*****UNOfficial Game Thread***Lakers vs Orl, 2-28-06; Game Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
cmonkee wrote:
Kobe limping a little bit... lets hope its not serious...

This is #8 we are talking about here..he would still play if he were in a coma

And still score at least 25.
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
kobe_somebody_odom wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:
CRIMSONlaker must have a beet red face right now.

Dude, your timing couldn't be worse!

the timing is irrelevant. You guys are only impressed with who is doing well currently. Kwame is God tonight, the other night you were ready to ship him off for a piece of bubble yum. Consistency is key and Smush doesn't have that. If Smush was playing bad, you guys would be like, put Sasha in, Sasha is much better. My opinion stays consistent based on performance over time.

Exactly. You said it perfectly. This is the summary of LG in a nutshell.

You guys mistake irrelevant spastic activity as a sign a guy is "trying"

The reality is Sasha is a horribly low percentage shooter, subpar defender, mediocre ballhandler. Utter and complete scrub, best case he is Eric Piakowski. And he had a long way to go to even be that.

Unless he is shooting the lights out and contibuting points (which he isn't) Sasha is completely worthless. There are 500 better players in HS right now, I am following one in my local area (Chase Budinger, La Costa Canyon HS) who is more athletic and a better overall player than Sasha is now and he is only 18.

yeah, you should definitely be a scout. You have a knack for NBA talent.

Budinger is going to play for Lute Olson and will be a pro.

He will be a better pro than the grossly overmatched Boy they Call Sasha

Remember the name jackass, Chase Budinger

HS groupies need to chill out. Chase is currently not better than Sahsa
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
cmonkee wrote:
Kobe limping a little bit... lets hope its not serious...
What happened???

came up funny after a long 3 over Grant Hill; but doesn't look serious; especially with Kobe knocking down an even LONGER 3 in the final minute

on a side note, Smush has gotten better with interviews!
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
When Sasha is in, the triangle runs smoothly. He reads the D well. That's what makes him a smart player. The offense runs better, DESPITE his lack of scoring. He also knows how to play team D and where the rotations are on D.

Smush? Can't say the same thing AT ALL.

The offense is spotty with either in the lineup.

But you completely ignore Smush's contibutions while grossly overvaluing Sasha's. I am not sure why.

No. Not at all. When Smush comes to play, he's WONDERFUL. The problem is that if his shot isn't dropping, he isn't providing anything for us on offense, other than someone else to stand behind the line and add to the total of 3s we take.

I just prefer that the Triangle run smoothly and the defensive effort is there. Sasha's effort is contagious. Sasha begins getting after it on D, be it good D or "spastic quick movements" and everyone else begins trying harder on D.

Having Smush start, forces LO into the SOLE ball-handler cause Kobe is looking to score. Smush NEVER puts a hand up to just "contest" a shot. He never throws a distinct swing pass, he catches it, holds for a couple of seconds, and then throws the swing pass. Sasha is decisive about his passes.

If we could get tonight's Smush 3 out of every 5 nights, I'd be fine with that. But getting this Smush 1-4 nights is just pathetic. At least with Sasha, the effort and ability to read the cuts and things in the triangle is there every night.

Though, tonight is NOT the time to be arguing.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
8pts, 12rbs, 6asst.
Do you consider that a good game for lo

there should be a new laker rule. Lamar has to take at least 12 shots. He needs to be more aggressive offensively. I mean, good game...but his stats look more like a role player than those of the star player.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
8pts, 12rbs, 6asst.
Do you consider that a good game for lo

How about average... and don't forget the 4 TOs...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
When Sasha is in, the triangle runs smoothly. He reads the D well. That's what makes him a smart player. The offense runs better, DESPITE his lack of scoring. He also knows how to play team D and where the rotations are on D.

Smush? Can't say the same thing AT ALL.

The offense is spotty with either in the lineup.

But you completely ignore Smush's contibutions while grossly overvaluing Sasha's. I am not sure why.

No. Not at all. When Smush comes to play, he's WONDERFUL. The problem is that if his shot isn't dropping, he isn't providing anything for us on offense, other than someone else to stand behind the line and add to the total of 3s we take.

I just prefer that the Triangle run smoothly and the defensive effort is there. Sasha's effort is contagious. Sasha begins getting after it on D, be it good D or "spastic quick movements" and everyone else begins trying harder on D.

Having Smush start, forces LO into the SOLE ball-handler cause Kobe is looking to score. Smush NEVER puts a hand up to just "contest" a shot. He never throws a distinct swing pass, he catches it, holds for a couple of seconds, and then throws the swing pass. Sasha is decisive about his passes.

If we could get tonight's Smush 3 out of every 5 nights, I'd be fine with that. But getting this Smush 1-4 nights is just pathetic. At least with Sasha, the effort and ability to read the cuts and things in the triangle is there every night.

Though, tonight is NOT the time to be arguing.

My problem with Sasha is when his "tenacious D" results in touch fouls 40 feet from the basket, and we end up in the penalty with like 8 minutes to play, and it seems to happen every other game.
koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Spero and Mike just interviewed Ronny after the game, what a great guy. He has such a humble and positive attitude, we're lucky he wears the P&G.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Lamar didn't play well. Nothing new, but that dunk on Howard was top 5 dunk this NBA season.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:

the timing is irrelevant. You guys are only impressed with who is doing well currently. Kwame is God tonight, the other night you were ready to ship him off for a piece of bubble yum. Consistency is key and Smush doesn't have that. If Smush was playing bad, you guys would be like, put Sasha in, Sasha is much better. My opinion stays consistent based on performance over time.

The reality is Sasha is a horribly low percentage shooter, subpar defender, mediocre ballhandler. Utter and complete scrub, best case he is Eric Piakowski. And he had a long way to go to even be that.

Unless he is shooting the lights out and contibuting points (which he isn't) Sasha is completely worthless. There are 500 better players in HS right now, I am following one in my local area (Chase Budinger, La Costa Canyon HS) who is more athletic and a better overall player than Sasha is now and he is only 18.

Yes he is. Bigger, stronger, far better athlete. When was the last time Sasha flushed five dunks in a game?

Watch Arizona next year. See who one of the best freshman in the country is.

Budinger would be our second best perimeter player right now. If Mitch wasn't a joke, he would see what he could do to get him to skip college and force a deal to the Lakers.

Instead, he will draft another matador loser like Vujacic or Walton
Gr8testEver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Did Jack just call them the "Queens" on the SCSR?!?!?
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Kobe efficient, energy of Turiaf, good job taking care of the job, good 3rd quarter and everyone else contributing. Excellent game tonight by most of the players. Even Kwame!
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:

Yes he is. Bigger, stronger, far better athlete. When was the last time Sasha flushed five dunks in a game?
Watch Arizona next year. See who one of the best freshman in the country is.

Budinger would be our second best perimeter player right now. If Mitch wasn't a joke, he would see what he could do to get him to skip college and force a deal to the Lakers.

Instead, he will draft another matador loser like Vujacic or Walton

WELL HELL!?!?!? I mean, LeBron James had 7 dunks in that one HS game. Shaq's record at the NBA level is 7. LeBron is more dominant on the inside than SHAQ!!!!!!

:roll:

WHAT DID I TELL YOU ALL?

It's ALL about the dunks people. This is my new quote. "HE DUNKS COOL!!!"

Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Can we just enjoy this win instead of bashing Sasha and Luke?

WTF is this about? Being fans or hating the players and pinning them up against one another.

Ohh let me have a go.

Kobe - the selfish SOB. He didn't pass to Bynum and just screamed at him to set a pick two-three times when he had already established a post position.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Just because you can't dunk, don't let it morph your attitude towards real ballers.

Why is it a bad thing to be able to be athletic enough to dunk the ball?

Oh wait, I get it. That's "black" ball and is "stupid"
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Just because you can't dunk, don't let it morph your attitude towards real ballers.

Why is it a bad thing to be able to be athletic enough to dunk the ball?

Oh wait, I get it. That's "black" ball and is "stupid"

Nope. I like players that can dunk. I DON'T like it when my starting PG's best attribute is his dunking ability.

Keep playing the race card. It's hilarious. :roll:
nesli
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:

wow so much racism.
suprisingly it is against sasha.
I hope you will all stop this. It is getting ugly.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22
Jump to: