Who's the bodyguard on this team?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Who's the bodyguard on this team?

Most of you guys probably saw in the Cleveland/Detroit game last night that Z retaliated against ‘Sheed for the cheap shot elbow ‘Sheed hit him with in the previous game that required him to get stitches in his head. It pissed me off that when it happened that no one the Cavs stepped up to ‘Sheed and that Z basically had to get back at him on his own. That would have never happened if someone had done that to Magic, Jordan, Isiah, etc. Granted, Z’s not a star on that level, but your teammates have gotta have your back in a situation like that or your team is gonna get punked again and again.

It got me thinking about who would step up on the Lakers if someone nailed Kobe like that. Kobe’s been hit hard a few times this season and no one has really stepped up, although Kobe was the first guy there when Bynum and Shaq had their brief exchange. In the past Foxy would’ve stepped right up and clobbered anyone who messed with someone on his team. Who do you think would do that on this Laker team?
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's the bodyguard on this team?

Socks wrote:
Most of you guys probably saw in the Cleveland/Detroit game last night that Z retaliated against ‘Sheed for the cheap shot elbow ‘Sheed hit him with in the previous game that required him to get stitches in his head. It pissed me off that when it happened that no one the Cavs stepped up to ‘Sheed and that Z basically had to get back at him on his own. That would have never happened if someone had done that to Magic, Jordan, Isiah, etc. Granted, Z’s not a star on that level, but your teammates have gotta have your back in a situation like that or your team is gonna get punked again and again.

It got me thinking about who would step up on the Lakers if someone nailed Kobe like that. Kobe’s been hit hard a few times this season and no one has really stepped up, although Kobe was the first guy there when Bynum and Shaq had their brief exchange. In the past Foxy would’ve stepped right up and clobbered anyone who messed with someone on his team. Who do you think would do that on this Laker team?

Thats your answer right there.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Ronny would then be suspended because he came of the bench.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject:

if we're going by which laker has bled the most from the mouth...our bodyguard is sasha.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's the bodyguard on this team?

4OnTheFloor wrote:
Socks wrote:

Thats your answer right there.

If Ronny could get some regular minutes, I think he could be that guy. But certainly none of the cream puffs in our current rotation would hurt a fly.
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:

lakers2626 wrote:
Ronny would then be suspended because he came of the bench.

Oh yeah how could i forget about him.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's the bodyguard on this team?

Socks wrote:

Tis is the NBA NOT the NHL, the NBA doesn't have enforcers.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

You mean an enforcer? We been looking for one since Rick left.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:

do you honestly think anyone on this team would do something like that?

you would expect it to be a front court player..we quite possibly have the softest group of front court players out there.

Kobe is by himself when it comes to toughness, standing up for himself or a teammate.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

When young Andrew turns 21 then lookout! Until then, Phil?
kobeodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

von wafer... too bad hes in the d league now. he could really whup someomes a$$.
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's the bodyguard on this team?

re4ee wrote:
Socks wrote:

\

Then what do you call Danny Fortson??
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's the bodyguard on this team?

4OnTheFloor wrote:
re4ee wrote:
Socks wrote:

\

A FREAK!
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's the bodyguard on this team?

4OnTheFloor wrote:

A bully who would rather play tackle football or wrestle than basketball.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's the bodyguard on this team?

4OnTheFloor wrote:
re4ee wrote:
Socks wrote:

\

Sheed cracked open Ilgaukas' head on Sunday and it only cost him 5 large. No tech, no ejection, no suspension. Very NHL-ish if you ask me.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's the bodyguard on this team?

orwell wrote:
4OnTheFloor wrote:

A bully who would rather play tackle football or wrestle than basketball.

Sounds good to me.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's the bodyguard on this team?

re4ee wrote:
4OnTheFloor wrote:
re4ee wrote:
Socks wrote:

\

A FREAK!

...or bill laimbeer?

...or charles oakley?

...or ortis thorpe?

....or anothony mason?
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject:

I believe you forgot Charles Barkley? :roll:
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject:

^^^

I'd bring Oakley out of retirement to watch Kobe's back. That guy is just stone cold crazy. No one in the league would dream of messing with him. I wouldn't wanna mess with him if he was 80 years old and in a wheelchair.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Moses Malone

Rick Mahorn....
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

orwell wrote:

barkley was so much more than just an enforecer. he did it all. scare the crap out of you while dropping 35 and grabbing 19 boards. damn i miss the 80's!

it makes me sad to think about how barkley would have been castrated by the league and david stern for being the bad ass he was back then. i don't think it's possible anymore.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's the bodyguard on this team?

tony smith wrote:
re4ee wrote:
4OnTheFloor wrote:
re4ee wrote:
Socks wrote:

\

A FREAK!

...or bill laimbeer?

...or charles oakley?

...or ortis thorpe?

....or anothony mason?

Or Rick Fox.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject:

tony smith wrote:
orwell wrote:

barkley was so much more than just an enforecer. he did it all. scare the crap out of you while dropping 35 and grabbing 19 boards. damn i miss the 80's!

it makes me sad to think about how barkley would have been castrated by the league and david stern for being the bad ass he was back then. i don't think it's possible anymore.

It's still possible with 'Sheed getting fined a measly $5K for cracking Z's head open when he obviously wasn't playing the ball.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Ronny T

(it should be Kwame, but apparently he is too soft)
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject:

This whole team is soft. Kobe is going to have to watch his own back.
example: Mike Miller
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: