 Boston L
4/17 Utah L
4/19 Utah L
4/22 @Mavs L
4/24 @Mavs L
4/26 @Magic W
4/28 @Wiz L
4/30 Sacto W

2-6

Hoping they still in the top 6 after this.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 5 of 36
Jump to: