Lakers chasing Hornets

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yesman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Lakers chasing Hornets

The Lakers are chasing the Hornets for the favorable 6th seed that will face the winner of the NW division in the first round. The Hornets, who are supposedly in "rebuilding" mode, are outplaying the Lakers. Why is this so? Is it that hard to build a decent team aroound the best player in the NBA? What changes need to be made? The answer to this question CANNOT BE LET THEM DEVELOPE CHEMISTRY. That is what you say when you have young, talented players capable of one day competing for championships. Mihm, Cook,Smush....these are not players I would give years to hoping they some day develope. What needs to be done? Because as the team is built now, this team wouldn't contend with 100 years of chemistry. We are cap struck and the 2007 plan is not realistic. Even if it was, you don't throw away years like thatt unless you KNOW you are gonna get top talent a la Lebron, and that isn't gonna happen. What is gonna go down? Are they hoping to trade Odom and more for KG in the offseason? I personally see no way of the Lakers winning a bid for KG even if he is made available.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Paragraph.
Please.
Irishladdie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers chasing Hornets

Well hopefully Cleveland keeps booing Lebron, then their is a GREAT chance we will get him., He was pissed about that.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Hornets are rebuilding? David West and Chris Paul dont think so.
lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject:

The Laker fan need to go to all the Cavs games and start booing LJ.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject:

As it stands right now I'd rather keep the 8th seed because that would mean a first round match up with Dallas. Seems to me Kobe has something special in his tank for them.

If the Lakers beat Dallas they would then face the the winner of the 3-6 seed matchup which would also be winnable and that would mean WCF for this team.

Just my opinion.
LAL25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:

San Antonio is going to get that #1 seed. Book it. They always end strong.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject:

LAL25 wrote:
San Antonio is going to get that #1 seed. Book it. They always end strong.

I agree they don't like they been really trying to hard this regular season. Almost looking like they have been coasting. Also with Manu being injured he really hasn't gotten back to playing like he use to.
minervafilms
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers are not chasing the Hornets.

The Kings, Rockets and Jazz are chasing the Lakers.

After next week's games against the Spurs and Pistons, they might be ahead of us.
minervafilms
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject:

kobenbynum wrote:
As it stands right now I'd rather keep the 8th seed because that would mean a first round match up with Dallas. Seems to me Kobe has something special in his tank for them.

If the Lakers beat Dallas they would then face the the winner of the 3-6 seed matchup which would also be winnable and that would mean WCF for this team.

Just my opinion.

Sorry to be so harsh, but your opinion is worthless.

What makes you think that this Laker team would be a lock to beat Denver (or any other winner of the Northwest Division) when we've recently lost to the Hawks and the Celtics at home.

Even if they got past the Nuggets (I do believe it would be a competitive series, despite the Lakers' ineptitude), what makes you think that "would mean WCF"? Who exactly would they be beating in a seven game series? The Spurs? The Mavs - owners of the second best record in the league? The Suns, who the Lakers are yet to beat without Shaq in even a regular season game?

Right now, keeping the 8th seed itself is going to be a tough enough job.
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Before we get to the Pistons and Spurs games......we must win against the Magic.Blazers and Warriors.......than get that New orleans game next week......being down by 3 games now,we can probably be only 1 back than,and still have a great chance for that #6 seed.......

These next three are almost vital.....at least we must win 2 of the next 3......but three of three is very important at this stage,because getting "W's against the Pistons and Spurs will be more than tough.....
Billy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject:

lakers1969 wrote:
The Laker fan need to go to all the Cavs games and start booing LJ.

And wearing Cavs' jersay or holding Cavs signs ... Otherwise, it would not work
lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:

If we wnat to be in the play-off Kobe needs to be shhoting again but remember PJ said the 81 is very impressing but not good to the team. So there you go it really depends on the scrubs to step up.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:

minervafilms wrote:
kobenbynum wrote:

Just my opinion.

What makes you think that this Laker team would be a lock to beat Denver (or any other winner of the Northwest Division) when we've recently lost to the Hawks and the Celtics at home.

Even if they got past the Nuggets (I do believe it would be a competitive series, despite the Lakers' ineptitude), what makes you think that "would mean WCF"? Who exactly would they be beating in a seven game series? The Spurs? The Mavs - owners of the second best record in the league? The Suns, who the Lakers are yet to beat without Shaq in even a regular season game?

Some fans here need to realize what a 7 game series is. Lets break it down, u basically need beat a team 4 times in a 7 games span, and for a team like the lakers , who cant go 5 games above .500 , please make me understand how in the hell we would be the mavericks 4/7 time, including on their one homecourt were they've won 12 in a row currently. Jus humor me please
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:

minervafilms wrote:
The Lakers are not chasing the Hornets.

The Kings, Rockets and Jazz are chasing the Lakers.

After next week's games against the Spurs and Pistons, they might be ahead of us.

To chase some one, you need to keep up. Lakers aren't chasing anyone except a Lottery slot.
Billy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I agree that the Lakers are not "chasing" at the moment... they are more like "waiting" with the way they are playing ...
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
minervafilms wrote:
kobenbynum wrote:

Just my opinion.

Some fans here need to realize what a 7 game series is. Lets break it down, u basically need beat a team 4 times in a 7 games span, and for a team like the lakers , who cant go 5 games above .500 , please make me understand how in the hell we would be the mavericks 4/7 time, including on their one homecourt were they've won 12 in a row currently. Jus humor me please

Lakers beat Mavs twice this year...It CAN be done, especially with Phil.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Now_I_Know wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
minervafilms wrote:
kobenbynum wrote:

Just my opinion.

You must learn that there is a huge difference between the regular season and the playoffs. With these players, we don't have a chance.
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject:

The Mavs are good they've improved alot since we've beaten them. I don't know why some of you are so quick to think that the Lakers can beat the Mavs in the playoffs. Yeah, Kobe owns them but come playoff time the Mavs will have an answer for Kobe, to slow him down atleast. Basically Kobe can't win any playoff series all by himself. His teammates are young, inexperienced, inconsistent and play dumb. Get a clue people!
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
minervafilms wrote:
kobenbynum wrote:

Just my opinion.

You must learn that there is a huge difference between the regular season and the playoffs. With these players, we don't have a chance.

Yup, there is...Dallas is known to step it down in the playoffs, while Phil Jackson teams are known to step up big time in the playoffs...Not saying that Lakers are currently the better team, just saying we have a chance...PeACe
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject:

Everyone is worried about the Lakers schedule. It's not like NO, Houston, whoever don't play tough teams either.
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject:

Now_I_Know wrote:
laker4life wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
minervafilms wrote:
kobenbynum wrote:

Just my opinion.

Yup, there is...Dallas is known to step it down in the playoffs, while Phil Jackson teams are known to step up big time in the playoffs...Not saying that Lakers are currently the better team, just saying we have a chance...PeACe

Not true, Dallas never advances far because their lack of D catches up with them in the playoffs. Different team this year. They dont step it down, the problem is they don't step it up
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Dallas will be no. 1....San Antonio doesnt have their kinda firepower to win more game in the regular season though they are a better playoff team

Chris Paul is the reason why the Hornets are in the 7th seed. But I honestly think that they are going to start losing very soon and to the end of the season bc they are relying on athletes who are not used to playing 82 games....

I think Utah can make the 8th spot while the lakers get seventh and hornets get clipped at 10th with sac at 9 and houst at 11th.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject:

for the last time, lets concentrate on just making the playoffs. Geesh, after every win, some fans always want to jump the gun and go for something larger. After every loss, nothing but lottery and end of season talk. Talk about flip flopping.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: